2010 MUSIC

Dunno if it was the old singer or not, only listened to the song you just recommended, and "Icarus Lives." Sounded like a generic "core" vocalist to me. Not my style.

What songs did you hear? I heard "No Way", and didn't care for it. "Gone" from the EP gives me hope though.

Dunno if it was the old singer or not, only listened to the song you just recommended, and "Icarus Lives." Sounded like a generic "core" vocalist to me. Not my style.

What songs did you hear? I heard "No Way", and didn't care for it. "Gone" from the EP gives me hope though.

i haven't found any of the album tracks on youtube except Icarus lives since it has a video. so not sure what you heard but could have been one of the old demos. i don no. if you can get you hands on any of the tracks from the album give "Jetpacks was yes!" and "Ow My Feelings" a listen. they got dat groove down pat.

i heard the first few tracks a while back when they streamed road salt on some website. nothing really caught me. ep was a pretty big disappointment as well. just really underwhelmed. i liked scarsick but this just isn't clicking for me.

Hate to say it, but Road Salt Uno much like Scarsick ain't my bag. Easily the biggest disappointment so far this year, and it's been a bad year for music for me. :(

can't wait for this:

with Vesa (ex-Sentenced) and the singer sounds kinda like Marco from The Wounded

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you guys like the new Anathema?
Their songs has become so repetetive. They have like one riff per song that they repeate for 5 mins in different notes.
Like Everything.. after 1 minute im totally bored.

I hate growing apart from this band. :(

Hmm....Sanctuary back to record a new album...should be interesting. Sometimes I prefer 'Into The Mirror Black' to any of the Nevermore albums.

Hate to say it, but Road Salt Uno much like Scarsick ain't my bag. Easily the biggest disappointment so far this year, and it's been a bad year for music for me. :(

I agree. Pretty disappointing. WTF Daniel Gildenlow? You're so talented and can do so much better than this. Remember Be? Remember the Perfect Element pt 1? Where did that brilliance go?

This album isn't terrible, but it's so mediocre.

you could say katatonia are repetitive, too. It's all subjective man. You just don't like it. I happen to think the album is absolutely beautiful.

Of course its subjective to some extent. But If a person says the music on NITND is repetetive and monotonous then there is something wrong with his ears.

If we are going to compare them...
First of all, Katas main riffs are longer with many twists and off notes, they have lots of small bridges in each song and change rythm here and there.

Thin Air is good, but Its still pretty boring in the long run.
Track 2 3 and 4 on We're Here Cause We're Here each contains of one main riff thats on from start to finish, there are really no intros, no bridges, no tempo or rythm-changes. They add some solos but the base mainly remain the same from start to finish.
The last 4 tracks are more diverse, but the material isnt really that good imo and by that time I have either fallen asleep or changed to the demo version Angels Walk Among Us (that also is kind of repetetive, but that amazing melody I could listen to forever, so its forgiven) that they somehow managed to fuck up on the album.

Im not saying the album sucks.
I would also give it 2/5, i think. I guess I expected more.

New Nevermore is a totally bland record. Holy shit, only 2,5 and 8 are decent songs imo, the rest goes from blowing dick to sucking total ass. This is sad, they are one of my favorite bands ;(

New Anathema is kinda cute but it's not really Anathema anymore to me, the feeling is lost. Didin't really like it.

Triptykon and Twilight released two fucking monster albums, on the other hand, and I'm yet to hear the new Woven Hand.