2 stages, 2 styles, good idea or not?

prince_of_darkness54321

Master of the Earth
Oct 20, 2002
royston, herts, england
Visit site
i feel sorry for the guys who choose the bands for this event, cos we seem to have 2 diff fan types, we have the power metal fans and the extreme fans, but they both seem to like thrash and a few like the traditional stuff, so i tihnk we should chase the idea of having 1 stage for extreme and the other for power metal, then maybe having firday night asthrash or traditional metal, i say tht cos i myslef liek t get down the front and stay there, and being a power metal fan myself i dont wanna have to sit thru a load of bands im not reely into while i wait for someone else, and im sure ppl into the extreme stuff dont wanna sit thru the power metal, so why not have a stage for each, then if ur into both styles then change stages a few time,

wat do other ppl tihnk on tht idea?

Definitely a good idea. Although I'm not so fussy when it comes to the different types -- so long as it fits my criteria, I'll like it -- I can totally see the point. At least you know what you'll be getting on each stage. I vote for that! Bring on the metal!!

Taz

:headbang:

This is definately a better idea than some festivals that do it by splitting each day into a different genre. It means there's bound to be something for everyone and keeps all of you terribly destructive black/death metal lovers away from us peaceful epic/melodic folk :p

dragonmaiden said:
Have to agree here...one stage for power and one for extreme definitely!!
So where do you put the bands that don't fall into either category? Bates Motel? Illuminatus? Ninedenine? 5th Man Down? Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with the current setup. We get a good mix of bands on both stages. I'd agree that we could do with a few more extreme bands, but the problem is that all the best ones are from abroad, and there's only so much budget to bring foreign bands over...

Tet said:
So where do you put the bands that don't fall into either category? Bates Motel? Illuminatus? Ninedenine? 5th Man Down? Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with the current setup. We get a good mix of bands on both stages. I'd agree that we could do with a few more extreme bands, but the problem is that all the best ones are from abroad, and there's only so much budget to bring foreign bands over...

In the darwin suite on the friday!