You're Invited!!!!!!!!!!!

Angelbreeze said:
Sorry man, but I guess Lina is the first in his rank. :p
How dare she?! HOW DARE SHE?!?!

Can I be the wedding singer then? :err:

aww this is so romantic. I watched about half of She got mail or whatever it's called the other day, but I fell asleep and can't remember how it all turned out... so assuming films document reality, anything can happen for you guys right now :) ... If this is a joke, it's a damn good one, but congrats if it isn't. Quite totally randomly had absolutely no idea at all... This has made me happy today.

DragonLady1 said:
nah I dont mean its bad in the sense that its not funny, it just doesnt leave a good feeling for me to be fooled, thats all...

wait until you show up one hot summer monday in the south of greece, all dressed up, carrying a bouquet of flowers and a box with a cute, yet enormous puppy inside as a present for the bride-to-be, then. ;)

DragonLady1 said:
rahvin, I know greek weddings, already been to one as I've been in greece very often, my favorite part was always the one where u started to throw plates on the walls... is it still a tradition there?

you should probably ask a greek person, i've never been to a ceremony outside my state.

but i was thinking about how fooled you're gonna feel if you travel all the way to there and find out it was a joke. i bet you might want to throw some plates anyway.

but isn't throwing plates a widely used custom? i mean, in germany there's a seperate festivity called "polterabend" some days before the actual wedding, where all your friends come over, have a party, and throw plates.

Ahhh, so many questions since i've last been here.. let's see:

@LaRocque: At first the greek tradition was having weddings on Sunday. For many years now it has been Saturday, mainly for the comfort of visitors from other places. Posh weddings happen on Friday. We're not rich, so we picked Monday for a few reasons:
a) easier to find the church and restaurant you want, b) it's summer so the comfort of visitors isn't disrupted anyway, c) my parents got married on Monday, d) it's my first free day of the summer and i only have a short break so the sooner the better.

@Arch: we'll have to audition you for that. when are you free to fly over?

@DL: I don't know about throwing plates at weddings, but if it happens i sure hope the plates are thrown on the wall and that i'm nowhere near that wall.. :p I don't know what you mean by throwing plates, that's something that happens mostly in night 'clubs' (with shitty live music) and the plates are thrown on the floor.. In the same sense you could see that at a wedding reception, but to be honest i've never seen it at one and i wouldn't want to. Normally at the wedding ceremony we throw rice and sometimes even candies at the heads of the happy couple+best man+priest..

@solefald: yeah, and it's called "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".

@all those wondering whether this is a joke or not: i guess you'll have to wait till 24th July to find out, sowwy.. :p Meanwhile, gifts are accepted. ;)

Disclaimer: Before you start throwing sues, shoes or plates my way for fooling you into puchasing gifts or tickets for this wedding, or just for plain fooling you, please remember that 10 months is a long time in which anything can happen. And this could be a joke. Or not. :p