2004 Band Lineup

Tet said:
I wouldn't mind, either, as it'd give me a chance to see the band! I couldn't find anywhere to park when I arrived in Derby last year, so by the time I was parked and in the venue, I'd missed your set :-(

Alot of people missed us due to us being on first. I must have read a dozen reviews that said they could hear us playing from outside but were stuck in the queue to get in. We still had a crowd of about 200, though, so we were more than happy with that and it was great just to be invited to play.

Getting a slot on the bill for '04 would be the dogs' testicles

As for bands I'd like to see next year, I'd go for -

Queensryche
Exodus
Angel Witch
UFO (if they could stay sober for long enough)
Children of Bodom
Twisted sister
Raven
Lawnmower Deth

And, as it's a wish list, Loudness and Accept. Never happen but I can dream....

I've really got to start listening to some newer stuff :)

this is currently still mine:

Line Up for ‘04’

Friday
HELLOWEEN
DORO
SINNER
INTENSE

Mainstage
GAMMA RAY
PRIMAL FEAR
LACUNA COIL
LOST HORIZON
WHITE SKULL
NOSTRADAMEUS
MESSIAH’S KISS

Second Stage
TRISTANIA
BORKNAGAR
RETURN TO SABBAT
ELVENKING
INFOBIA
RIFF MASTER GENERAL
METALLICA to open for the second stage

Nice lineup, but with only 4 British bands, I doubt it'd be financially viable. You could throw in Girlschool on the Friday, like William suggested. You also seem to have forgotten Grave Digger, who are a great live band (no, I'm not impressed that they they seem to have forgotten the UK on their curent tour!).

Friday is a bit of a hit-or miss affair for me.

But why not get bands that share members, how cool would Katatona, Edge of Sanity, Opeth and Bloodbath be or...
Spiritual Beggers, Dismember and Arch Enemy or... Arcturus, Mayhem and The Kovanant.

Or if you want a Brit themed group, Frost, Aborym (Italy), Mistress, Benidiction

Anyhow...

Main Stage:
Mostly Power Metal with maybey Lacuna Coil or The Gathering in for good measure, I'm no expert so I'll leave it up to you guys. Seriously tho' the following will not take anything but the Headline slot: Therion, Dimmu Borgir, In Flames or Children of Bodom, they are all WAY too popular to go on the second stage and only a legend like Halford etc. would stop them takeing the top spot

Second Stage:
My Dying Bride
Napalm Death (What kinda brit metal fest is it without them?)
Dark Tranquility (They deserve a break, they have played 5 shows in as many years in this country)

Aborym, Frost or Axis of Perdition if they can muster a live group

A little-known forign Death/Black act like Carpathian Forest, Aborted, Lipid, Impaled, Myrkskog or Yattering

a few unsigned brit extreme acts like Mithras, Liquified Skeleton (tho' not actualy a fan of either they could do with the exposure) or Cruel Humanity (again)

Baletempest said:
Seriously tho' the following will not take anything but the Headline slot: Therion, Dimmu Borgir, In Flames or Children of Bodom, they are all WAY too popular to go on the second stage and only a legend like Halford etc. would stop them takeing the top spot
Dunno. I'd probably agree about Dimmu Borgir (who incidentally I'd love to see -- I've already got my tickets for October). But I wouldn't necessarily say the others are too big for the second stage.
Baletempest said:
Dark Tranquility (They deserve a break, they have played 5 shows in as many years in this country)
Perhaps, but they were awful at The Garage a few months ago, so I'm in no hurry to see them again.

... I cn't remember any such band, Nasum colaverated with Shane but I haven't herd about Barny, plz elaborate.

How about giveing some smaller Gothic bandfs a break, Madder Mortum, Dark Sanctuary, Strommoussheld, Hollentorn and Alas (heck we could nab Hate Eternal with that one too, Eric Rutan is in both bands) all deserve breaks

Black Lagoon said:
I'd go for

Friday Night

Motorhead
Dio
Overkill
Girlschool

Saturday Main Stage

Anthrax
Gamma Ray
In Flames
Lacuna Coil
Savatage
Seven Witches

Second Stage
Orange Goblin
Entombed
Arch Enemy
Shadows Fall
Cathedral
Dumpy's Rusty Nuts!

great line-up, i wud pay anything to see it,
but sounds more like a Waken line-up...

Tet said:
Well, I think that '04 now really has to be Priest headlining, supported by the Kai Hansen / Jeff Waters side project. I'll stick with Eagle's Tristania/Borknagar suggestion for the second stage.

I'd love to see the True Priest headline '04' but would Derby Assembly Rooms accomodate everyone?

I'm also really hoping that the Kai/Jeff Twin Attack project takes place. I think this could be something very special.

If it was upto me, this would be my Bloodstock '04 ;)

Friday

Hammerfall
At The Gates
Mourning Beloveth
Carpathian Forest

Saturday - Main Stage

Saxon
In Flames
My Dying Bride
Rhapsody
Dimmu Borgir
Immortal
DragonForce
Cathedral
Power Quest

Saturday - Second Stage

Children Of Bodom
Impaled Nazarene
Bal Sagoth
Blaze
Einherjer
Morgion
Cruel Humanity
Bloodstream
Absurd (Russian melodic death)

An odd choice. Saxon, DF, PQ, Blaze, Hammerfall -- you're already getting them this year! Better to have a varied lineup than to keep rolling out the same bands. Also, My Dying Bride and Bal Sagoth both suck live. Immortal are sadly no more, and Rhapsody have said that they won't play in the UK (like Manowar -- a decision probably influenced by Joey DiMaio). And Dimmu Borgir are *waaay* too big to be that low on the bill. I'd like to see Einherjer, although I'm unconvinced by the samples I've heard from the new album.

The_Dreamer said:
If it was upto me, this would be my Bloodstock '04 ;)

Friday

Hammerfall
At The Gates
Mourning Beloveth
Carpathian Forest

Saturday - Main Stage

Saxon
In Flames
My Dying Bride
Rhapsody
Dimmu Borgir
Immortal
DragonForce
Cathedral
Power Quest

Saturday - Second Stage

Children Of Bodom
Impaled Nazarene
Bal Sagoth
Blaze
Einherjer
Morgion
Cruel Humanity
Bloodstream
Absurd (Russian melodic death)

What an awsome festival that would be! :)

An odd choice. Saxon, DF, PQ, Blaze, Hammerfall -- you're already getting them this year! Better to have a varied lineup than to keep rolling out the same bands. Also, My Dying Bride and Bal Sagoth both suck live. Immortal are sadly no more, and Rhapsody have said that they won't play in the UK (like Manowar -- a decision probably influenced by Joey DiMaio). And Dimmu Borgir are *waaay* too big to be that low on the bill. I'd like to see Einherjer, although I'm unconvinced by the samples I've heard from the new album.==============================================
I know Immortal are no more, but its MY festival lol, if I say they have to play, they play ;)

Immortal are no more? when did that happen, BTW Dreamer, ATG haven't been for 4+years now (Tho' The Haunted rule). MDB have had mixed reviews live, sometimes they suck but sometimes they are awesome, depends on what they play and what the venue is.