2010 MUSIC

The two albums I've listened to the most this year are the new Red Sparowes and Triptykon. The new Swans/Gira demo, High on Fire, and Deftones are also up there.

hmmmmm...not sorted:
trent reznor and the other guy - the social network soundtrack
fear factory - mechanize
deftones - diamond eyes
october tide - a thin shell
pt - anesthesize

thats pretty much it for me - not very metallish...
the 2. and 3 i can only appreciate because i liked those bands 10 years ago in my youth, i think. :p

although i liked the first in mourning album and love the new october tide, i kind of disliked the new in morning album :/
i havent heared the new agalloch yet though.

all in all there have been better years

Shit year for music.

Yea, I agree completely with this (and we even like entirely different music). Honestly, Katatonia was the last cd I bought that really impressed me and had tons of replay value. Everything I was looking forward to this year either turned out to be shit or got delayed until next year. As of right now, I am holding the most hope in 2011 for Within Temptation, The Panic Division, A Perfect Circle (or Tool...I'd be happy with either) and the new Bush.

Here are my fave albums of the year,

Deftones-Diamond Eyes
Birds of Tokyo-Birds of Tokyo
Underoath-Disambiguation
Massive Attack-Heligoland
October Tide-A Thin Shell

That's all for me. These are the albums I enjoyed listening, none of them really impressed me that much though... So it was indeed a shitty year for music.

The best albums so far in no particular order is:

Deathspell Omega - Paracletus
Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit
Oceansize - Self Preserved While the Bodies Float Up
Red Sparowes - The Fear Is bla bla bla long pretentious title
The Swans - My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky
Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini

Ghost - Opus Eponymous
Deftones - Diamond Eyes
and
Black Mountain - Wilderness Heart

Those three cought my attention this year. Tho I have to say most of 2010 was all about discovering and re-discovering stuff released since looong.

I really enjoyed the new Enslaved and the new Agalloch.

I definitely agree with L0bster, however. A lot of my favorite music this past year was stuff that I rediscovered after forgetting about for quite a while.