2004: bands wish list

On the main stage.............

Manowar (they owe us a gig surely!!)
Hammerfall
Royal Hunt
Rhapsody
Cathedral
Anathema
Acrimony( reformed especially for the ocassion....I can dream!!)
Witchfinder General (ditto!!)
Paragon
Stormwitch
Northwinds
Budgie
Ten

Smaller stage...........

Electric Wizard
Meads of Asphodel
Cruel Humanity
Dream Evil

johnhall said:
Edenbridge WHO?? - My thought exactly. Sounds like a folk foursome from Cumbria or something. In fact I've not heard of half the bands mentioned. Seeing them mentioned on here gives me a chance to check them out.
Priest with Halford ??? Priest will be in the UK alright next Summer but you'll be seeing them at the NEC or Manchester Arena never mind Bloodstock.
MOONSPELL, ICED EARTH, ANATHEMA, MY DYING BRIDE, TIAMAT, BUDGIE, URIAH HEEP. All realistic.

I havnt heard their music but have heard the name, however it is very confusing for me because Edenbridge is a small town in Kent about 10 miles from where I live!!

Pretty Maids from Denmark and Scanner from Germany.

Steve Grimmett's Lionsheart... ( lie )

Man Uriah Heep deserve respect as they were 4th pioneering metal act from our country after Led Zep, Deep Purple, Sabbath. Mind you I don't like Barney Shaw's voice much... Gramprix?

Angel Witch played at Bang Your Head so......... Yeah Angel Witch!

Budgie nice! Welsh Metal Gods Budgie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \m/ Paul Di'anno's KILLERS!!!!!! Man Di'anno f**king rocks.

NWOBHM forever!

HAMMERFALL, No need to explain \m/

MANOWAR, of course!

GRAVE DIGGER, Cos they re metal incarnate

RUNNING WILD, Every fest needs some pirates!

ANATHEMA, as said before, most underrated uk band!

RHAPSODY, Cos they re amazing and have never played here

CATAMENIA, Little known but incredible melodic bm band fom Finland www.catamenia.net

THE ALMIGHTY, Damn good English heavyrock band!

MOURNING BELOVETH, Irish doom/death masters, about time to introduce some doom to bloodstock!

Please dont get Dimmu, apart from having the place crawling with mini Dani filths, they are utter shite live!

Amorphis, fuckin great idea! :Spin:

As for people asking for biger bands lik dimmu or more to the point, Preist or Dio etc, i dont think they would be good choices, as if preist played, it would sell out in a day, and 90 % of people wouldnt give a monkeys about the other bands on th bill and it would be a great shame... i think the sort of sized bands they have is about perfect!

William said:
Catamenia and Mourning Beloveth, as I said last year would be great

If those two bands played on the bill, i would seriously cream myself :tickled:

Catamenia would be so perfect, excellent band, very proffessional and experienced ( 5 albums under there belt! ) and not widely known, this would be perfect for em!

Same goes for mourning beloveth, the perfect doom band for the event!

Much as i love MDB, i wouldnt really wanna see em at bloodstock to be honest, id rather see a lesser known doom band on the second stage and save the mainstage for more ridiculasly cheesy power metal! \m/:Spin:\m/

and OI random Phil, Remeber me? Alan, we were talking about manowar and metal girlfriends:tickled: at the front row of bloodstock 02 while waiting for Primoridal to come on? Hail dude! \m/

hmmmm....

hammerfall
power-quest (again, but on the main day this time)
rhapsody
gamma ray
dream evil
sonata arctica
Freedom Call
DragonLand (bit of a dream eh?)
Shadowkeep
manowar
soliloquy *grins*

I was just listing there, there's no particular order in the choices. But they'll do nicely.

Judas Priest, Manowar, Scorpions, Hammerfall, M.S.G, U.F.O (if they're still going) & Atvance (a newish band with a hell of a vocalist)!