2010 MUSIC

Lacrimas Profundere's last one is not bad. It hasn't got some brilliant new ideas but some heavy riffage for a gothic rock band and some cheesy but catchy choruses. If anybody's interested in hearing some decent gothic rock...

Killer albums --> Immolation, Overkill, Nevermore, Anathema, The Foreshadowing. Already better than all of last year ;)

Better because of those bands? Rofl. Better period? Maybe. Likely to be better by the end of the year? Almost definitely.

I thought last year was amazing for metal. I can't remember the releases but I made a list somewhere, and everything from Katatonia to Gorgoroth's album was jaw-dropping. Insomnium. Korpiklaani had the album of their lives too. Lots of good stuff. Already some great material this year with Barren Earth, Black Sun Aeon and Rotting Christ. We'll have to see whether it can match last year's treasure trove though.

Last year only had Katatonia, Immortal, Paradise Lost, Tribulation, Amorphis and Ghost Brigade over the whole year that really ruled so I'm expecting this one to top it since it's already even :p

For me the fantastic stuff from last year was by Katatonia, Alice in Chains, Mew, Cobalt, Ruins of Beverast, Blut Aus Nord and Stabat Mater. All killed.

Riverside, Isis, Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson, Swallow the Sun, Pelican, Sunn O))). 2009 was a pretty great year for music, but 2010 is very good so far.

Looking forward to Demians' Mute, new Oceansize, hopefully new Novembre.

2008 (In Mourning, Bloodbath, Coldplay, Daylight Dies, Textures) and 2009 (Necrophobic, Tribulation, Ghost Brigade, Unanimated, Paradise Lost...) were both great, 2010 for me so far has not brought a lot, but there's still some stuff to come.

Last year only had Katatonia, Immortal, Paradise Lost, Tribulation, Amorphis and Ghost Brigade over the whole year that really ruled so I'm expecting this one to top it since it's already even :p

Meh, it was Mono, Stabat Mater, Teitanblood, Beherit, Revelation, Gungfly, and Blut Aus Nord mostly for me. This year has Alcest which is better than like...any 3 of those albums alone.

Also heard so far: Ares Kingdom, Balmorhea, Burzum, Divine Eve, Eluvium, Hooded Menace, Les Discrets, Negura Bunget, Triptykon, Twilight, and Ufomammut, but nothing from there has really owned me yet (i.e. omg definite top 5 by end of year, eod). 2010 will look better when I give the mentioned albums more listens and when some of the big names deliver again like Agalloch, Ulver, or Radiohead.

My highlights this year so far are: Encoffination, Ares Kingdom, Children Of Technology, Hour Of 13.

Mostly just listening to older records...

Last year was a great year for Isis, and katatonia. But it also had some downers like Slayer, Megadeth, and Lacuna Coil.

I listened to it yesterday, but it's just a noise track to go with a crappy Japanese film.

Cover of the new Maiden album:

ironmaidenfinalfrontier.jpg

Cover of the first single "El Dorado":

ironmaideneldorado.jpg

Don't like that album cover much, single cover's pretty cool.