• black album

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • load

• reload

• Total voters
spaffe said:
i hear you there, load was actually the cd that got me into them and metal as a genre belive it or not. THTJB is a really good and gloomy song; as well as aint my bitch, king nothing, until it sleeps, the outlaw torn and mama said :D
Ah, someone besides myself that likes Mama Said! :cool:

I like everything before st böger, but we all know that the pre-black stuff is 3+98475387465346534587635489634589763458763485976374589634756395492865934 times better than the rest

I admit that I like playing Mama Said on my banged up old Fender Acoustic. I like Hetfield's vocal harmonies in the chorus as well - a bit Alice in Chains' ish. It's still an exceptionally gay song though, but shit, I still listen to Duran Duran. :loco:

I just remembered I downloaded a Fade to Black ringtone for my cell phone a year or two ago, and I just changed it back to that right now.

Fade to Black > me

Hot weather makes Metallica better, therefore:

90 degree day + Ride the Lightning = NAD having a good day at work.

Speaking of "Ride the Lightning," (the song), Metallica busted that one out 2 nights ago in the city of Lost Angels.

Along with "Damage Inc," "The Thing That Should Not Be," "Whiplash" and "Die Die My Darling" :headbang:

Wow, Whiplash? That's cool. Who opened for them, Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park? :Smug:

Blackened
Fuel
Ride The Lightning
Kirk Doodle #1
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
The Thing That Should Not Be
Frantic
Harvester Of Sorrow
Dirty Window
Sad But True
Creeping Death
Damage Inc.
St. Anger
Nothing Else Matters
Master Of Puppets
One
Enter Sandman
Die, Die My Darling
Whiplash

Wow, that's a pretty impressive setlist. It was at the Forum though. :yuk:

markgugs said:
Well, they certainly ain't playing anyplace smaller...
Dude there are so many more venues out here that are about the same size and infinitely better. Staples Center, the Pond, even the Long Beach Arena are better than the fucking Forum. I hate that place though. :loco:

Lol, I honestly thought the Forum/Staples Center was the same place, I had no idea they both still existed. As for the Pond and LB Arena, they're not in LA! They're like 6 years to the south or something.

No way man, LBC is hardcore ghetto LA style. Ugh, what a fucking dump. Good place to find cheap authentic Mexican food, but I can get that up here. :Spin:

It does border the "OC" though. I can't believe people recognize what the OC is out of this self-important land, when that show came to Fox I laughed my balls off. It's probably filmed in Florida. :loco:

Gotta go with RTL. Side one (yeah I still have the original tape) is a flat out masterpiece, and side two comes pretty darn close as well. The intro to For Whom The Bell Tolls is hands down what converted me to metal fan for life. The most anthemic, crunchy raise your fist and headbang riff ever written, I don't care how simple it is, simple does not mean bad.

BTW, you want an underrated Metallica song? Try Frayed Ends of Sanity minus the Wizard of OZ intro. Outstanding. Also, in addition to most of the songs Jay mentioned from the Load and Re-Load sessions, Fixxxer also rules.

Lars is a woman, but instead of being a somewhat competent woman drummer like he was 20 years ago, he sucks.

As much as I love "Dyer's Eve", and especially since it contains one of Kirk's finer moments, I don't think I want to hear this new MP3. I don't want to see them anymore either, whether it be on TV or in a concert. My memory of Metallica is not yet completely tarnished, and I want it to remain that way!!

I have memories of being 18 and lining up outside Tower Records in London to get the double gatefold LP for AJfA, or seeing them on the "In Vertigo You Will Be" tour of 1989/90 where they basically just stripped the Justice set and played loads from Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning. Jason Newsted was still a newbie, and memories of Cliff Burton were still fresh especially since we watched "Cliff 'em All" on an every-other-day basis. I'm even happy to remember seeing Metallica on the Black Album tour playing the Milton Keynes Bowl (with Megadeth, Almighty, and Diamond Head in support), and seeing a phenomenal rendition of "The God That Failed" in front of 100,000 people.

Everything else just stands to ruin the memory of that timeframe (the fucking golden years of metal), so as far as I'm concerned, they might as well all be with Cliff Burton right now. :(

JayKeeley said:
...I don't think I want to hear this new MP3. I don't want to see them anymore either, whether it be on TV or in a concert. My memory of Metallica is not yet completely tarnished, and I want it to remain that way!!
Regardless of the opinion that "Dyers Eve" didn't match the album version from *cough* 16 years ago *cough*, don't let that color your opinion of the vast majority of their ability to play live.

I've heard well over a dozen live shows in their entirety from the 2003/2004 tour, and by and large, they're superb.

Keep in mind, I've heard dozens and dozens of live recordings from 1985-1993, and to be honest, they were never the tightest live band around.