16:9 Widescreen?

SliderJeff said:
Watch the outlines of all the cymbals in the drumkit as well. Jaggies are easily seen every time the camera behind the drums shows the kit and the crowd.

Still waiting for a resolution... no pun intended :)
Jeff
Wow, I thought that stuff was because I was viewing it on my computer.

Well, I can only recommend against buying the EG DVD, until well after the fixes have surfaced, because you're inevitably going to get the defect copy. Same thing with the Dream Theater DVD. The defects are still in stores and still being shipped out from the record companies.

sknight said:
Wow, I thought that stuff was because I was viewing it on my computer.

Well, I can only recommend against buying the EG DVD, until well after the fixes have surfaced, because you're inevitably going to get the defect copy. Same thing with the Dream Theater DVD. The defects are still in stores and still being shipped out from the record companies.

what the error of the dream theater dvd? Becasue I recently bought it but haven't seen it completely.... so i'd want to know whats the problem with it. Thanks in advance.

In the first NTSC edition of Live at Budokan, the 5.1 mix was defective. Some of the channels had exchanged places, so that the center channel was directed to subwoofer and LFE channel to the center speaker, or something like that.

There was also some timing errors with the first edition of Live Scenes from NY. I think it's crazy how easily the music DVDs seem to get some errors.

Helen A. Handbasket said:
Oh, no, no, no!

I highly recommend that you
~BUY THE DVD~
It rules......I've watched it more times than I can count.
o_O

4? :D

If you've got a keen eye for things that are not in the proper aspect ratio, this DVD will bug the hell out of you. I wouldn't suggest NOT buying it though. The 5.1 is still outstanding! Just don't look at it until a replacement is available (someday).

Evan84 said:
I just got it today and turned it off halfway through because it looks absolutely atrocious. :mad:

Interesting that a Dane use a NTSC version, and / or is too stupid to read through the thread before taking the piss. The PAL version is absolutely excellent, just like the concert.

I figured after not being on the board for a few weeks that I would see some results, per Metalages insistance, but at this point, we have a better chance of seeing god, it seems.

You guys know what to do.

Ever notice how mistakes made by record companies are usually in their financial favor?

SirJuzzi said:
There was also some timing errors with the first edition of Live Scenes from NY. I think it's crazy how easily the music DVDs seem to get some errors.
There were? I have the first edition NTSC LSFNY and I haven't noticed anything like that, was there a return thing for that one?

Snowmaker said:
Well, if that's the case, are there any plans to correct this problem? I have a regular 36" TV and it looks ridiculous stretched vertically. Everyone is tall and skinny.

I have a 36" Toshiba and while its not in widescreen nothing is stretched out to make it look wierd, it just looks like a normal full screen mode. I didn't even notice that there was anything wrong until you all pointed it out, but I am happy with the DVD so if they send out replacements great if not, I am good with it.

Bear

i called inside out a couple of weeks ago and Jim was in the background. They told me that the discs would be in the following week, so I can send mine in and they'll replace it. I also urge others to make the call to confirm that the replacements have arrived, as I will do. I don't want to send my disc in until I know for a fact that the new ones have arrived.

sknight said:
i called inside out a couple of weeks ago and Jim was in the background. They told me that the discs would be in the following week, so I can send mine in and they'll replace it. I also urge others to make the call to confirm that the replacements have arrived, as I will do. I don't want to send my disc in until I know for a fact that the new ones have arrived.

is 412-561-1100 the phone number? thats the only one I saw in the website..