2006 so far...

I like alot of stuff you guys hate so.... This is what i bought...

Kataklysm Arms of Devastation
Scar Symmetry Pitch Black Prgress
Cannibal Corpse Kill
Dismember God That Never Was
Sonata Arctica For Revenges Sake
Inflames Come Clarity
Edguy Rocket Ride
One Man army and The undead Quartet 21 century Killing Machine
FalkenBach Heralding The Fireblade
Savage Circus Dreamland Manor
Amorphis eclipse
Evergrey Monday Morning Apocalypse
Terror 2000 Terror For Sale
Blind Gaurdian Fly
Ministry Rio Grand Blood
Decapitated Organic Hallucinations

Theres couple others like The new Darkthrone and Venom but they didnt impress me at all . The new Sadus was dissappointing to or so I thought. Tool will never touch my cd player.

You sunovabitches...

valkyrie.jpg

Demilich said:
i'm gonna give that another try soon

Dude, it fucking RUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLEEESSSSSSS....

JK, keeps talking about these subpar metal bands with retro twists but cannot seem to open his eyes to VALKYRIE!!!!! These twin guitars, ESPECIALLY the solos, are fucking KILLER!

Demi, if you wanna hear more than the sample on SR, just hit me up.

I first heard of this Harrisonburg, VA outfit with their Sunlight Shines EP, a three-song collection of some of the finest Pentagram by way of Hawkwind doom out there. Unlike a good number of their doom contemporaries, Valkyrie guitarists Pete and Jake Adams aren’t afraid to lay down some serious soloing. It seems like every song is aching to explode with some harmonized leads or some back and forth dueling. Valkyrie is doom with oomph, providing the dour vibe but never getting bogged down in plodding riffs. This is an impressive debut. I could see these guys on a tour with the likes of The Hidden Hand and Earthride and holding their own. Great stuff (especially the solos).

Valkyrie-s/t (Twin Earth) Review by MetalGeorge

"Valkyrie" is a stunning debut from this extremely promising Virginia-based Doom act; an eight song trip of the most vintage, honest sort, and a humbling reminder of just how beautiful simplicity can be when placed within the context of Rock Music. This four piece combine free-form arrangements and harmonized lead runs a la Thin Lizzy and Wishbone Ash, and incorporate a dizzying psychedelia to the proceedings, resulting in a sound both familiar yet unique.
While being a Doom act at its core, Valkyrie's fluid adaptability and spacey, extended guitar jams lend itself an appeal to both Classic Rock and Traditional Metal fans as well. Of course, the epic and fantasy-laden nature of the lyrics probably isn't hurting their cause, either. Another interesting aspect of the band is the ease with which dual guitarists/vocalists Jake and Pete Adams work with one another. Naturally, the sibling factor must play a part in this, but regardless, both Adams' trade off vocal and guitar lines gracefully and comfortably.
Vocals really aren't the centerpiece of the band, however, as the aforementioned "jams" tend to last for multiple minutes at a time. The guitar melodies tend to become lyrics in themselves, pushing each song forward and furthering each song's particular story. This manipulation of their respective instruments is impressive, and fills me with anticipation as to where the band will go next.
As it stands now, Valkyrie has established a rock solid foundation with this debut, and looks prime set to follow in the footsteps of their idols on future efforts. With an appeal that is undeniable, and songs which retain their bite and shine through countless spins, Valkyrie are destined to make a name for themselves within the hallowed halls of Doom.

Supposedly, their live show is fucking ridiculously killer as well.

Well I'm game! I'd love to hear more. I think I was just put off by it not sounding as much like Pentagram as I probably wanted at the time. I'll give itr a better shot now.

JayKeeley said:
Wolfmother

This must have been 2005. I remember they toured for it last year, so it must've been.

Wolfmother fucking haunt me, too. Every time I walk into a shop these days, they're playing a Wolfmother song. Every time a car drives past with the radio on too loud, it's playing Wolfmother. Every time someone in class tries to discuss music with me, they bring up Wolfmother. WHAT THE FUCK?

oh wtf harrisonburg , va?? I'm gonna have to check those guys out for that alone. plus these reviews seem to make them out as unruly.

Tool is the only thing touching my ween so far. Kayo Dot and Dissection are good enough to own, but not for plastic humpage.

ME WANT HAMMERS AND NEUROSIS.

AsModEe said:
seriously, Tool sucks, I don't understand why people on this board suck their penis so much
Yeah, you're right. I thought I they were my favorite band since 1993 but it's true, they suck major ass. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm not sure where I would be without someone else's ears to guide me. Smooches.

jimbobhickville said:
I think so far I have:

Zaar - Zaar

Excellent ! I just learned that they are French. Very good album on first listen.

Tool + Boris + Kayo Dot + Drudkh + Jesu = Awesome

Looking forward to getting my hands on new albums from Isis, Converge, Mastodon, Neurosis, Lair of the Minotaur, Hammers of Misfortune and Agalloch.