Your top 10 list from 2006: post it here.

Klabautamann - Der Ort
this is a 2005 i'm afraid, i think it tops my 2005 list though and would probably top anything released this year in my book...

the only three 2006 albums i can think of right now that i own and listen to regularly are

1. drudkh - blood in our wells :worship:
2. agalloch - ashes against the grain
EDIT: 3. ghoul - splatterthrash
4. tool - 10,000 days (lateralus was better though)
5. phobia - cruel
EDIT: kylesa goes somewhere in here

disappointing: yyrkoon - unhealthy opera...i like occult medicine (solid 7/10) but somehow this both sounds exactly the same and bores me to fucking tears

still want to hear negura bunget, napalm death, isis and mastodon

second year running i can't fill up a top ten, i don't think i've even heard ten 2006 releases :rolleyes:

top gun contenders:

ludicra
red sparrowes
solitude aeternus
negura bunget
amon amarth
pyramaze
gwynbleidd
hammers of misfortune
drudkh
cattle decaptitation
agalloch
melechesh
EDIT: gojira - motherfuck

i had the wolves demo in my 2005 list, so they're exempt, otherwise they would have made the list

excellent list: tool, summoning, amorphis, daylight dies, celtic frost, summoning, sabaton, kiuas, unleashed, krisiun, the new empyrium tracks

good but could live without: dissection, iron maiden, katatonia, blind guardian, satyricon, the re-released empyrium tracks

can't understand what all the fuss was about, so i hold no opinion: secrets of the moon, moonspell, gates of slumber, vader, ancient rites (just give me diabolical serenades and be done with it)

disappointed: isis, virgin steele, enslaved, drudkh's acoustic duelling banjos

yet to hear: tenhi

best album heard this year (not of 2006): disillusion - back to times of splendor :kickass:

Agalloch
Giant Squid
Colour Haze
Mouth of the Architect
Negura Bunget
Red Sparowes
The Appleseed Cast
Drudkh
Kayo Dot
Battle of Mice

Good : Tenhi, Wolves in the Throne Room

Ok+ : Tool

Weak and/or dissapointing : Isis, Drudkh

Best albums heard this year (not of 2006) : King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic ; Breach - Kollapse

Songs of 2006 :

Agalloch - Bloodbirds
Mouth of the Architect - Wake me when it's over
Giant Squid - Summit

of course my good man, but it would have to wait until tonight when I get home -- watch this space

amazingly enough, their website only references their latest album, "Gloria", as does their myspace page - what lunacy

thank you! duly noted.

i've heard near-universal shit reviews of "Gloria," this is what's inspired me to check out "...Times of Splendor" because thats what everyone seems the standard was set way too high with that album.

Did indeed forget both Dissection and Dolorian. Melechesh might make the list too if I listen more.

Still hanging out to hear the new Pagan Altar and Fall of the Idols.

Contenders:

Mastodon
Tool
Isis
Hammers of Misfortune
Enslaved
Iron Maiden
Killing Joke
Agalloch
Fall of the Idols
Lair of the Minotaur
Cult of Luna
Jesu
Suffocation
Pharaoh
OM
Solitude Aeturnus
Gates of Slumber
Burning Saviors
Isole

1. Mastodon - Blood Mountain
2. Unexpect - In a Flesh Aquarium
3. Mars Volta - Amputecture
4. Martyr - Feeding the Abscess
5. Actual Time - Force of Patterns
6. Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead
7. Dysrhythmia - Barriers and Passages
8. To-Mera - Transcendental
9. Novembre - Materia
10. Soulscar - Endgame
10. Andromeda - Chimera
10. Giant Squid - Metridium Fields

Honorable Mention:
Twisted Into Form
Zero Hour
Hammers of Misfortune
Agalloch
Sikth
Canvas Solaris
Zaar
and probably some others

of course my good man, but it would have to wait until tonight when I get home -- watch this space

amazingly enough, their website only references their latest album, "Gloria", as does their myspace page - what lunacy

That is fucking retarded...I never fully got into Times of Splendor, but it's the album of the decade compared to those songs from the new one, what possessed them to go in that awful direction and practically disown their debut is beyond me...

That is fucking retarded...I never fully got into Times of Splendor, but it's the album of the decade compared to those songs from the new one, what possessed them to go in that awful direction is beyond me...

It's unreal. From debut greatness to sophomore failure. It's rare but it happens.