2011 - Hell of a year for live shows in the UK

Bah, I got all excited, I thought you were going to announce PQ shows!

But still, next year's going to be great - seeing Sonata Arctica early next year, possibly Amon Amarth. Very tempted to go to download to see System. Not forgetting PQ! May also go to Iron Maiden with my friend.

... I'm going to have to save up. :p

Blimey, quite right some of these look very tasty! I personally thought 2010 was THE year for albums. With Helloween and Stratovarius touring together, Kamelot announcing, Sabaton doing a big world tour and Blind Guardian in the US things are certainly shaping up nicely for 2011. Long may the good times roll! :headbang:

Aye, the gig calendar for 2011 is looking great already and 2010 has been one of the best years for gigs in my lifetime! I'm pretty sure I've been to more this year than any other so far!

I thought 2010 was a hell of a year for music but 2011 promises to be even better! I can think of loads to mention along with the above. I certainly don't envy critiques choosing album of the year! I'm going to cop out and just make a list of the albums i think everyone should have listened to :D
I'm going to see Sonata Arctica early next year too - i'm really anticipating their next album even though they won't think of making it until late in the year. on a similar note I'm intrigued to see where Nightwish go on their new album... not to mention Blood Alliance.
Seriously 2011 is like Power Metal heaven - just off the top of my head:
Symfonia - Album release and touring
Sonata Arctica - Touring & maybe new album
Nightwish - New album & touring
Power Quest - New album & touring
Symphony X - New album & touring
Dream Theater - New album & touring (but without MP :()
Circus Maximus - New album & touring
Pagan's Mind - New album & touring

Very much looking forward to catching a lot of these bands next year! There's also going to be a lot of interesting releases too so it seems

I may not live in the UK, but... Avantasia DVD, possibly Sonata Arctica DVD (since it's being shot in February), new Symfonia, Stratovarius, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Power Quest, Nightwish, Rhapsody... and even meh Dragonforce, among plenty of other surprises I'm sure. 2011 is going to be great!