Your top 10 list from 2006: post it here.

Humm interesting, will check 'em out. Also, would you know where to find the 2 latest Triarii?

Probably sold out from most places.

lets check all my known sources:

mailorder catalog - Piece Heroique here (although I haven't ordered from ABM before, so I can't speak for their speed or reliability)
MusicNonStop.co.uk - and here (expensive, but they seem to be a quality outfit)

Ars Militaria is pretty much hopelessly sold out by now. It was only released in 500 copies a year ago. Sometimes copies will surface (one did on cycliclaw.com last October) but usually they're snatched up right away, so you really have to be diligent about it.

After that, there's always eGay.

of course my good man, but it would have to wait until tonight when I get home -- watch this space

amazingly enough, their website only references their latest album, "Gloria", as does their myspace page - what lunacy

Gloria isn't terrible. I don't like it mainly because I don't like industrial things, but the musicianship is brilliant. To be honest, I didn't listen to the full album for 2 tries, but I gave it some time and it's got a nice atmosphere and catchy at some points. It's nothing fantastic in my books mainly because I don't like industrial stuff, but hell they warned the fuck out of us. Why would anyone expect something like Back to the Times of Splendor?

Demilich: SendSpace | The Best Free File Sharing Service

I can't make a list yet because there is a bunch of albums I have to hear, but:

Loved: Fall of the Idols, Gates of Slumber, Great Coven, Agalloch, Summoning, Drudkh, Negura Bunget, Celtic Frost, Solitude Aeternus, Repugnant, Hammers of Misfortune, Colour Haze, Against Nature - Leer and Ghosting (I don't know if I'll hear the other two this year), Upwards of Endtime, Reverend Bizarre, and Ogre

Good: Dismember, I, Burning Saviours, Asunder, Bible of the Devil, Wolves in the Throne Room, Ares Kingdom, Iron Maiden, Vulpecula, Elysian Blaze, Kampfar, and Dreaming

Okay: Drudkh's second, Suffocation, Vader, Amon Amarth, Gorgoroth, and Unleashed

Eh: Disillusion, Belphegor,

Sucks: 90% of the stuff I reviewed for the radio station.

Need to Listen or Needs more time: Mirror of Deception, Helheim, and Isole.

The ones that I'll love the most, but I won't hear until next year: WARNING AND PAGAN ALTAR :kickass:

EDIT: My top 20: (no order, ones at the top are liked more... sorta)
Negura Bunget - OM
Hammers of Misfortune - The Locust Years
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
The Gates of Slumber - Suffer No Guilt
Fall of the Idols - The Womb of the Earth
Solitude Aeternus - Ghosting
Great Coven - Viaticum
Celtic Frost - Monotheist
Upward of Endtime - Sadly Never Fore
Ogre - Seven Hells
Against Nature - Leer
The River - Drawing Down The Sun
Summoning - Oath Bound
Drudkh -Blood in Our Wells
Burning Saviours - Hundus
Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadam of 12 Stars
Asunder - Works Will Come Undone
Mirror of Deception - Shards
Isole - Throne of Void
Helheim - The Journeys and Experiences of Death

MajestikMøøse;5640722 said:
Probably sold out from most places.

lets check all my known sources:

mailorder catalog - Piece Heroique here (although I haven't ordered from ABM before, so I can't speak for their speed or reliability)
MusicNonStop.co.uk - and here (expensive, but they seem to be a quality outfit)

Ars Militaria is pretty much hopelessly sold out by now. It was only released in 500 copies a year ago. Sometimes copies will surface (one did on cycliclaw.com last October) but usually they're snatched up right away, so you really have to be diligent about it.

After that, there's always eGay.

Very cool, thanks man.

EDIT: My top 20: (no order, ones at the top are liked more... sorta)
Negura Bunget - OM
Hammers of Misfortune - The Locust Years
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
The Gates of Slumber - Suffer No Guilt
Solitude Aeternus - Ghosting
Great Coven - Viaticum
Celtic Frost - Monotheist
Ogre - Seven Hells
Against Nature - Leer
Summoning - Oath Bound
Drudkh -Blood in Our Wells
Burning Saviours - Hundus
Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadam of 12 Stars
Asunder - Works Will Come Undone
Mirror of Deception - Shards
Isole - Throne of Void
Helheim - The Journeys and Experiences of Death

That's a pretty decent list.

I'm intrigued by ...

Great Coven - Viaticum
Ogre - Seven Hells
Against Nature - Leer

... just because they were pretty high up on your list and I seem to like/agree with what everything else you listen to.

I'm a big Fall of the Idols fan. They have a Myspace page if you want to check out a song or two. I also reviewed their last demo (which I kinda prefer) at Metal Review.
Also, you can download several Against Nature albums from their site. Good band.
I can provide links later tonight if you don't find them yourself.

1. Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
2. Negură Bunget - Om
3. Tenhi - Maaaet
4. To-Mera - Transcendental
5. Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Butcher's Ballroom
6. Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars
7. Drudkh - Blood in Our Wells
8. Hammers of Misfortune - The Locust Years
9. Anata - The Conductor's Departure
10. The Gathering - Home
11. Will of the Ancients - S/T
12. Orplid - Sterbender Satyr
13. Profundi - The Omega Rising
14. Asunder - Works Will Come Undone
15. Keep of Kalessin - Armada

radical:
kayo dot
tool
wolves in the throne room
agalloch
celtic frost
converge

pretty good:
mars volta
deftones
isis
cult of luna
anathallo
mogwai

you've let me down, son:
the sound of animals fighting
into eternity
disillusion
dj shadow

Drudkh - blood in our wells
Agalloch - ashes against the grain
Summoning- oath bound
Saturnus - veronika decides to die
Negura bunget - om
Celtic Frost- Monotheist (I may be on the minority for this)

I'm still listening to the new Morrigan and Solitude Aeternus

I enjoyed the new Vader and Anata, but both I'll forget about in a few months.

Maiden was satisfactory live, but the record itself was poor

I ended up liking the new Dissection a whole lot, despite initially thinking it was rubbish. I've been playing it lots recently, and it's a thoroughly enjoyable listen. It would make my top 10 for sure if I could be bothered to make a list.

That's a pretty decent list.

I'm intrigued by ...

Great Coven - Viaticum
Ogre - Seven Hells
Against Nature - Leer

... just because they were pretty high up on your list and I seem to like/agree with what everything else you listen to.

Fall of the Idols is like Reverened Bizarre gone Traditional Doom.

Great Coven is just fucking fantastic. They put a doom album together, not sounding like other doom bands. It sounds like a huge crowd of people arching for something evil. Probably my favorite doom album of the year.

Upwards of Endtime is an occult heavy metal band, with great vocals. They wear their influences on their sleeves though. Great written stuff with tons of melody.

Ogre is a heavily influenced by Black Sabbath, kicking ass all over the place. It feels like it's right out of the 70's with all it's rock influences like Sir Lord Baltimore. They pour their souls into their music, while their not being innovative, they sure take doom to another level.

Against Nature reminds me of Revelation gone stoner rock. They have the sound similar to Colour Haze and other stoner bands like this but they doomify it. Really relaxing and grooving. They put out four fucking albums this year, and I've only heard Leer and Ghosting. Both fantastic, but for no specific reason I like Leer better.

The River is female fronted and is really slow. The guitars and bass almost mud together letting her vocals take over. It's really depressive and unique. The albums tends to flow perfectly and it can easily go right past unless you pay attention to all the subtle details.

Add Dolorian - Voidwards to my list as well.

I thought The River sounded like a slowed-down, heavied-up top 40 band and not that good at all. Then again, people say the same thing about the new Warning so wtf?

I thought The River sounded like a slowed-down, heavied-up top 40 band and not that good at all. Then again, people say the same thing about the new Warning so wtf?

Really? I've heard that from another person as well. I don't get that feeling at all. It seem slowed down depressive and vocal heavy. The guitars are definitely metal, but harder to hear than most doom stuff. It took me a few spins to hear everything. It's so bass heavy.

Eh, I'll give it another shot some day! Like I said, I think whoever said the same about Warning's "Footprints" must have been on crack at the time so maybe its the same deal with The River :loco:

Well I just listened to the Warning song again and it damn near brought a tear to my eye. Truly emotional doom that goes beyond the genre's cliches.

BTW has anyone heard Twisted Tower Dire's "Netherworlds"? I'm listening to one track on their myspace and it doesn't sound like it has the energy of "The Isle of Hydra" or the epicness of "The Curse of Twisted Tower Dire"

BTW has anyone heard Twisted Tower Dire's "Netherworlds"? I'm listening to one track on their myspace and it doesn't sound like it has the energy of "The Isle of Hydra" or the epicness of "The Curse of Twisted Tower Dire"

The two tracks I've heard off of it sounded really awesome, but I've yet to hear the whole album.