2010 MUSIC

New Anathema is kinda cute but it's not really Anathema anymore to me, the feeling is lost. Didin't really like it.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Anathema has always been the core of my emotional connection to music. They are my favorite band. This new album sounds like a over produced Christian worship album, to say the least. Some songs are okay, but the Anathema I have loved, cried to, grew up with, related to, is gone and forever locked away. Which is fine, to a degree. As nice as it would have been to have new music that I loved, Judgment, A Fine Day to Exit, Alternative 4, etc. will forever satiate my love for them. The new album may slowly grow on me, but it will never, ever be the Anathema I can lose myself to.

Oh, and I do have to say, the second I heard that Lee joined the band full time, all hope for this being a decent album was out the fucking window. I love most of her work in the past with the band, but she has no place vomiting all over their music full time.

New track from How to Destroy Angels. they did a video for it and everything. i am liking this even more then the previous track.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWbfgGDl6XE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

check it out.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Anathema has always been the core of my emotional connection to music. They are my favorite band. This new album sounds like a over produced Christian worship album, to say the least. Some songs are okay, but the Anathema I have loved, cried to, grew up with, related to, is gone and forever locked away. Which is fine, to a degree. As nice as it would have been to have new music that I loved, Judgment, A Fine Day to Exit, Alternative 4, etc. will forever satiate my love for them. The new album may slowly grow on me, but it will never, ever be the Anathema I can lose myself to.

Oh, and I do have to say, the second I heard that Lee joined the band full time, all hope for this being a decent album was out the fucking window. I love most of her work in the past with the band, but she has no place vomiting all over their music full time.

The essence of the band got screwed. I know it's going to sound chauvinistic as fuck, but it seems to me that the folks in the band just turned into boring naiive "pEaCe anD lOvE" people. I'm not saying that you should only preach negative things in music, hell no! but this new Anathema sounds like a forced cute album that fails to connect with me in every way.

New Anathema is brilliant and the lyrics are profound, intelligent, and thought provoking. BTW, Anathema are far more into Buddhism & Hinduism (for the people referring to the album as 'christian' sounding).

New Anathema is not bad, not great either. All songs are kinda repetitive, so far I seem to like it better than A Natural Disaster at least. Let's see how it will develop.

No real killer albums yet this year, but the new Audrey Horne is really good and so is the new (as yet unreleased) Detonation album "Reprisal". The highlight this year for me has been Customs debut album "Enter the Characters", but it was released in 2009.

No real killer albums yet this year,

Oh, i beg to differ..
Ihsahn, In mourning, barren earth, Khoma (although i have yet to buy it.. just listened on spotify so far :) ), deftones..
new anathema hasnt arrived here yet, but i cant imagine anything but love to it.
but, like you, the best is from last year... Tall poppy syndrome by leprous.. still awsesome and deserves all promotion it can get :)

^Idk, Obsidian Conspiracy just feels so uninspired, not matter how much I try, it does very little for me, especially when I compare it to TGE or basically any other Nevermore album. The new Anathema is better I think, but still really disappointing.

Oh, i beg to differ..
Ihsahn, In mourning, barren earth, Khoma (although i have yet to buy it.. just listened on spotify so far :) ), deftones..
new anathema hasnt arrived here yet, but i cant imagine anything but love to it.
but, like you, the best is from last year... Tall poppy syndrome by leprous.. still awsesome and deserves all promotion it can get :)
I don't really care for Ihsahn, Barren Earth, Khoma, Deftones... The new In Mourning is pretty good, I enjoy it, but it doesn't have the impact that the debut had, but it's not even fair to expect that, considering the insane amount of spins I gave that album.

I'm still planning to check out Leprous :)