2013: CONSTRUCT

They've been shipping early all over the place. I haven't heard from CMDistro just yet, but I've got Black and White Vinyl coming from Nuclear Blast in Germany that just shipped out.

I've also seen a few people who have already received theirs, one in Australia in this thread and the other in Germany (from the bands FB page).

Yeah, I ordered from CMDistro. I've ordered many times from them, and I've always been a satisfied customer.

@ stizzleomnibus: By the way, I'd love to see a pic of your black and white vinyl when you get it :kickass:

I got my copy today in person from Utopia Records in Sydney, Australia.
They have the US import, digipak with 2 bonus tracks and that brutally horrible alien cover.
is it's tracklist as follows?
CD 1
1. For Broken Words
2. The Science Of Noise
3. Uniformity
4. The Silence In Between
5. Apathetic
6. What Only You Know
7. Endtime Hearts
8. State Of Trust
9. Weight Of The End
10. None Becoming
11. Immemorial
12. Phantom Dreams

CD 2 (Bonus CMDistro ONLY)
1. The Treason Wall
2. The New Build
3. Focus Shift
4. The Lesser Faith
5. The Wonders At Your Feet
6. Lost To Apathy
7. Misery's Crown
8. ThereIn
9. My Negation
10. The Mundane And The Magic
11. Final Resistance
12. Terminus
13. Dream Oblivion
14. Iridium
could you please take a pic of the back cover? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I ordered from CMDistro. I've ordered many times from them, and I've always been a satisfied customer.

@ stizzleomnibus: By the way, I'd love to see a pic of your black and white vinyl when you get it :kickass:

I typed that as ambiguously as humanly possible. It's not a black and white vinyl (though that would be sick as hell), it's a black vinyl + 7" and a second copy of the album in the form of a white vinyl + 7". Also the red vinyl from CMDistro.

Anyone already got the vinyl? If someone gets it in the next few days pls tell us how the sound on this version is. I´m not really sure whether to buy the CD or LP. If the sound of the LP is an noticable improvement over the CD I´ll buy it.

This is a great album for DT. Nice to see them keep changing their sound, this album is poppy :)

This album has for me has the feeling of Projector, in that this album will spawn an entirely different sound for DT, and man will we have some amazing years to look forward to. I can't wait :)

Corrected. And yes, the tracks are different (depending on the CD version) and the LP cover is much, much cooler to be honest; I don't like the CD one, actually. I'll probably buy 2 different LP versions.

There are so many albums I want to buy :D Getting the money for all of that will be a difficult task anyway :(

Regarding the cover....I also prefer the LP one by a long shot.

This is the hard time for me.
I grew up with The Mind’s I since I fell in love with this album around 1998 as my DT’s first album.
The Mind’s I, The Gallery, Projector and Haven become my life’s soundtrack. How I met my first girl, how I broke with her (she married with her parent’s choice…I got eliminated haha…). And how I found my truly lifemate and how my career at works…that is the Damage Done – Fiction era.
It was really my emotional experience with those DT’s albums.

One point as my highlight from Construct is I lost the old feelings, I can’t find the emotion relationship with (old) DT even I try many times to explore it, but still……I don’t find it yet.
I only recognized the Mikael’s vocal…the music itself already changed. If someone show me one of the Construct’s song (exception for The Science of Noise and Apathetic) I don’t know if it’s DT who played on that song (from this point I think I don’t know much about DT…actually).

But, let’s talk about the Construct album (do not connected to other DT’s albums).
I admit that this new album successfully spread out DT worldwide, from album reviews and from FB page DT got so many positive responses. Yes…Construct offered us something catchy and sweet music, songs are acceptable at the first listen, the sad scene packaged in different form (I think I’m wrong…but any sad ambient here in Construct remind me of Anathema’s unique template a lot). Something new, something fresh and something enjoyable for sure.
DT deserves get the high rank for the Construct and (I think) Construct is…just the Beginning.
Congrats to DT.

And for me…as my personal emotional experience written above, Construct really modified many structure but still keep using the existing foundation which is Melodic Death Metal. It’s the anti-climax for me, I really lost the soul. From this, I ensure myself that The Mind’s I will be my most favorite album all the time.

Although I refuse Construct, I shall have the CD…in five or ten years later this album will be an epic album, same with my Projector’s digipak :)

-And now, my excitement will be for the new Canadian’s Necronomicon (Rise of the Elder Ones) and Deeds of Flesh (Portals to Canaan).-

Just got my grey Construct LP + 7".

It's beautiful :kickass:.

I WANT PICTUUUUREEES PLEAAASEEE!!!

---

Currently my favourite track of the new album is State of Trust. Thanks so much for this, Martin B. I love the simplicity of the riffs, and the way the drums (much less-prog than the rest of the album) kick in with Mikael's clear vocals. I was absolutely, nay, I still am completely flabbergasted at such a brilliant song/albu. I also noticed an industrial freebie ;.

I think Construct is DT's most impressive album since Damage Done.

Stanne has never sounded better, both in terms of his growls and his cleans, and the lyrical themes really resonate with me.

The songwriting is exceptional too - it feels very organic and sophisticated. Even though the riffs don't always take center stage, the songs are still crushing and memorable. No more over reliance on simplified, chuggy guitar rhythms and prominent keyboard leads, which were my main issues with Fiction and WATV. Every instrument is as prominent and complex as it needs to be, giving the album a feeling of synergy I haven't experienced in years.

I enjoy every track, but Uniformity, The Silence In Between, Endtime Hearts and State of Trust are the standouts for me.

I WANT PICTUUUUREEES PLEAAASEEE!!!

The grey LP + 7", limited to 300 copies. :kickass:

Here it is:

fHeabRE.jpg