Your top 10 CD of 2008

Another case of Metal Radio and its public being full of fail.

i was a kid. i didn't pop out of the womb listening to Death. I was really big into metallica all through elementary and middle school, then in high school I got into Shadows Fall, Bodom, CC, and so on. I always had stuff when I was younger that I listened to outside of metal, ie. the offspring.

I agree with you though, just about anything on the radio sucks now days.

I poped out listening to Sabbath!
'Cause I'm tr00!

popevu7.gif

Pretty much same here, though, tbh. :kickass: Sabbath, Metallica, and Rammstein.

popevu7.gif

Pretty much same here, though, tbh. :kickass: Sabbath, Metallica, and Rammstein.

thats how i was when i was way younger (single digit age numbers): it was metallica, megadeth, testament, and so on.

as i got older alot of those bands didn't too much in the 90s worth saying because most you already know all their stories anyways. It might be just me I guess, but slipknot was easily ten times better than linkin park and similar shitty ass annoying bands. When I was a teenager i started getting into Shadows Fall, and Rammstein like mentioned above, along with In Flames, All that remains, and CC.

Growing up in the 90's, I was exposed to all kinds of music; grunge, pop, numetal, rock, and death metal.

We used to play outside during the summer, and our neighbor would come out and tell me,"Nik, you need to kick your boy bands to the curb and check this band out."

It was Carcass. Now I was around 8-9, Metallica was our first concert, but by that point, I had a pretty good knowledge of bands like Carcass, Morbid Angel and Cannibal Corpse. And I didn't fully throw those boybands to the curb, I still partake in pop music singalongs :lol:

Growing up in the 90's, I was exposed to all kinds of music; grunge, pop, numetal, rock, and death metal.

We used to play outside during the summer, and our neighbor would come out and tell me,"Nik, you need to kick your boy bands to the curb and check this band out."

It was Carcass. Now I was around 8-9, Metallica was our first concert, but by that point, I had a pretty good knowledge of bands like Carcass, Morbid Angel and Cannibal Corpse. And I didn't fully throw those boybands to the curb, I still partake in pop music singalongs :lol:

Thank you. Everyone has some band or genre that they don't like to admit they listen to.

Carcass = probabley one the best bands of all time. Heartwork is definitely one of my favorite albums ever.

1. Twilight of the Thunder God- Amon Amarth
2. Blooddrunk- Children of Bodom:worship:
3. Planetary Duality- The Faceless
4. Watershed- Opeth
5. N- Norther
6. Unblessing the Purity- Bloodbath
7. Shogun- Trivium
8. Death Magnetic- Metallica (some people may behead me for this):headbang:
9. Last Kind Words- DevilDriver
10. Scream, Aim, Fire- Bullet for My Valentine

Honorable Mentions:
An Overdose of Death- Toxic Holocaust
Fiction- Dark Tranquility
The Formation of Damnation- Testament

4. Watershed- Opeth
5. N- Norther
7. Shogun- Trivium

Honorable Mentions:

hmmm. I'll just have to behead you for choosing BFMV over Toxic Holocaust:oops:

Thank you. Everyone has some band or genre that they don't like to admit they listen to.

I don't hide what I listen to, since that's fucking gay... despite whatever the reaction may be. :lol:

And pop music singalongs are fun. Especially 80's pop singalongs.

Buying bread from a man in brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, do you speak-a my language?
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

4. Watershed- Opeth
5. N- Norther
7. Shogun- Trivium

Honorable Mentions:

Slaughterer of Gay Metal

Even though I'll admit to liking some B4MV, picking them over Testament whilst calling yourself the "Slaughterer of Gay Metal" is pretty hilarious, dude

Oh, and by the way.....

FICTION CAME OUT IN 2007, FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you're gonna put them on the list incorrectly, at least spell the damn band name right. It's DARK TRANQUILLITY. Two L's.

[/spelling and grammar nazi]

hmmm. I'll just have to behead you for choosing BFMV over Toxic Holocaust:oops:

The scary thing is that she'll do it, too. She does have a sword, after all....

l_014bce95f1f8499bac1a27974da0f6aa.jpg

So noone into Destruction I see, because if someone is I think it's one of their all time bests. I love it from start to end, but I don't knwo why the hell in the fucking promotion gig they only played Devolution out of it, nothing else. And it was a full show :ill: Meh, still was a great show, loads of classics :kickass:

They're one of the all time great thrash bands, but their new album was meh in my opinion.

I'm really surprised how people only listen to and elect metal, especially people over 20. This is not a critic, but I wonder how does it feel to listen to only one kind of music.

That's because this is a metal message board, Slugger.

Here's my list. I think I can only do a top 5, since this wasn't a particularly good year for metal. Some of my all time favorites Judas Priest, Destruction, Venom, Hate Eternal, Testament, and even Motorhead with disappointing efforts this year.

5. Cyaegha-Steps of Descent
4. Krisiun-Southern Storm
3. Catamenia-VII: Time Unchained
2. Behemoth-In the Arena ov Aion: Live Apostay
1. Exodus-Let there be Blood