Your top 10 CD of 2008

Did you realize I added TV show soundtracks as well as video game OST's in my top 10?

I think he did realize that you listen to all metal except when watching Heroes and Playing Nintendo. Let us be in awe of your expansive tastes in music.

I think he did realize that you listen to all metal except when watching Heroes and Playing Nintendo. Let us be in awe of your expansive tastes in music.

Video game music is awesome! I also listen to classic but try to find any new 2008 classic albums at the CD store. It's pretty hard to find tbh.

Metal + classical music = typical cliché of metal fanboï who knows nothing more in classical than Vivaldi's 4 Seasons piece covered by Laiho.

And : never heard of neo-classical ?

Metal + classical music = typical cliché of metal fanboï who knows nothing more in classical than Vivaldi's 4 Seasons piece covered by Laiho.

And : never heard of neo-classical ?

I mentionned Yngwie Malmsteen in my top 10 favorites.

Yes I listen to other pieces like Toccata and Fugue by Bach, Fur Ëlise too, etc. I only like fast classic though.

Why are you all flaming me for some reason?

because he think he is better than everyone else, and only comes to cobot to satisfy this need

I LIEK MY CLASSIK FAST JOST LIEK MY METUL

[ame]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=by8oyJztzwo[/ame]
BEST SONG EVA

because he is French, and only comes to cobot to satisfy this need
Fixed
I mentionned Yngwie Malmsteen in my top 10 favorites.

Yes I listen to other pieces like Toccata and Fugue by Bach, Fur Ëlise too, etc. I only like fast classic though.

Why are you all flaming me for some reason?

You like what you like, I was more making fun of the fact that you DENY you like only metal. The whole "I only like fast classical" doesn't work in your favour, as it would imply you just like fast noises flying into your face....something expected from someone who put Dragonforce on a Top List of Anything.

Fixed

You like what you like, I was more making fun of the fact that you DENY you like only metal. The whole "I only like fast classical" doesn't work in your favour, as it would imply you just like fast noises flying into your face....something expected from someone who put Dragonforce on a Top List of Anything.

I'm a quebecer...

Ya I understand. I wouldn't be able to listen to the whole Dragonforce album one track after another because it's too repetitive. When it happens, I just don't listen to the music. I hear it, but I don't listen. Mabye speed wasn't the best word to describe my taste. It's more like.... technical music....not KMFDM or RATM, more like COB, hard classical pieces... any music that is hard to play. It can be fast sweeps or 2-hand fast playing on the keyboard. That's why I like COB. Their music is so rich and really interesting on the technical side. They use alot of extreme arpeggios they ever come up with in a lot of octaves, alot of different notes and...It's very hard to explain, ANYWAY HERE IT IS, ARPEGGIOS FROM HELL!

I also like orchestras with string ensembles and everything that is melodic.

ALL I WAS SAYING (and fuck you Vikk since I became the [your random east european country] absolute king) was that it's only when you listen to ONE kind of music that you can't find 10 excellent albums in a year. If you diversify, you can, sorry for exclusively-metal-people who get frustrated because CoB released only one album this year.

But all that was just too much for here, I guess.

EDIT : and oh G4YTOU or whatever it is, you can't say "I like and listen to progressive rock" when you only own one single King Crimson mp3 on your iPod.

ALL I WAS SAYING (and fuck you Vikk since I became the [your random east european country] absolute king) was that it's only when you listen to ONE kind of music that you can't find 10 excellent albums in a year. If you diversify, you can, sorry for exclusively-metal-people who get frustrated because CoB released only one album this year.

Not meaning to take sides here, as I understand that listening to exclusively one genre is stupid, be it metal OR prog rock OR classical, etc.

But I`m not gonna lie, I don`t think that last bit`s true. Metal is such a wide, diverse genre that even if you only listened to it, being able to list 10 albums should be no problem.

The lads/lasses on GMD seem to manage it, no problem.

I'm a quebecer...

Ya I understand. I wouldn't be able to listen to the whole Dragonforce album one track after another because it's too repetitive. When it happens, I just don't listen to the music. I hear it, but I don't listen. Mabye speed wasn't the best word to describe my taste. It's more like.... technical music....not KMFDM or RATM, more like COB, hard classical pieces... any music that is hard to play. It can be fast sweeps or 2-hand fast playing on the keyboard. That's why I like COB. Their music is so rich and really interesting on the technical side. They use alot of extreme arpeggios they ever come up with in a lot of octaves, alot of different notes and...It's very hard to explain, ANYWAY HERE IT IS, ARPEGGIOS FROM HELL!

I also like orchestras with string ensembles and everything that is melodic.

The French thing was at Nerve, who is a Real Frenchman who probably listens to fucked up shit like Electric Woodblock Acid Drone and Electo-Jazz Amish Folk. Not your fakeass, Mayonaise eating, comedy club having bastards.

Nothing wrong with "fast music", but as Nerve said...yee. Start Listening to upbeat Jazz. I'd recommend some but I hate upbeat Jazz.

Stop arguing like babies. We all have different taste in music, and who cares ? Nothing is better than something else, because it's always a matter of personal opinion. But everytime anyone says their opinion here, they end up being bashed. Grow up. If you don't agree with someone else, it does not mean they are retarded.

And I can't pick 10 CDs for 2008, a lot of bands have put out kick ass albums last year. Twilight Of The Thunder God was probably the best, or at least the one I liked the most.

And COF's new album is better than Thornography, which makes me believe they can go back to what they once played.

COB fucked up and need to fire Alexi if they ever want to play anything worth listening again.

That's all I have to say about 2008.