3 fav songs from ATWB

labarum, welcome to the board (or, congrats on de-cloaking).

The "Hide In The Fairytale Rules My Life Above All Others Posse" updated membership list:

President: SeaStorm
Vice-President: I Rock 4 God
Secretary: labarum

:kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang:

I might join... BUT, when I play the cd, every few minutes I have a new favorite song. :loco: I don't think I'll ever make up my mind. :)

After a while being solidly convinced that every single track on AtWB is my favourite, I think these songs would be my 'favourites' if I really had to choose:

1. The Gift Of Music
I was surprised instantly when I heard this song for the first time, but after giving it a dozen listens, oh man.... I don't know if it's the soaring vocals, amazing melodies or the shred-tastic end section, it's a seven minute goosebump ride, every time.

2. I AM
This one has been explained by so many of you that I'm not going to paint this in a lot of detail. I love the deep, touching lyrics and just how the song develops in those eleven fantastic minutes.

3. The Master Storyteller
There could have been multiple songs at this spot, but The Master Storyteller is such a strong and catchy song that is powerful in it's simplicity.

I resist the temptation to change my top 3 now, but I'd be surprised if this album will ever get boring.;)

1. The Gift Of Music
I was surprised instantly when I heard this song for the first time, but after giving it a dozen listens, oh man.... I don't know if it's the soaring vocals, amazing melodies or the shred-tastic end section, it's a seven minute goosebump ride, every time.

AMEN!

I love my metal frantic, but The Gift of Music is simply spectacular!
I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

...I'd be surprised if this album will ever get boring.;)

If I'm only allowed 3, I guess it would be.........

1. I AM
2. The Master Storyteller
3. Drown

But then there are the other awesome songs that should be top 3 material :cry:

I think I'm the only one that isn't completely wow'd by The Gift Of Music. The first time I heard it; awesome. Every time I hear it; awesome. But it's probably my least favorite track on the album. Which isn't saying much though because it's still awesome.

I think I'm the only one that isn't completely wow'd by The Gift Of Music. The first time I heard it; awesome. Every time I hear it; awesome. But it's probably my least favorite track on the album. Which isn't saying much though because it's still awesome.

You're not. When I finally write up my review, it will come in last place. Of course, that doesn't mean it's not great (all the songs are), but it's my least favorite, too.

You know an album is successful and diverse when people can't agree on what its best songs are! :D

1 - Nailed
2 - Altar to the unknown God
3 - I am tied with The Gift of Music

But the whole album its probably the best album of 2011, so every song is amazing.

Hide in the Fairy Tale #1
Altar To the Unknown God #2
As The World Bleeds #3

And if there was a fourth, it would be The Gift of Music.