Your Top Ten Albums of 2005 List!

Cis said:
Haha, what is that??? Guess I should check out this band cause I'm very much into Scandinavian berries - blueberries with tequila, vodka, brown sugar, some hot water and I don't remember what else was in the drink is very tasty and funny ;) lingon berries are good as well

Yeah, You sould do that, they are so fukking great..
They come from Sweden and play 60's Rock'n Roll.. Here is the sitehttp://www.jimmylingon.com

It's a very good year! Coming close to 1993!

1. Gojira - From Mars to Sirius
2. Enslaved - Isa
3. Disiplin - Anti-life
4. Shining - The eerie cold
5. Taake - ...doedskvad
6. Opeth - Ghost reveries
7. Requiem Aeternam - Philosopher
8. Immolation - Harnessing ruin
9. Detonation - Portals to uphobia
10. Deathspell Omega - Kénôse
11. System Of A Down - Mesmerize
12. Sigh - Gallows gallery
13. Superstatic Revolution - Goodbye mr Watson
14. Aborted - The archaic abattoir
15. The Firstborn - The unclenching of fists
16. Torment - Forgive the ignorant
17. Battalion - Winter campaign
18. Subterranean Masquerade - Suspended animation dreams
19. Wapenspraak & Drinkgelag/Garmenhord - De strijdlust van het zwijn
20. Satariel - Hydra

Opeth - GR
PT - Deadwing
Soilwork - Stabbing the drama
Pain - Dancing with the dead
Disturbed - Ten thousand fists

+ a gazilion ihers i have forgot...
(those are pretty much the ones i have listened to the last days..)

The track "Is it not sound" is fabulous but the remainder of the album is worse. "Perdition city" remains their best electro album.

Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Audrey Horne - No hay Banda
Moonsorrow
Demons and Wizards - Touched by the Crimson King
Antimatter - Planetary Confinement
Fields of the nephilim - mourning sun

i'll try and think of 4 more

Darkness Coming, you mustn't think of only one track from "Blood inside". This music makes sense when you're listening to the WHOLE album, and more than once.

Nevermore - This godless endeavor
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
Nocte Obducta - Nektar Teil II
Primordial - The gathering wilderness
Paradise Lost - Paradise Lost
Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Dark Tranquillity - Character
Meshuggah - Catch 33
Soilwork - Stabbing the drama
Communic - Conspiracy in mind

Jinn said:
I am poor and thus purchased very few albums.
PT's new album rules though.

same here....

A part from Opeth I only bought old albums because they are cheaper...

@Cis...mhh our cocktail...that was good!I whish it were summer so we could pick berries, camp, play guitar..und set "lagerfeuer "!!!

In no particular order

Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast 2005
Epica - The Score
Moonsorrow - Verisakeet
Entwine - Sliver
Shape Of Despair - Illusions Play
Sieges Even - The Art Of Navigating By The Stars

Was really disappointed with the new Porcupine Tree, the new nevermore wasn't all that great either, same rehashed stuff and not as good as previous albums. the Primordial was kinda boring compared to the last couple they've released and the Dark Tranquillity was a bit predictable, but i guess not all that bad.

Discussion of the best albums of the year is very interesting thing, but I have one Question: why is it here and not on 'GENERAL MUSIC DISCUSSION'?

Procella said:
Nobody mentioned new Ulver? 'Blood Inside' is great!!!
What I heard from it is very good. If I'd heard the entire album (and I haven't just yet), I probably would've included it.

the_dying said:
7. Requiem Aeternam - Philosopher
Good stuff. (It is from 2004, though.)

Procella said:
Discussion of the best albums of the year is very interesting thing, but I have one Question: why is it here and not on 'GENERAL MUSIC DISCUSSION'?
Because this way, the discussion will be among those who frequent the Katatonia forum...

ether said:
same here....

A part from Opeth I only bought old albums because they are cheaper...

@Cis...mhh our cocktail...that was good!I whish it were summer so we could pick berries, camp, play guitar..und set "lagerfeuer "!!!

If you want to meet the more rich members of the forum then, just check their list's length.
Or maybe they are mp3 downloading addicts :ill: No, it can't be, there are only honest people around here.:saint:

the-lull said:
If you want to meet the more rich members of the forum then, just check their list's length.
Or maybe they are mp3 downloading addicts :ill: No, it can't be, there are only honest people around here.:saint:

or maybe they spend all their money in Cds...
When I had more money, I actually spared it for trips and vacations, etc..so not much is left for cds then...
I don´t like to download an entire album, first I have no patience to look for it and all the songs, second I don´t know what programs to use, then I´m lazy about burning cds and then last but not least this Pc sucks...
So if I have friends who can burn me a Cd it is easier..but I don´t have many friends who listen to the same music I listen (at least here)...which leads to the obvious conclusion that if I want to listen to some new cd I have to buy it...or listen to the radio( but I suppose a web radio...btw some knows if there is a metal radio in Sweden?)

Opeth-GT.
Dark Tranqulitty-Character.
Novembers Doom-The Pale Hunt Departure.
Mors Principium Est-The unborn.
Lost In Tears-To no Avail.
Klimt 1918-Dopoguerra
Rapture-The Silent Stage.
Graveworm-Nutopia
Swallow The Sun-The Ghost of Lost.

ether said:
or maybe they spend all their money in Cds...
When I had more money, I actually spared it for trips and vacations, etc..so not much is left for cds then...
I don´t like to download an entire album, first I have no patience to look for it and all the songs, second I don´t know what programs to use, then I´m lazy about burning cds and then last but not least this Pc sucks...
So if I have friends who can burn me a Cd it is easier..but I don´t have many friends who listen to the same music I listen (at least here)...which leads to the obvious conclusion that if I want to listen to some new cd I have to buy it...or listen to the radio( but I suppose a web radio...btw some knows if there is a metal radio in Sweden?)

Metal radio in sweden... well, I listen to swedish radio (using the web of course, I live too far ;-)) when I want to listen to metal. On Thursday ther's going to be Candlemass concert!!!:headbang: