Your Top 2009 releases so far...

I don't care if I come off as a complete tool for this :/
On Facebook there is a top 5 application where you can choose your top 5 for whatever and when you type in the name, if their picture is in the database the picture will come up with their name underneath it.
I decided to do top 5 metal vocalists. I'm typing in my list, and of course the only one of my top 5 who doesn't have a picture is Mr. Kuhr :( So I loaded a picture up for you.
In Response to the earlier posts, It absolutely has to do with being able to understand the lyrics content, sure I'll miss a word here and there but getting majority of it is the idea, and what good are vocals if they don't add to the music and atmosphere.

for those of you who are curious my list was...
Mikael Akerfeldt, Mikko Kotamäki, Dan Swanö, Paul Kuhr and Mikael Stanne.

back to the topic, I enjoy the new Obscura.
New candlemass is sweet
and I think I already said it but the new Isole is worth your money

so far my favorite album of 2009... Wolves in the Throne Room. I just recently started listening to these guys, but they are amazing.
if you want to check them out "Diadem of 12 stars"... that is how black metal should be

Man, Devin Townsends' Ki is a real beauty. Totally different to his other stuff very spacious and mellow. This is exactly the kind of album I wanted him to make, a real grower.

Man, Devin Townsends' Ki is a real beauty. Totally different to his other stuff very spacious and mellow. This is exactly the kind of album I wanted him to make, a real grower.
Good to see someone else digs Ki. From what I've read around the web, most fnd it a disappointment. Imagine that?

Good to see someone else digs Ki. From what I've read around the web, most fnd it a disappointment. Imagine that?

Yeh alot of people are quite close minded it seems. Dev has said not to expect to be blown away by it, more to let it just sink in over a few listens...it is very different but still quality music and still very Dev.