2008 Presidential Candidates

Lemmy from Motorhead:

Classic Rock Revisited: Last one: You have come to America from England and you make your residence here. That gives you and a different view on things. I am wondering what you think of the upcoming Presidential election.

Lemmy: I better not give you my opinion on that because I would be arrested tomorrow. I think what you think; the man is a disaster. There is no one to replace him. The best bet is... I don't think there is a best bet. I think Americans are too trusting. You trusted Bush to do a good job and then he didn't do it. I don't think a lot of people want to admit they were wrong. America is ruled by extremes. You are either extremely violent or extremely open or extremely religious. It is never about just getting along with everybody. America has always been very assertive of itself because everyone is coming here from everywhere else. Now it is the most powerful nation in the world. It only takes one guy to misdirect that power. For you to go into Iraq is like going to Vietnam. Two thousand kids ain't coming home no more because Bush wanted the oil. Now he has the oil and gas prices went up. The prices are just getting jacked up while he is in office. I am sure he is getting plenty of money from that oil. I think all politicians are assholes. I remember back in 1966 when Harold Wilson got elected in England. I went to see him speak at the public square in Manchester. I remember thinking, "What a fucking liar." I noticed that there was nobody to vote for; there was only a guy to vote against. When you have to pick the lesser of two evils then that is not a good thing. You need to have someone you can believe and have someone who will vindicate that belief. Kennedy was the last good President. Looking back on it now, Clinton wasn't so bad. He is looking pretty good now. We all bitched when he was in there but we don't have room to bitch now.

Classic Rock Revisited: My biggest disappointment with Bill is that he could have got a lot better-looking chick than Monica Lewinsky.

Lemmy: Exactly, Kennedy was fucking Marilyn Monroe. I rest my case.

Ron Paul won't go independent. I think his main goal this year was to get television time so people could get his viewpoint and see that he isn't full of shit like most of the other candidates. That he's honest, fair and has some integrity. That might help him in the next election (if he runs again).

And thus take away McCain's votes and let Hillary win.

That's why I hate third party candidates.

Why are you automatically assuming Hillary is going to win the nomination?

I'm not assuming, I'm just giving an example of how large numbers of people voting for a third party candidate can favor the candidate of the opposite political platform, vote-wise.

Ron Paul won't go independent. I think his main goal this year was to get television time so people could get his viewpoint and see that he isn't full of shit like most of the other candidates. That he's honest, fair and has some integrity. That might help him in the next election (if he runs again).
:lol::lol::lol::lol: You are talking about a man who wants to get rid of the national currency and have different competing currencies. HE IS INSANE!

Yeah, that happened in '92 with Perot. My dad is still pissed off about that.
Ross Perot is one of my heroes.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: You are talking about a man who wants to get rid of the national currency and have different competing currencies. HE IS INSANE!

But at least he doesn't deviate from his position and act like a snake oil salesman unlike Romney and others. He's completely honest.

Of course I don't agree with some of his policies, but he has integrity.

You people seriously need to take a course on third party candidates.

Nader DID NOT COST THE DEMOCRATS THE ELECTION. I repeat, Nader DID NOT COST THE DEMOCRATS THE ELECTION. If you look back at the results, Republicans voted for Nader as much as Democrats did. In other words, he drew votes from votes candidates, the difference between the two being essentially negligible. Third party candidates are extremely important in the political climate here, especially in times of duress. Although they never win (though the Republican party was a third party), their ideas get adopted into the mainstream parties once they take hold of a noteworthy portion of the country. Even Ron Paul this past year has seen many candidates begin to lean more into his direction. Of course he's not going to win, but he has had a notable impact on this campaign. And although Howard Dean was not an independent, he ran like one, and I don't think I have to explain the tremendous impact he has had in reshaping the way campaigns function.

I'm so happy this will be the first election I get to vote in (I turn 18 next October) and will vote Democrat no matter who's the cadidate (excpet maybe if Obama decides to go to another party, but chances are if he doesn't get the democratic vote he'll be the VP). I'm really praying to cast my vote for Obama.