Your Top 5 Of Theocracy Songs

metalgrounds

Apr 12, 2011
San José, Costa Rica
This is really hard....
for me the best 5 songs in no particular order are:

Laying the Demon to Rest: the canges of tempo even being a large son it doesn´t get borring, and the lyrics theme are excelent, having in mind that most of the metal topics are some how related with dark and demons this fits excelent :hotjump:

Bethlehem: don´t get me to "CC" but every time I hear this song and try to sing it my eyes gets filled with tears and I get very emotional, the picture of Jesús as a little child in the hands of Simeón (don´t know his name on English...:erk:) and the meaning of it from our perspective as a great point there, well done Matt!!!

Ichthus : the chorus is so catchy that after I hear it the first time 3 weeks later I still had it in my mind!!!:worship:

Absolution Day : the Lyrics start so Daily but get the twist to the real thing that Jesus did for us and the Chorus praise out loud him!!!

Frosty Vs Rudolf: where do you get this concept, is excelente I was Laughing for (Xmas) days!!!

Though I like all the Theocracy songs, this 5 gets my 4 thumbs up!!!! let´s wait to hear the new material!!!!

So, which are your Theocracy top 5?

No particular order.

Bethlehem - First Theocracy song I heard so automatically jumps to the top 5 for me. Such a beautiful song.

Absolution Day - Second song I heard ever of them. Just a fantastic song. I love the chorus.

Wages of Sin - Fantastic song! Who says you can't be 3:20 long and be epic at the same time? Favorite Theocracy riff in this song.

Theocracy - I love the message behind it and explains the meaning behind the band's name. "Theocracy within!"

Martyr - Kick ass song! I love it. I dunno what else to say it's just a rockin track.

1 and 2: "The Serpent's Kiss" and "Twist of Fate", tied.

3: "Mirror of Souls".

4: "The Healing Hand".

5 and 6: "Laying the Demon to Rest" and "Theocracy", tied.

I have fallen in love with "on eagles wings"... i would love to fly away sometimes, and the lyrics simply are GREAT!
also, i would rate
mirror of souls,
laying the demon to rest,
bethlehem (because it's great to play it on the piano ^^) and
sinner.

I'm not even going to try....but if I had to I guess they'd probably be Mirror of Souls, Theocracy, Icthus, Laying the Demon to Rest, and The Serpent's Kiss...not necessarily in that order, but kinda at least.

1. & 2. Laying the demon to rest & Bethlehem
3. The serpents kiss
4. Theocracy
5. & 6. Twist of fate & The healing hand

Hmm... This is REALLY HARD! And it's bound to change with the new album coming out and all! :D

1. Laying The Demon To Rest
2. Absolution Day
3. The Serpent's Kiss
4. Martyr
5. Icthus

No order, but these are my favorite 5 that come to mind at the moment (subject to change without notice :)

Victory Dance
On Eagles' Wings
Absolution Day
Theocracy
The New Jerusalem

1. Mirror of Souls
2. Laying the Demon to Rest
3. Bethlehem
4. Absolution Day
5. Victory Dance