80GB MP3 players.

Dec 27, 2004
Are there any MP3 players out now with more then 80GB?

It was a close race between players just a short while ago, as the iPod was overpriced (but very nice) and others where much more 'worth it', but now that iPod is 80GB I dunnnoooo...

uhm...does someone make a CD player that plays them CD-R shitz? Do I live in 1998? Yeah, but I don't want to shell out $300 to listen to some portable tunes.

You say that untill you have an iPod/other mp3 player, then you wouldn't want to go anywhere without your tunes.

All CD's (or most) play CD-R's, Cave-man.

98% of anti-MP3 player folks have never owned one and if they did would come around. Some wouldn't of course.

I saw Sony Discmans for sale for like $26 somewhere recently. That fits the bill much more nicely than $300. I need all the cash I can get for my Cayman.

KILL TULLY said:
98% of anti-MP3 player folks have never owned one and if they did would come around. Some wouldn't of course.
Oh, I would. They're just too goddam expensive.

dorian gray said:
I saw Sony Discmans for sale for like $26 somewhere recently. That fits the bill much more nicely than $300. I need all the cash I can get for my Cayman.

Yes but some would rather spend $300 on an MP3 player to carry their entire music collection in their pocket than some other thing that $300 can get spent on.

KILL TULLY said:
Yes but some would rather spend $300 on an MP3 player to carry their entire music collection in their pocket than some other thing that $300 can get spent on.
In my case, a mortgage, car insurance, groceries, school loans, electric bill, water bill, security system bill, household items, personal care items, baby stuff, you get the idea.

dorian gray said:
In my case, a mortgage, car insurance, groceries, school loans, electric bill, water bill, security system bill, household items, personal care items, baby stuff, you get the idea.

Yea obvioulsy different in your case. I'm just sayin' for other folks though, youngins like myself without all that sorta' stuff going on.

$300 Can be used in more efficient ways. A plane ticket to MN to catch heathen crusade, a nice big haul, or to pay for a speeding ticket. I prefer to listen to music by album, not at 5,000 song shuffle where one minute you're listening to some neo-folk and the next brutal death. Meh

Reign in Acai said:
I prefer to listen to music by album, not at 5,000 song shuffle where one minute you're listening to some neo-folk and the next brutal death. Meh
:lol: :headbang: this is why I read your posts hahaha

Reign in Acai said:
$300 Can be used in more efficient ways. A plane ticket to MN to catch heathen crusade, a nice big haul, or to pay for a speeding ticket. I prefer to listen to music by album, not at 5,000 song shuffle where one minute you're listening to some neo-folk and the next brutal death. Meh

Well if you're not retarded you must realize that MP3 players arn't just shuffle, they are just places to store music. You can obviously listen to albums on it.

I usually listen to only albums, but being able to shift to shuffle and listen to your entire library at random is a great thing and reminds you of some music you love that you may have not listend to in a while, often.

I disagree with the more efficient things you mention, as an MP3 player is a long term thing. Do you have one? Just wondering.

Reign in Acai said:
I don't get it Johnathon. Do you skim through threads and only stop at posters you deem worthy of your attention?!? :confused:
Actually, yeah, sometimes. But what I shoulda said was something like, "this is why I find your posts so amusing" but I'm watching tv at the same time I'm on here and I'm a little distracted