2008 Presidential Candidates

Atleast McCain doesn't agree with torture policies and secret prisons, unlike Romney, who said they should triple the size of Guantanamo Bay.

I think the election process would be so much cheaper and easier if we just shoved them all in an arena and pitted them against hungry lions.

Who ever wins, we lose. This country deserves what its going to get.
If its Hitlary vs McCain im going with Hitlary. McCain is not a republican.
I dont understand why someone would like Obama, is it just because he can speak well?

you know this how? And what has he done? He's been a senator for how long... and he's been on the road campaigning the whole time.

Actually I hope he does win, then we'll see a brand new shit'ness of the USA

I dont understand why someone would like Obama, is it just because he can speak well?

I like Obama because he's not in the pocket of lobbyists, unlike Hillary.

Also, McCain is the best candidate on the Republican side at this point.

Also, please don't use th whole 'experience' bullshit, many congresspeople and senators have 'experience', and most of them haven't don anything remotely worthwhile - and some of them are downright nasty.

Example: Cheney; a whole boat-load of experience, and not one redeeming quality.

Obama was an attorney for a slumlord, fyi

And he allegedly didn't vote on controversial issues in the senate.

It would be great if Obama could run with Hilary as her VP. That would bring 16+ years of Democratic domination.

Ah, of course...the old "we're all doomed, all candidates suck" argument. Get over it. People who say this usually just do not know enough to bother with voting or caring at all. Get educated and stop being such a generic country boy with no brains (forgive me if I'm wrong, but you hardly ever make intelligent, thought-provoking posts or contribute to anything positively).

Why? Do you understand how to make logical decisions/arguments at all? Why does McCain "not being a republican" (allegedly, of course, since he...you know, is) causally relate to you voting/supporting for a woman you apparently completely hate?

Because he is a smart, rational individual who understands what it takes to lead an extremely large group of people incl. a lot of great policies (I don't particularly agree with his potential implementation of universal healthcare, but that's my conservative side speaking for the moment), so far a good bout of political honesty (relatively speaking, compared to all the other blowhards and, as Ozzman said, lobbyist handjobbers) and the always good lack of extreme, widespread-decision-fucking faith he holds (or doesn't hold :p).

Because you are a smart, well-informed person who comprehends rationality and voting based on key issues and not voting based on stupid reasons such as spite, race, sex, etc.