16:9 Widescreen?

everpain said:
I can't comment - everything is in proportion on my widescreen TV and it looks great.

Well, yeah, that's because you can stretch it horizontally to fill the screen. You still have to change something on your TV in order to view it properly.

I emailed InsideOut to the general email address. I wonder if I should resend it to all the individual names on the site. It doesn't say who is in charge of what though.

Snowmaker said:
Well, yeah, that's because you can stretch it horizontally to fill the screen. You still have to change something on your TV in order to view it properly.

Actually as I stated earlier it is not correct on a widescreen tv either....yes, I can stretch it to fill the width but it is still geometrically incorrect (squeezed slightly top to bottom) I can see it. If he doesn't notice it then fine, enjoy your dvd :Smug: . Bottom line is it's wrong. It's a f**k up on their end. I'll try to call see what they say. Hope there is an 800 number or I'll just have to get a dvd burner for my computer and fix the IFO file and re burn it to a dvd. :Smug:

Snowmaker said:
I never did get back a reply. Did you just send an email to everyone in the "contact us" list?

No, I didn't know who to send it to so I just addressed it to the General Email listed. At least they responded, I didn't think I'd get that......I'm pleasantly surprised!!

The point here is that people are getting too technical! I haven't got a clue what all this anamorphic stuff is and the screen ratio.
I put the DVD in the machine, it comes up automatically to fill my screen (no lines or squashing etc) and it looks ok to me.
I will say again though that this does not mean that there isn't a fault, just that I was not aware of it. I'll mention it to the band at Bloodstock if I get to meet them again (which is likely, as they always talk with the fans), but I can't promise anything more than that.
But please, don't make me (and others) feel bad when this fault simply wasn't noticed by us and we were genuinely happy with the DVD. Cheers

everpain said:
But please, don't make me (and others) feel bad when this fault simply wasn't noticed by us and we were genuinely happy with the DVD. Cheers

Are you in Europe? If so, you have nothing to worry about because the PAL version is supposedly fine (I think). Its the NTSC version for the US that has the error.

sknight said:
We need a phone number and an email to get in touch with insideout. They most likely will not respond to the board.

This is the most I could find:

Insideout.de page:

InsideOut Music America
  • Address:
    InsideOut Music America
    344 TB Oakville Drive
    Pittsburgh, PA 15220
    USA

Jim Pitulski

E-Mail:
    click

Fax:
    +1 4129379283 <--- No longer in service
And on Evergrey's main page:

InsideOut Music America
1601 Banksville Road, 2nd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15216
Fax: 1-412-561-5440 <--- This one is definately a fax #.
Email: info@insideoutmusic.com
Web: www.insideoutmusic.com

We could fax them all this. :D

I talked with Jim at InsideOut today and they are aware of the problem and will issue a statement on what will be done to remedy it next week.

To those who I didn't personally respond to on the general email, please don't take it personally :) . There's a ton of emails that come through there each day and a lot of times it gets forwarded over to the office.

MetalAges said:
I talked with Jim at InsideOut today and they are aware of the problem and will issue a statement on what will be done to remedy it next week.

To those who I didn't personally respond to on the general email, please don't take it personally :) . There's a ton of emails that come through there each day and a lot of times it gets forwarded over to the office.

Thank you! :worship: