2008 Forum Awards: member nominations, pt 2 (READ BEFORE POSTING)

zabu of nΩd

Free Insultation
Feb 9, 2007
READ BEFORE POSTING

In the interest of moving this shit along, I'm going to go ahead and start accepting member nominations for the most recent canon of categories from my previous thread, as everyone who has worthwhile input seems to have already had their say. I think we have a pretty solid set of categories here, so hopefully any remaining complaints among the peanut gallery are just outliers.

As with cookie's thread, PM me up to two nominees for each of the following categories:

* Nicest
* Most Bizarre
* Most Dedicated to Metal
* Best Female Poster
* Best Taste in Music
* Best Music Project
* Post of the Year

RULE #1:
IF YOU POST NOMINEES IN THIS THREAD, I WILL DISCARD ALL YOUR NOMINATIONS

No influencing other people's decisions, guys. That goes for joke nominations as well - those can still have an influence.

RULE #2:
Only GMD regulars are eligible for these awards. That means the music project nominees have to have members who post here at least somewhat consistently. Also, Post of the Year nominations have to be posts that were made within GMD.

RULE #3:
NO SELF-NOMINATIONS. Any of these will be discarded.

And in case anyone is confused by the Post of the Year category, nominations work the same way as with people - just find two posts on the forums which you consider the best and PM their links to me.

My plan is to close these nominations at 10 PM EST on Sunday.

This thread is for general discussion about the awards process. Remember: NO NOMINATIONS IN THE THREAD, joke or otherwise.

edit:
Just so it's clear, you are in fact allowed to vote for yourself in the actual polls when they come up. Of course, it would be more sporting of you to vote for someone other than you if you don't think you're the best nominee for something, but no one can stop you.

Did we have a rule like that before?

I guess it wouldn't hurt to state it, but it would be impossible to enforce. We could make the votes public, but I think there are downsides to that which outweigh having people vote for themselves.

Just allow people to vote for themselves and you won't have to worry about honesty/privacy. That's how it works in actual political elections.

Just allow people to vote for themselves and you won't have to worry about honesty/privacy. That's how it works in actual political elections.

Well yeah, that was the plan. I don't think I need to specifically instruct people that they can vote for themselves.

You know, for all the bitching you people did about the lack of categories, you sure shit the bed when you came up with these. How unoriginal and boring.

It's easy to throw stones when you didn't actually make any contributions yourself, isn't it?

Well yeah, that was the plan. I don't think I need to specifically instruct people that they can vote for themselves.

Well that issue became a clusterfuck last time we did this because the original rule was that you couldn't vote for yourselves. I'm just making sure we can avoid all that this time around.

Eat a cock bengals fan.

edit: Nice ninja edit.

Hey, everyone else thinks it's fine and dandy to randomly rip on me for no reason, but yet when I do it, I'm a whiner and just doing it to stir shit up.

If you people can't see how retarded those categories are, then that's not my problem. Especially considering the lot of you were the ones bitching about the ones CC came up with, which were a lot better really, but boring nonetheless.

Eat a cock bengals fan.

edit: Nice ninja edit.

Hey, everyone else thinks it's fine and dandy to randomly rip on me for no reason, but yet when I do it, I'm a whiner and just doing it to stir shit up.

If you people can't see how retarded those categories are, then that's not my problem. Especially considering the lot of you were the ones bitching about the ones CC came up with, which were a lot better really, but boring nonetheless.

Reported for trolling.