2010 MUSIC

Were you not amazed by Shining IV?
I had heard a bit of Shining before Halmstad, but that album convinced me, pure (twisted) genius! Klagopsalmer was also really great (though it could not top Halmstad), so I'm really looking forward to the next album.

I listened to some of the stuff before Halmstad, but it can't touch Halmstad i.m.h.o.

Well it's probably cos I got into Shining with the fourth album, but I think that's one of the greatest albums ever made. V and VI sound to me like they're trying too hard in some ways... IV is a little more subtle and contrary to the other albums, it doesn't have filler material. I love every second of it, which doesn't happen to me very often.
IMO of course :)

Here is what I'm hoping for in 2010....some have been confirmed others have not.

Anathema.
Slumber.
Dark Tranquillity.
Daylight Dies.
Thuriaz
Vintersorg
Souldrainer
Borknagar.
Miseration.
Solution 45.
Torchbearer

Here is what I am hoping for and could happend in 2010
Ikuinen Kaamos.
Rapture.
Type O Negative.
Saturnus:worship:
Before The Dawn.
Avec Tristesse.
Draconian.

I really need to find more modern bands that make me happy. Alcest in January will be cool but damn I feel like I have nothing really great to look forward until I hear from Opeth/Tool/DsO. Some bands just take too damn long to write too, I mean I don't know if they are but if Esoteric want to write a monster it'll take em like 3 more years from now.

EDIT: Esoteric is actually writing! My life = better now.

Do you know anything about Saturnus?
I was shocked when I heard only Brian and Thomas were left :s I don't know what to expect from any future Saturnus stuff.

Only one new song on youtube....and I've read on Novembers Doom forum that they have written some new songs
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrcyMupfZs4&feature=related[/ame]

Blasphemophagher, Nevermore, Immolation, Bastard Priest, Convulse reissue, Nifelheim, Burzum, Inquisition, Nocturnal Blood, Morbid Angel(Hopefully!), Sigh, Vasaeleth, Repugnant demos lp, Perversor, Macabre, Deceased, Teitanblood, Alcest, Nocturnal Graves, Crucified Mortals and so on...

To me 10,000 days is boring as hell and incredibly poorly written, especially compared with their stellar back catalogue. Actually not so much boring as just plain bad. There's basically 2.5 worthwhile songs on that record. I don't see any way for a new Tool this year, and whenever it comes, and I think it will, I'm certainly not holding my breath anymore. Hopefully they can get it back, I don't know if the problem is maynard doing a thousand other things, so a crappy Tool album is all he can manage to come up with or what. Anyway, I really have no idea what I'm looking forward to in 2010. Agalloch would be nice, though I'm not counting on that either.

from Danny

tracklist

THIN AIR
SUMMERNIGHT HORIZON
DREAMING LIGHT
EVERYTHING
ANGELS WALK AMONG US
PRESENCE
A SIMPLE MISTAKE
THE STORM BEFORE THE CALM
GET OFF, GET OUT
UNIVERSAL
HINDSIGHT

the full length of the album is about 62 minutes. its produced by vincent cavanagh and assisted by me, its recorded by les smith, mark ellis, darryl anthony, jamie and vincent cavanagh

all songs written by danny cavanagh, john douglas and vincent cavanagh

the songs have been upgraded, made better, layered with textures and harmonies, and i am sure when it is mixed and ready to go, its going to do very well. exactly how well it does remains to be seen, but it is WAY above aything we ever did before.

in fact, i think the scene is stale and needs a shake up, and we are the ones to do it.

scheduled for release in april via kscope music. a complete full european tour playing the whole album will be coming to all european territories... at some point in the future there MIGHT be a US tour with porcupine tree, and an EP independently released later in the year.

:)

no steven wilson mixing the album after all, but hope it will sound good whatsoever.