300, the movie

Celtik Militia

Dumb French Bastard
Aug 12, 2004
Paris
Ok, this has nothing to do with Amon Amarth except perhaps that its so pagan and awsome. :p

There's this movie coming out in march in the US which is called 300. some of you might know about it, its taken from a comic book by the author of Sin City. 300 is based on the fight of Leonidas and his awsome troops of Spartians against the persians. i say this will be the movie of the year 2007.

Here is a link to 2 trailers for the movie. The one on top is the best, it shows that the movie explains the childhood of Leonidas and how he became such a ferocious warrior. http://theatrumbelli.hautetfort.com/film/
enjoy and go watch it when it comes out; we gotta support that kind of movie.

I had to watch the trailer without sound....and it was extremely breathtaking.

I'm definately looking forward to watching it again (this time with sound!).

I am wondering how accurate it will be to the battle at Thermopylae, where 300 Spartans stood tough against thousands of invading Persians..only to have some punk greek kid sell them out and lead the Persians through another pass and attack the Spartans from the rear.

But if it is taken from a comic book..

I do not think it aimes to be accurate. I saw a quote that stated the graphci novel series and presumably the movie is based on " A whole lotta entertainment with a little fact mixed in."

Evil Dead said:
I am wondering how accurate it will be to the battle at Thermopylae, where 300 Spartans stood tough against thousands of invading Persians..only to have some punk greek kid sell them out and lead the Persians through another pass and attack the Spartans from the rear.

But if it is taken from a comic book..

it is not taken from a comic book it is a reall story ig you read history. in greece this is one of the gratest battles of our history!
exaple in the movie a persian said our arrows will cover up the sky then a spartan said nice then we will fight it the sadow.well this is very famous in greece i learnd this when i was 10 years old!!

i hope this movie will be good because troy was fucking horrible. if you have ever read homer you will understand!example paris dies according to homer but of course orlando bloom can't die. in troy greeks were like barbarians!fuck!

altought i also think that 300 will be a good movie.:headbang:
here the greek nasionalists(nazis if you like) really loved the trailer:heh:
i think you understand the reason

Hopefully it will live up to expectations. It's got a rookie director though so it's hard to predict what will happen with it.

And the story they are using for the movie is from the comic book written by Frank Miller. Haven't read it myself but I am sure there is already at least a little bit of historical inaccuracy. It doesn't matter too much to me because Frank Miller is good at telling entertaining stories. So while it won't be totally accurate I hope that it feels more like Gladiator; where you can overlook some inaccuracy and just follow a decent film; and less like Troy, which just sucked.

vagner said:
i hope this movie will be good because troy was fucking horrible. if you have ever read homer you will understand!example paris dies according to homer but of course orlando bloom can't die. in troy greeks were like barbarians!fuck!

altought i also think that 300 will be a good movie.:headbang:
here the greek nasionalists(nazis if you like) really loved the trailer:heh:
i think you understand the reason

they all want to die against modern day Iranians...?