Your Worst Nightmare

Wow, these are some dereilicte linups here!
I was thinking of recording a version of evolution and impersonating my nightmare lineup. The vocals and keys would be the most fun to do I think. I only can't do the bass, because I don't own one. But there's always effects! :)
Keep the catastrophic visions coming!

BTW, anyone you list isn't necessarily bad. It's just who you think would be the worst replacement. Can you see david wayne singing "Here we are, children of sun and staaaars, the first to know, and to understand, raaaaaaaaaiaiaiaiaiaiaaaaaaaaaar!" In his dirty falsetto snarly voice?!
It would be hilarioius!
:D

This is too awesome!!! Okay here I go:

Vocals: The singer from Smash Mouth
Guitars: Lenny Kravitz
Bass: Tom Morello (ex RATM and currently Audioslave)
Keyboard: Little Richie
Drums: that drummer chick from the White Stripes

Lol....just having the singer from Smash Mouth is scary enough! But if you ask me I think just having the band Good Charolette cover it is enough to make me kill.

Vocals - James LaBrie
Guitar - John Petrucci
Bass - J. Myung
Keys - J . Ruddes
Drums - M. portnoy

b/t/w - I actually think it will awsomme to hear DT do SyX songs.

Vocals: Anders Friden (he cannot sing clean at all)
Guitar: Jimmy Page
Drums: Lars Ulrich
Keys: that loser that has ruined Soilwork.... I can't remember his name
Bass: Les Claypool (good but it hurts to listen to Primus)

ProgMetalFan said:
:lol: Absolutely hilarious! Unfortunately... the NDV nightmare has come true for Fates Warning! :cry:

Here's my nightmare Symphony X lineup:

Vocals: Neal Morse (Spock's Beard)
Guitar: Jack Frost (Seven Witches)
Bass: Jimmy Bain (Dio)
Drums: the drum machine used on Crimson Glory's "Astronomica"
Keyboards (and additional vocals): Jon Oliva (Savatage)
I just imaging how this guys would play Symphony X , for example, Eyes of Medusa, poor Neal Morse... :lol:

I don't really know about bass and keyboards but the absolute worst replacement for Russell would be my boyfriend *shrudders*. :ill:

On guitar I'd like to see Avril Lavigne throw an attempt at shredding. Yeah, I think she knows a couple of chords. :Smug:

As for drums, after seeing Metallica Icons on MTV, I will never again doubt that Lars Urklish is the suckiest drummer out of any band I've ever listened to. :yuk:

A couple of these names might be recognized only by those of us who are kind of old, but...

Vocals: Bob Dylan
Guitar: Ace Frehley
Bass: Any country music bassist at all
Drums: Karen Carpenter
Keyboards: Liberace

Special Guests
Backing Vocals: Slim Whitman, Celine Dion, Jim Morrison

Even thinking about it makes me shudder.

Alright, I've put some serious thought into this...

Vocals - Cher
Guitar - Prince, otherwise known as Fruit
Bass - Leonardo DiCaprio
Drums - Barbara Streisand
Keyboards - John Carpenter

Oh wait... do they need to be musicians?

Hyoukinmono said:
A couple of these names might be recognized only by those of us who are kind of old, but...

Vocals: Bob Dylan
Guitar: Ace Frehley
Bass: Any country music bassist at all
Drums: Karen Carpenter
Keyboards: Liberace

Special Guests
Backing Vocals: Slim Whitman, Celine Dion, Jim Morrison

Even thinking about it makes me shudder.

Heh, how old do you mean? I recognize all but Karen Carpenter. And I'm somewhere between the ages of 17 and 19.

Friend of Moloch said:
Heh, how old do you mean? I recognize all but Karen Carpenter. And I'm somewhere between the ages of 17 and 19.

I meant late thirties or older.
Karen Carpenter was one that I didn't think younger people would get. (She was half of the 70s brother-sister group The Carpenters.)
The other I didn't think would be known by younger people was Liberace. If you knew who he was, then you got half way through the advanced level. :)

Hyoukinmono said:
I meant late thirties or older.
Karen Carpenter was one that I didn't think younger people would get. (She was half of the 70s brother-sister group The Carpenters.)
The other I didn't think would be known by younger people was Liberace. If you knew who he was, then you got half way through the advanced level. :)

Sweet, I'm halfway through the... advanced level... yay.

The artistic, mano-depressive, creative genius, songwriter wierdo - Daniel Johns.
Singer, album cover designer - Marlen Mansen.
Drums, un-hypocritical manager, cool guy - Lars Ulrich
Bass, loudmouth, arogant, good looking - John Myung (This is nothing againts his playing)
Keyboards, mentally-striaght, the guy who keeps it together -David Helfcot
Guitar, Nice fella - Yngwie.J.Malmsteen

Thats sarcazem for ya.