4 More Years!!!!!!

Tut Ankh Amon said:
actually you're not fucked at all
the rest of the world is :p

no we're all fucked because im gonna be the one drafted in order to invade your ass in brazil.

and IMO kerry was 1000000x better than bush. i like kerry, i like what he stands for, i think hes a very logical and intelligent man, and he would have made a great president.....but we are all fucked now.
my predictions for the next 4 years:
-draft
-banning of abortions and same sex marriage
-more failed wars
-economic slump
-more secrecy and privacy invasion
...and so many more. i feel like total shit right now.

i agree with Abrasive-X...abortion is wrong. when somebody gets an abortion, they're killing a human life. no matter how small the fetus is, it's a human from the moment it is conceived. if society looks at murdering grown children and adults as something that is bad, then they should also consider abortion to be bad too, because it's still murder- it's taking the lives of defenseless human beings. they may be unborn and the size of a hamster but they are still humans.

if government can start wars and mass murder millions of people then a family/person can decide whether or not to keep a kid or not. to some people a childs life is death.

look, i'm not saying that people can't decide whether or not they should keep their children. everyone has their own free will and can do whatever the hell they want to do with/in their lives. i'm aware of that. but what ticks me off the most about abortion is that people who do it are looking for an easy way out of the consquences of their own actions, and will do anything to get out of those consquences- even if it means KILLING THEIR OWN CHILD. if you don't want to keep the kid, you don't have to kill it. you can always put it up for adoption.

HalfpintHenkka said:
look, i'm not saying that people can't decide whether or not they should keep their children. everyone has their own free will and can do whatever the hell they want to do with/in their lives. i'm aware of that. but what ticks me off the most about abortion is that people who do it are looking for an easy way out of the consquences of their own actions, and will do anything to get out of those consquences- even if it means KILLING THEIR OWN CHILD. if you don't want to keep the kid, don't kill it. you can always put it up for adoption.

What if you are raped and end up pregnant? What if the prevention you use doesn't work? What if you simply can't take care of the kid, what if having a baby will ruin not only your life, but make the kid's life a misery?
Abortion should most definately be allowed. Why is it better to just toss the kid away, refusing to acknowledge it? How would you feel if you found out you were adopted, that your parents had put you away because they didn't want you?

Good Lord.

You people do not know anything. Most of you that hate Bush and are Americans probably didn't even vote, you just take what your peers/parents/media tell you for granted.

Bush has done wonders for this country. If you think our economy is shitty then you are poorly misinformed due to the left leaning media. Bush cleaned up Clinton's garbage. Clinton left Bush with an economy going into a recession, poorly underfunded intelligence agencies, and much more bullshit.

I think its funny that most of you think you are going to get drafted. Did you even watch the debates, Bush said no draft, volunteer military.I guess you spent your time watching MTV's Rock the Vote? People there isn't going to be a draft. http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/06/draft.ap/

Bush has liberated two terrorists safe havens. Afgahnistan just voted in their first President. We have killed many insurgents and bad men in Iraq. 75% of Al-Qaeda's top officials have been killed or captured. Yes Hussien had ties to terrorism, so don't give me that bull. http://www.husseinandterror.com/
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/06/iraq.wmd.un.vouchers.ap/index.html

What is funny is we have been under attack by these mideastern terrorists since 1979, but we havn't done shit about it untill now.

It was a cool fall day in November 1979 in a country going through a
religious and political upheaval when a group of Iranian students
attacked and seized the American Embassy in Tehran. This seizure was
an outright attack on American soil; it was an attack that held the
world's most powerful country hostage and paralyzed a Presidency. The
attack on this sovereign U. S. embassy set the stage for events to
follow for the next 25 years.

America was still reeling from the aftermath of the Vietnam experience
and had a serious threat from the Soviet Union when then, President
Carter, had to do something. He chose to conduct a clandestine raid in
the desert.
The ill-fated mission ended in ruin, but stood as a symbol of
America's inability to deal with terrorism.

America's military had been decimated and down sized/right sized since
the end of the Vietnam War. A poorly trained, poorly equipped and
poorly organized military was called on to execute a complex mission
that was doomed from the start.
Shortly after the Tehran experience, Americans began to be kidnapped
and killed throughout the Middle East. America could do little to
protect her citizens living and working abroad. The attacks against US
soil continued.

In April of 1983 a large vehicle packed with high explosives was
driven into the US Embassy compound in Beirut. When it explodes, it
kills 63 people. The alarm went off again and America hit the Snooze
Button once more.

Then just six short months later a large truck heavily laden down with
over 2500 pounds of TNT smashed through the main gate of the US Marine
Corps headquarters in Beirut and 241 US servicemen are killed.
America mourned her dead and hit the Snooze Button once more.

Two months later in December 1983, another truck loaded with
explosives is driven into the US Embassy in Kuwait, and America
continues her slumber.

The following year, in September 1984, another van was driven into
the gate of the US Embassy in Beirut and America slept. Soon the
terrorism spreads to Europe. In April 1985 a bomb explodes in a
restaurant frequented by US soldiers in Madrid.

Then in August a Volkswagen loaded with explosives is driven into the
main gate of the US Air Force Base at Rhein-Main, 22 are killed and
the snooze alarm is buzzing louder and louder as US interests are
continually attacked. Fifty-nine days later a cruise ship, the Achille
Lauro is hijacked and we watched as an American in a wheelchair is
singled out of the passenger list and executed. The terrorists then
shift their tactics to bombing civilian airliners when they bomb TWA
Flight 840 in
April of 1986 that killed 4 and the most tragic bombing, Pan Am Flight 103 over
Lockerbie, Scotland in 1988, killing 259.

Clinton treated these terrorist acts as crimes; in fact we are still
trying to bring these people to trial. These are acts of war. The wake
up alarm is getting louder and louder. The terrorists decide to bring
the fight to America.

In January 1993, two CIA agents are shot and killed as they enter CIA
headquarters in Langley, Virginia. The following month, February
1993, a group of terrorists are arrested after a rented van packed
with explosives is driven into the underground parking garage of the
World Trade Center in New York City. Six people are killed and over
1000 are injured. Still this is a crime and not an act of war? The
Snooze alarm
is depressed again.

Then in November 1995 a car bomb explodes at a US military complex in
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia killing seven service men and women. A few
months later in June of 1996, another truck bomb explodes only 35
yards from the US military compound in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. It
destroys the Khobar Towers, a US Air Force barracks, killing 19 and
injuring over 500. The terrorists are getting braver and smarter as
they
see that America does not respond decisively. They move to coordinate
their attacks in a simultaneous attack on two US embassies in Kenya
and Tanzania. These
attacks were planned with precision. They kill 224.

America responds with cruise missile attacks and goes back to sleep.
The USS Cole was docked in the port of Aden, Yemen for refueling on 12
October 2000, when a small craft pulled along side the ship and
exploded killing 17 US Navy Sailors. Attacking a US War Ship is an act
of war, but we sent the FBI to investigate the crime and went back to
sleep.

And of course you know the events of 11 September 2001. Most
Americans think this was the first attack against US soil or in
America. How wrong they are. America has been under a constant attack
since 1979 and we chose to hit the snooze alarm and roll over and go
back to sleep.

In the news lately we have seen lots of finger pointing from every
high officials in government over what they knew and what they didn't
know. But if you've read the papers and paid a little attention I
think you can see exactly what they knew. You don't have to be in the
FBI or CIA or on the National Security Council to see the pattern
that has been developing since 1979.

TheSomberlain said:
What if you are raped and end up pregnant? What if the prevention you use doesn't work? What if you simply can't take care of the kid, what if having a baby will ruin not only your life, but make the kid's life a misery?
Abortion should most definately be allowed. Why is it better to just toss the kid away, refusing to acknowledge it? How would you feel if you found out you were adopted, that your parents had put you away because they didn't want you?

A. obviously there will be situations where things are beyond your control/not your choice. obviously if a woman is raped and she gets pregnant, it's not her fault. however, on the other hand, if she is in a normal situation, as is often the case, then it's not justified that she should kill the consquence of the actions she took willingly while knowing what could happen even with protection. if you're not ready for the responsibilities of a parent, don't tempt fate.

B. at least when you put a child up for adoption, you're giving the child a chance to live their life. and really- the reason why you're here and i'm here and everyone else on this board is here is because they were given that chance. imagine if a good friend of yours had been aborted instead of being allowed to live...or even if you yourself had been aborted?

:OMG: Americans are idiots...how could they vote for bush...for 4 years they made fun of him and everybody was against his ideas and now they went and voted for him................................................shis!!! :erk: :erk: :erk:
bush promised he'll be a uniter not a divider... :ill: soon because of him and other idiots like bush the american"empire"will collapse :yuk:
THIS IS SICK!!!

HalfpintHenkka said:
A. obviously there will be situations where things are beyond your control/not your choice. obviously if a woman is raped and she gets pregnant, it's not her fault. however, on the other hand, if she is in a normal situation, as is often the case, then it's not justified that she should kill the consquence of the actions she took willingly while knowing what could happen even with protection. if you're not ready for the responsibilities of a parent, don't tempt fate.

B. at least when you put a child up for adoption, you're giving the child a chance to live their life. and really- the reason why you're here and i'm here and everyone else on this board is here is because they were given that chance. imagine if a good friend of yours had been aborted instead of being allowed to live...or even if you yourself had been aborted?

A: In other words, do not have sex, as that may, if you're really unlucky, put you in a situation you don't want to be in? I don't find that argument good enough. That's like telling people not to drive cars, cause they may actually run someone over. Everyone who has sex (or at least most of them) are aware that things may go wrong, should they not be allowed to have a security net if things really went bad?

B: Many people live in misery when they find out they've been adopted. Some of them end their lives because of this feeling of rejection. Is a life in misery better than no life at all? I can imagine a lot of my friends being aborted, I would probably never have noticed, as my life would not be anything near what it is today. I could never have missed them if they were never born.

look, maybe you're not reading in between the lines here. i'm NOT saying that people SHOULD NOT have sex and i'm NOT telling people that they MUST do EVERYTHING according to what i say. i'm NOT trying control the way people think and act, i'm JUST SPEAKING MY MIND and i DON'T see what's so wrong about it. everyone has their own life and their own free will, i respect that; i'm just speaking up for what I BELIEVE IN, as are the rest of you around here. last time i checked, it wasn't illegal to speak one's mind. i may not be out of my teens yet and i may not have had to go through this stuff, but that doesn't mean i'm not entitled to believe in something and to stand up for my own beliefs. so don't go putting me down and ragging me out for saying what i've chosen to think and believe.

HalfpintHenkka said:
look, maybe you're not reading in between the lines here. i'm NOT saying that people SHOULD NOT have sex and i'm NOT telling people that they MUST do EVERYTHING according to what i say. i'm NOT trying control the way people think and act, i'm JUST SPEAKING MY MIND and i DON'T see what's so wrong about it. everyone has their own life and their own free will, i respect that; i'm just speaking up for what I BELIEVE IN, as are the rest of you around here. last time i checked, it wasn't illegal to speak one's mind. i may not be out of my teens yet and i may not have had to go through this stuff, but that doesn't mean i'm not entitled to believe in something and to stand up for my own beliefs. so don't go putting me down and ragging me out for saying what i've chosen to think and believe.

I'm not putting you down or ragging you out, and I respect your opinions. But I attack them as well, as is usual when discussing a subject, by putting forth my views of the matter, and finding weaknesses (as I see them) in your arguments.

Most people who support George Bush believe that he has not only made America safer, but that his policies will keep us safe in the future. These are good reasons to vote for a president, since safety is an important concern, especially in this post-9/11 era. But this idea of safety deserves a closer look. What is the real danger? Has Bush reduced the danger? Have his policies helped ensure a safer future? The answer, in each case, is more complicated than you might think.

America has never witnessed a more horrific sight than the collapse of the World Trade Center. Only the most hardened among us were unafraid in the hours and days following the attacks. Death shocks us, whether it be an automobile accident, a house fire, a drive-by shooting, or an airplane crash, and death on a large scale is more than most of us can stand. But the 9/11 attacks, as monumental as they were, should be seen in a broader context. We are, for instance, more likely to die in an automobile accident than by terrorist attack. We are more likely to be struck by lightning than by terrorists. We are more likely to die from heart disease or cancer. Yet none of these scare us the way random violence does. George Bush, fully aware of our fear, has stoked it. A thousand times he and his administration have reminded us of the danger, raising the alert level, leaking unsubstantiated news at opportune times, and using it constantly in his campaign for reelection.

We have not seen a major attack on America since 9/11, so we might conclude that Bush has conquered the terrorists, driven them into hiding. But all the evidence suggests otherwise. Bin Laden is known for waiting for years between major attacks, so it should surprise no one that we have been attack free in this country. Furthermore, Bush is fond of saying that it's better to fight the terrorists "over there" rather than in America, implying that his wars against Afghanistan and Iraq have somehow kept the terrorists at bay. While it's true that the training camps in Afghanistan are now empty, and while it's true that our troops are being attacked regularly in Iraq (dozens of times each day), there is no evidence that terrorism is "on the run." In fact, experts agree that worldwide terrorism has increased; even the Bush administration has now admitted as much, after publishing a misleading document to the contrary.

Finally, our future will be safer if fewer people hate America. And they don't "hate our freedoms" as Bush suggests. They hate our power and influence in the Mideast and our unwavering support for Israel as they bulldoze the Palestinians. So, although George Bush wants you to believe that terrorists will always hate us, changes in our foreign policy have the potential to reduce hatred, and therefore attacks by terrorists.

Even the mightiest military the world has ever seen cannot kill all the terrorists, so a policy with that as a goal -- the George Bush policy -- is doomed to fail. We have already seen the effects. Polls have consistently shown a dramatic and consistent increase in anti-Americanism, in every country but two: Russia and Israel. Most of the world now hates America. And it was not so on September 12, 2001. Then, all the world was with us (with some exceptions). But that goodwill has not only been squandered; it has been turned into hate, primarily through Bush's invasion of Iraq. The irony is astounding: Bush has created terrorists in his attempts to kill them.

The danger Bush stokes is less than he pretends, his claim that he has kept us safer is only a mirage, and his policies will create havoc in the future. If you still choose to be afraid, think about exactly what it is that scares you. For me, it's another four years of George Bush.