Appropriate Heavy Metal Wedding Songs

Kind of horrifyingly, I figure that prominently featured at my wedding (should it happen) would be Within Temptation - What Have You Done

-j

Wow. Big bump.

Just so you guys know, for our first dance we went with Apocalyptica - Nothing Else Matters.
Nightwish - Walking In the Air was the last song of the night.

The one I have really enjoyed lately is Black Majesty's Six Ribbons.

Someone in an earlier post mentioned Six Ribbons by Green Carnation -- so one or both is probably a cover. I haven't heard the GC version, but the Black Majesty one rocks.

Congratulations on your wedding! I got engaged earlier this year (the wedding will be in 13 more days on New Years Eve).

I was amused when I did a google search for Heavy Metal Love Songs and it brought me back to the prog power forum. :)

-Tanelorn

Ann & I had "Space Dye Vest" by Dream Theater arranged for piano and that was what we walked out to, the big ending of the song.....

My wedding sing for our reception will be "Sleeping Sun". Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" is a nice alternative, though.

My wife wrote this article. Has some of the wedding songs we had! :kickass:

Ten Unique Wedding Songs for Lovers of Heavy Metal

Very nice article. Really cool!

At our wedding we had BEYOND TWILIGHT's "Closing The Circle" when my wife walked down the aisle. (yes, we left out the speech part from the beginning of the song, hehehehehe).

Our first dance was to PAIN OF SALVATION's "This Heart Of Mine" (kind of interesting to go back 4 years on this thread and see that she actually wrote on here that she wanted that one, haha).

During the reception part of the day (which by the way was extremely funny and had a lot of the PPUSA-regulars getting wasted!) we had Zak and Mitch from Circle II Circle play for us - they did great covers of everything from Journey to Savatage, Elton John to Beatles, Circle II Circle to Pink Floyd and so on. It was a blast.

c.

Congrats !! I wish you a long and happy life.

when my wife an dI got married this past New Years Eve, we used "Dreaming (Tell Me)" by Yngwie Malmsteen. Simply a Beautiful song.

That is a good choice. I really liked the combination of Malmsteen/turner.

I think Heaven Tonight and Deja Vu would work as well.

Bryant

Giving this thread some more life as I start looking at a DJ for our wedding.

Love some of the songs here, but the thing I've been struggling with is music that is danceable to and approchable for non-metal fans (aka most of the reception). I'd love to hear if people have had some new ideas.

Some of my more recent ideas:

Kamelot - Wanderer
Kamelot - A Sailorman's Hymn
Kamelot - Forever (I think I've been hooked on this song since PPXI :headbang:)
Marco Sfogli - Memories
Marco Sfogli - Seven
Blackmore's Night - Spanish Nights
Vanden Plas - Kayleigh
Sieges Even - Where our Shadows Sleep
Opeth - Ending Credits
Porcupine Tree - Trains
Redemption - Love Kills Us All / Life in One Day (yeah I'm not going to get to play this no matter how much I love Redemption lol!)
Shadow Gallery - Comfort Me
Steve Vai - Hand On Heart
Vox Tempus - Steal the Moment
The Who - Love Reign O'er Me

Edit:
Add Silent Call's Through the Endless Night because I just listened to that as it cam up on my Ipod on random and it was sexier than I remembered!

My boyfriend's friend just got married. The reception intro song for the entire group was the Hulk Hogan theme song Real American. Amazingly the guys all managed to refrain from any wrestling poses. It was part of the deal with the bride. He gets the wrestling song (she hates wrestling) but no one poses. THAT's a weird song.

For the reception entrance, my buddy Rick entered with his wife to 'Eye of the Tiger'

I sang "My Number One" by Dream Evil to my husband during our reception.

I5.jpg

Also, our wedding party walked into the reception hall as my band played "Go Into The Water" by Dethklok.

We had a metal themed wedding. :3 Even my cake had spiky collars!!

6172_131406840743_617680743_3235745.jpg

My guitarist (at the time) played during the actual ceremony.

A25.jpg

Giving this thread some more life as I start looking at a DJ for our wedding.

Love some of the songs here, but the thing I've been struggling with is music that is danceable to and approchable for non-metal fans (aka most of the reception). I'd love to hear if people have had some new ideas.

Some of my more recent ideas:

Kamelot - Wanderer
Kamelot - A Sailorman's Hymn
Kamelot - Forever (I think I've been hooked on this song since PPXI :headbang:)
Marco Sfogli - Memories
Marco Sfogli - Seven
Blackmore's Night - Spanish Nights
Vanden Plas - Kayleigh
Sieges Even - Where our Shadows Sleep
Opeth - Ending Credits
Porcupine Tree - Trains
Redemption - Love Kills Us All / Life in One Day (yeah I'm not going to get to play this no matter how much I love Redemption lol!)
Shadow Gallery - Comfort Me
Steve Vai - Hand On Heart
Vox Tempus - Steal the Moment
The Who - Love Reign O'er Me

Edit:
Add Silent Call's Through the Endless Night because I just listened to that as it cam up on my Ipod on random and it was sexier than I remembered!

Congrats on your wedding!! Mine is coming up (next week) and here's some of the metal songs I added to our list:

Vanden Plas - Fireroses Dance
Dream Theater - Surrounded
Conception - Flow (fun, upbeat almost dancing song)
Kamelot - Love You To Death
Masterplan - When Love Comes Close

And a bunch more. HAVE FUN and good luck with everything!!!

One year ago this weekend, my wife made her way down the aisle to Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "The Wisdom of Snow"...which has a nice little piece of Savatage's "Back to a Reason" embedded in it. :D