2010 MUSIC

can't wait or that one!

it's been 7 long years since a natural disaster...

danny played me summernight horizon, the demo version of the new track and it really sounded kickass! very upbeat, strong riff, like porcupine tree on adrenaline rush :saint:

Actually, I preferred the title that AnathemA had chosen before - Horizons - and I don't even like the cover so much, but as I should've mentioned somewhere in this thread, I'm confident it's gonna be a great album.
''Angels walk among us'' they were already used to play live, is one of my fave songs. I hope with Ville from H.I.M. sounds great the same.

I read that ''We're here because we're here'' it's inspired by a song that soldiers sung on the battlefront.

WHBWH ---> looks like NWOBHM :p

Haven't heard that new song yet and I'm not sure I wanna do it. I prefer waiting 'till the end of may and get the whole album like this. I'm old style and have been waitin' for such a long time for this new record that I wanna have that old feeling of goin' to a shop near me and get the cd there, then playin' it while I'm coming home or right here at home. Just had a look at their gallery and the pictures are beautiful. Hope they'll accompany the booklet.

Actually, I preferred the title that AnathemA had chosen before - Horizons

Same here. Or Angels Walk Among Us, which also was an alternative. Both are better than We’re Here Because We’re Here’, it is a bit pretentious as a title imo.

There are like 4-5 demo-songs available thats ended up on the album, released a long time ago on their forum/site.
Right now I regret listening to them so much but back then I thought they would have new material by the time for the albumrecording.
Hopefully they are updated with new parts and twists.

Back then they also talked about doing a "2cd album", if I recall correct.

These bands should be checked out. First is probably the most well known one. Brilliant vocalist..especially if you hear the whole song. To keep on thread subject the Navigators album is from march 2010. The rest is pre 2010, but very much worth checking out.

Ricochets - Song: The Ghost Of Our Love. You can't get ahold of this album anymore..but people are working on getting it back..it's one hell of an album.

Navigators - http://www.myspace.com/navigatorsnorway Song: Wall Of Stone (same vocalist as Ricochets) (This is what is left of Ricochets today, not as edgy as Ricochets..but a grower if you get over the country sounding songs in the beginning of the album)

My Midnight Creeps Song: Don't let'em bring you down (not the same vocalist as Ricochets;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm telling ya new Deftones is da sex!!! I'll write my full review here once I put my hands upon the real thing...

Again, I like the tracks: Diamond Eyes, You've Seen the Butcher, Rocket Skates (remix), and Risk. The rest didn't make much of an impression on me. I'd say it's pretty even keel with most their work.

Edit: Forgot about 967-Evil, it's a good one too.

Again, I like the tracks: Diamond Eyes, You've Seen the Butcher, Rocket Skates (remix), and Risk. The rest didn't make much of an impression on me. I'd say it's pretty even keel with most their work.

I can easily add Beauty School and Prince to the list also 976-Evil is good. CMNDCTRL is not so incredible but an evil song! That makes 8 solid songs for me so it's easily a good one for me...