2008 Presidential Candidates

It's impossible to care a year in advance unless you're retarded or un the race, which is also retarded.

250,000 dollar houses here go for 5 million in NYC.
That's a little overdramatic.. 1 million perhaps but definetly not 5 million.

So you're saying that someone living in NY couldn't live on $25K?
By themselves, barely. With roomates perhaps. Remember average rent is about $1,000. So that is almost half of the $25k. And we didn't take account how much said person takes home after taxes. So it wouldn't really be $25K. I would guess more like $20K after taxes give or take.

I have nothing against helping the poor people, but it shouldn't be with government dollars.
We'll considering that government is FOR the people in one sense I would say it should be with government dollars.

Private organizations. Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc.
private organizations, non profits, charities etc. do not get nearly enough funds from all sources to help all poor people. Might be because the rich do not donate as much as they should. :rolleyes:

That wasn't the original intention of the government. It's your job to take care of yourself, not the government.
Nope it's not, they can try but when circumstances in one's life or one's country doesn't allow it then the government should step in and take care of the unfortunate. Technically the government(s) imo work for the people not the other way around. Like I said you do not know what poverty is like to fully appreciate it. It is easy to say what you are saying but unless you have lived it then you have no clue. And hearing stories from your father or other sources is not the same thing.

they are full of fruit lol besides Nec and Ozz were addressing me and i replied... so you might want to take it up with them instead... btw me a Packers fan.. especially when they make me money when i bet the pointspread on them.. :)

That's a little overdramatic.. 1 million perhaps but definetly not 5 million.

By themselves, barely. With roomates perhaps. Remember average rent is about $1,000. So that is almost half of the $25k. And we didn't take account how much said person takes home after taxes. So it wouldn't really be $25K. I would guess more like $20K after taxes give or take.

We'll considering that government is FOR the people in one sense I would say it should be with government dollars.

private organizations, non profits, charities etc. do not get nearly enough funds from all sources to help all poor people. Might be because the rich do not donate as much as they should. :rolleyes:

Nope it's not, they can try but when circumstances in one's life or one's country doesn't allow it then the government should step in and take care of the unfortunate. Technically the government(s) imo work for the people not the other way around. Like I said you do not know what poverty is like to fully appreciate it. It is easy to say what you are saying but unless you have lived it then you have no clue. And hearing stories from your father or other sources is not the same thing.

The government's true intention was to do nothing but protect the inalienable rights we all have through police, fire, etc. Enforce contracts and such through the judicial system, etc.

The government is not supposed to provide you with a pension when you retire.

I'm done with this argument. It's not going anywhere.

The government is there to help people. Could you imagine the government sitting there and telling people they should be trying harder (or other such arguments against the unemployed) during the Depression? iirc, Social Security was devised at that time, because there was no way in hell people would have been able to take care of themselves after retiring, due to the Depression. It just kind of stuck.

The government is there to help people. Could you imagine the government sitting there and telling people they should be trying harder (or other such arguments against the unemployed) during the Depression? iirc, Social Security was devised at that time, because there was no way in hell people would have been able to take care of themselves after retiring, due to the Depression. It just kind of stuck.
You are right

The government's true intention was to do nothing but protect the inalienable rights we all have through police, fire, etc. Enforce contracts and such through the judicial system, etc.

The government is not supposed to provide you with a pension when you retire.

I'm done with this argument. It's not going anywhere.
That is your interpretation... how you wish it to be... but fortunately we live in a country with many views and thank god (not literally) in which government evolves and not 1 persons' vision of how it should be is followed like a dictator who only cares about his/her wealth along with his/her's allies wealth and damn the regular folk... if we did not have a government which tried to take care of it's citizens we would be like a 3rd world country with only rich and poor because it would be obvious in such a country the rich would just get richer and the poor poorer (though since Bush has been in office it seems to be developing that way) ... even though I do not consider it a 3rd world country Mexico would be a good example imo of rich/poor where the government does not take care of its poor citizens as is other countries other people can name...