Appropriate Heavy Metal Wedding Songs

It seems metalheads the world over who wish to marry would like a heavy metal wedding. Both Met-Al and I agree that a heavy metal wedding is a good thing.

This thread = great resource. :D

Yeah, I'm trying to make a CD of all possible first dance songs. I really would have loved to do a Kamelot song since they're one of our favorite bands but all the slow songs are so sad but I've yet to hear all their bonus tracks. The Conception one is a possibility though. Therion was also another one that just didn't have any fitting music. I do have a few nonmetal songs. Only because I was a huge Corrs fan many years ago and their unplugged version of At Your Side is a great song. Plus Brian is Irish so they're a fitting band.

I'm glad some other folks suggested "This Heart Of Mine (I Pledge)." I thought I was the only one who loved that song! Aside from that song, I would check out Adagio's "Promises," Brave's "Falling Into Bliss," and Dreamscape's "All I Need." Those are all very heartfelt ballads. If you're looking for something in the vein of Firehouse's "Love Of A Lifetime" (another great selection, even if it's used often), I would go with Lynch Mob's "Dream Until Tomorrow." It's a little more upbeat, but it's a beautiful song. I also like Dokken's "I've Found." It's an acoustic ballad that sums up a lot relationships. There's my two cents.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

So I am now taking suggestions. Anyone have any ideas?

It's not metal, but it's from a great, classic prog band:

"The More We Live (Let Go)" by Yes.

It's a beautiful song, the lyrics are COMPLETELY appropriate IMHO, and I think it would be a great "first dance" sort of song. I always felt like it *should* be a wedding song, honestly...

Here's a link to the lyrics:

The More We Live (Let Go) - Yes

It's one of my favorite Yes songs, though it's from one of their worst CDs (Union). Check it out...I think you'll like it. :headbang:

Craig

If Sapphire was a moment in a film, it would be the end of Dr. Zhivago...where Zhivago finally sees the woman he lost 30 years ago out of the corner of his eye, and her train pulls away, and he has a heart attack and drops dead right there.

ROFLMAO!!!! What a way to describe the song! Appropriate, but somehow hilarious!

Um...given the above description...I think that qualifes as "stating the obvious." :lol:

Later!

Craig

So here's what I have so far:

Wedding Party entrance: Ric Flair Theme
Bride & Groom entrance: Europe - Final Countdown (hey.. um.. Glenn... Think you could send me like the first 2 minutes of the Floor cover from the All Star Jam????? *puppydogeyes*)

Dinner songs:
Blind Guardian - Bard Song (going to cut off the second half that starts getting heavy)
Edenbridge - Empire of the Sun
Green Carnation - Six Ribbons (possibly Child's Play Part 3 too)
Opeth - Den Ständiga Resan (it's in another language so no one will understand the sad lyrics).

Dancing:
Raintime - Beat It
Volbeat - I Only Wanna Be With You
And of course stuff like Journey, Guns N Roses, Queen, & Bon Jovi. Dancing songs are hard unless they're well known enough or covers because few people at our wedding listens to our type of music so it's not like we could even get 10 people to recognize a song.

I also want to toss in After Forever's cover of Heart's Alone but it's kind of sad :(
Another possible one is Edenbridge's For Your Eyes Only. Not sure where that'd fit best though. It doesn't have the best beat for a slow dance song.

Include some oldies for the older folks (the 'rents, etc.). I think everyone had a blast dancing to The Twist and stuff like that at our wedding. It's hard to dance to metal.

Though the image of KimK doing the Twist with my stepdad has yet to fade from memory... no matter how hard I try to beat it out... ;)

Shaye

Dancing:
Raintime - Beat It
And of course stuff like Journey, Guns N Roses, Queen, & Bon Jovi. Dancing songs are hard unless they're well known enough or covers because few people at our wedding listens to our type of music so it's not like we could even get 10 people to recognize a song.

Adagio does a cover of "Fame" ...that's always a good dancing song! And most people know the Irene Cara version.

Adagio does a cover of "Fame" ...that's always a good dancing song! And most people know the Irene Cara version.

:yow: I will immediately check this out as I love that song. Oddly enough I've had Out Here On My Own in my head all day.

And Shaye, I'm making sure to get a decently well rounded list for the DJ. So far I've got a bunch of songs like You Spin Me Round, Sweet Caroline, Paradise by the Dashboard Light, Take Me Home Tonight, Come on Eileen, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, 1963 (Oh What A night), and a bunch of other must haves. Though there will be no YMCA. I'm putting all songs with actual defined hand movements/dance steps on the Do Not Play list.

Wedding Party entrance: Ric Flair Theme
Bride & Groom entrance: Europe - Final Countdown (hey.. um.. Glenn... Think you could send me like the first 2 minutes of the Floor cover from the All Star Jam????? *puppydogeyes*)

Dinner songs:
Blind Guardian - Bard Song (going to cut off the second half that starts getting heavy)
Edenbridge - Empire of the Sun
Green Carnation - Six Ribbons (possibly Child's Play Part 3 too)
Opeth - Den Ständiga Resan (it's in another language so no one will understand the sad lyrics).

Dancing:
Raintime - Beat It

I also want to toss in After Forever's cover of Heart's Alone but it's kind of sad :(
Another possible one is Edenbridge's For Your Eyes Only. Not sure where that'd fit best though. It doesn't have the best beat for a slow dance song.

Nice selections!

I too found this thread as one of my first resources when searching online for "heavy metal wedding" when Nick and I got engaged back in April.

We've got a few ideas for songs thus far (all subject to change, of course):

Wedding Party Entrance:
Lift You Up - Gotthard

Bride/Groom Entrance:
Anarchy X - Queensryche

Couple's First Dance:
Für Immer - Warlock
(Sidenote - When Nick and I first started dating, we selected "Forever" by Kiss as "our song." It's interesting that even after our music interests have shifted slightly over the last 6 years to more power and true metal, the song that we pick as "our song" still means "Forever.")

Dinner Songs:
(Thanks for mentioning this. I hadn't even thought about those songs yet. I'll have to put some more thought into this one.)

Dancing:
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
Beat It - Raintime (I like this idea so I'm stealing it. :D)
Invisible Touch - Genesis
If Looks Could Kill - Heart
Our Time Now - Lana Lane
Kiss Me Deadly - Lita Ford
One Step Away - Ratt
Eversleeping - Xandria

And of course the stuff most folks know like Kiss, GnR, Journey, Judas Priest, Scorpions, The Eagles, AC/DC, Motley Crüe, Poison, etc. We also have quite a collection of good metal covers of other songs that we can throw in as well - good call on that idea. Thankfully, we're getting the DJ from Baltimore's Ottobar's Metal Monday (a friend of ours) to be our DJ for the wedding, so it's not like we're hiring a regular DJ who has no clue about metal, let alone what we like specifically.

Thankfully most of our friends are also into metal (or at least classic rock which has some crossover), and Nick and I like a wide variety of music, so we won't have too much trouble picking songs that most folks will like.

I'm also thinking about using Silk and Steel or Exit Music by Savatage somewhere in the actual wedding ceremony, since we don't just want a metal reception, we want a total metal wedding. (Although I'm not sure how well that's going to work with my parents wanting us married Catholic :Smug:).

Some other "Metal Wedding" ideas that we've come up with thus far:
* Wedding Colors - Silver and Gunmetal with accents (flowers, ribbons, etc.) or black and red
* Nick's Tux (and possibly his best man's too) - black leather tux
* Cake - White Savatage guitar cake with red roses wrapped around the neck (Top tier to save for our first anniversary? - We'll save the headstock. :tickled:)
* Favors - match packs with "A Match Made In Metal" printed on the outside with our names and wedding date

And Shaye, I'm making sure to get a decently well rounded list for the DJ. So far I've got a bunch of songs like You Spin Me Round, Sweet Caroline, Paradise by the Dashboard Light, Take Me Home Tonight, Come on Eileen, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, 1963 (Oh What A night), and a bunch of other must haves. Though there will be no YMCA. I'm putting all songs with actual defined hand movements/dance steps on the Do Not Play list.

lol, good move. However, stress to the DJ how much you REALLY don't want those songs--the only thing on our DNP list was Lynrd Skynrd (we got married in Alabama) and sure enough, we walk in and there goes "Sweet Home Alabama." he can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe my words were something like "Mike, go, kill, now." :Smug:

I'm also thinking about using Silk and Steel or Exit Music by Savatage somewhere in the actual wedding ceremony, since we don't just want a metal reception, we want a total metal wedding. (Although I'm not sure how well that's going to work with my parents wanting us married Catholic :Smug:).

We used Silk and Steel (along with a few other instrumentals, incl. Dryad of the Woods by PoS) as "seating music" and it worked VERY well. I think you could put SaS in just about anywhere, even in a non-metal wedding, and it would work nicely.

Y'all just have to make sure to post pictures and descriptions of what you wind up using and how it goes. :)

Shaye

lol, good move. However, stress to the DJ how much you REALLY don't want those songs--the only thing on our DNP list was Lynrd Skynrd (we got married in Alabama) and sure enough, we walk in and there goes "Sweet Home Alabama." he can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe my words were something like "Mike, go, kill, now." :Smug:

The only difference between now and then, I believe, is that your smiley looked more like this: :Shedevil:

:D

--Mike

A good song for your wedding would be "I walk beside you" by Dream Theatre. An absolutely beautiful song, the lyrics are really fitting. It is a bit more uptempo like song but I would still use it as a 1st dance or even to walk down the aisle!!!!

A lot of people have good ideas on this post though!!!