Votes: 5 23.8%
  • black album

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • load

• reload

• Total voters
And I like Escape, if it sounds a little too happy the outro clears that up and makes it sound creepy.

bloodfiredeath said:
I went with Puppets. RtL could never win for me because Trapped Under Ice has gotta be one of the lamest Metallica songs of all time (in the good era of course).

This album totally blows and has gotta be one of the most overrated albums of all time. Seriously, I fucking hate Megadeth.

This album has been raved about in several other past threads in this forum, and I have remained tight-lipped. But you know... the signature... :D
Why don't you put your signature someplace where only gerbils might find it? Just staying in character is all. :tickled:

While we're on the subject of RTL, why no mention for the title track...that was one of my personal anthems growing up, and those solos...damn, makes Hammett's degeneration (and the rest of the band) even more tragic thinking about them...

St Anger is the only official Metallica release I don't own. The only stuff I've heard from it is the shit they played on the radio.

I even own Garage Inc, S&M, Load, and Reload. Although it's their weak period, there are a couple of highlights dotted about here or there (Garage Days Re-revisited covers of course, Mercyful Fate cover, Minus Human, No Leaf Clover, Memory Remains, House that Jack Built, and The Outlaw Torn). Maybe a few others.

I even own their Binge, Shit, Purge, Whatever video, Cunning Stunts video, Cliff Em All, and the One video (with both the short and long version of that brilliant video).

I don't own Kill'em All. :loco:

Ride the Lightning the song is incredible. I remember back in '94 the only time I saw Metallica they played a medley of a bunch of old shit and it started and finished with first and last few seconds of Ride the Lightning. :kickass:

As far as post-black album stuff goes, House That Jack Built is one of my favorite Metallica songs ever, and Garage Inc. kicks ass, even all those new covers are really good. Only heard a handful of tracks off St. Pooper and Reload, I'll probably bargain bin those eventually though, just fer da helluvit. Or I could just get another CD-R copy like my Load CD. :loco:

voted for MOP by a hair over RTL ... but RTL is such a dark record ... to this day it has such a dark, doomy vibe hanging on it. Is it just me?

The first 3 releases are classics.
Actually I like the Black album over AJFA ... just for the ballads. I think The Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters are true classics. AJFA just annoys me.

NAD said:
As far as post-black album stuff goes, House That Jack Built is one of my favorite Metallica songs ever, and Garage Inc. kicks ass, even all those new covers are really good. Only heard a handful of tracks off St. Pooper and Reload, I'll probably bargain bin those eventually though, just fer da helluvit. Or I could just get another CD-R copy like my Load CD. :loco:

i hear you there, load was actually the cd that got me into them and metal as a genre belive it or not. THTJB is a really good and gloomy song; as well as aint my bitch, king nothing, until it sleeps, the outlaw torn and mama said :D

reload has some good songs to offer as well like attitude, devils dance and fixxxer (which is a very underrated song btw) but it's not nearly as good as load