YouTube gems

I had no idea this video even existed!!! Now THAT's what I call RUSH!

I first heard this in about 1979. It was the paradigm shift (personally speaking) that changed my playing for ever.

SRS

Last edited by a moderator:
AWESOME vid, Sorrell! I'd love to see Rush again, it's been years..but we'll be in Hawaii when they hit Concord in May *pout*.

I had no idea this video even existed!!! Now THAT's what I call RUSH!

I first heard this in about 1979. It was the paradigm shift (personally speaking) that changed my playing for ever.

SRS

Who's the blonde kid on guitar? LOL. Wow. What a great song/video. Nice find Steve

If it was 1975, I'd say you were screwin' up. :lol: But considering their last 10 studio albums...I think you made the right choice. Aloha baby!

SRS

Well yeah, the last time I saw them was on the Presto tour & the giant rabbits onstage traumatized me..haven't been to see them since. ;)

I've seen them a bazillion times... The last time just last year, and I saw their 35th anniverary tour a couple years ago now....

I think my favorite tours were the Signals Tour, P/G Tour and the Counterparts tour! I enjoyed the Presto and Roll The Bones Tours too...But they are always great...

I am not a fan of their newer stuff (after Signals) at all, but I have seen live videos of them from the past 20 years and they still have it live. I have not seen them at all and really need to before they break up for good. I know a lot of bands break up after their prime then do reunion tours, but if Rush breaks up I seriously doubt they'll ever be able to do a reunion tour. That being said, what a testament to these guys. How many bands have actually stayed together this long? Even the 150 year old guys from Yes had their "parting of ways" days. So did Kansas, and so did Styx. Rush have always been there. The only threat of a real break up was during that time when Neil's life got completely turned upside down. I can't believe he was able to pull it together so quickly and get right back at it. Those guys rock!

It's weird how they show the cover from the Song for America (second release) album, yet The Pinnacle is from their third release, Masque. Great video though!

It's weird how they show the cover from the Song for America (second release) album, yet The Pinnacle is from their third release, Masque. Great video though!

I didn't even catch that I just thought they through up a Logo...
Masque is one of my Favorite Kansas albums... I was happy to find The Pinnacle on Youtube!

Here's another really bent one: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0hwTrNkJCg&feature=related[/ame] I live for this stuff (which goes to show how pathetic my life really is).

One of my favorite bands when I was in School

God I love Youtube

URIAH HEEP

My Favorite Line Up
Lee Kerslake, Mick Box, Gary Thain, Ken Hensley, David Byron 1972-1975

Later Version of Heep with John Lawton Singing '77

90s-00s version of Heep playing one off their first album "Very 'eavy Very 'umble"

Almost 40 years and still going!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome stuff Brett. I had never heard of them until Abominog, which I really liked way back then (I was a Junior in High School) - but I went back and started buying their older stuff and liked it even better. Come away Melinda is something I've never heard before. What a great song!