80GB MP3 players.

KILL TULLY said:
Well if you're not retarded you must realize that MP3 players arn't just shuffle, they are just places to store music. You can obviously listen to albums on it.

I usually listen to only albums, but being able to shift to shuffle and listen to your entire library at random is a great thing and reminds you of some music you love that you may have not listend to in a while, often.

I disagree with the more efficient things you mention, as an MP3 player is a long term thing. Do you have one? Just wondering.

Negative I don't have one. Obviously I am aware that you can listen to your albums straight through, I'm not from Tennessee. What I want to know is, what will you be doing for over an hour that requires a device to play multiple albums straight through?!? I can easily commute to work in less time that it would take to listen to one album. A 60 minute album would do just fine for a brisk jog aswell. Are people so fucking lazy they can't take 15 secs of their day to press "eject" and change a cd on their affordable discman? Only pro I see to having an mp3 player is its compact size. Yet such a feature does not warrant a $300 price tag. Especially considering these mechanisms are more fragile than a care crew heart string. If I am to listen to music, I prefer to listen to it with adequate equipment ala a Stereo. All you dobards talk about celebrating ancient times of splendor, yet you can't live one day without your cellphones, ipuds, hair dryers, and game boys.

Hail Vikings!!

Reign in Acai said:
Negative I don't have one. Obviously I am aware that you can listen to your albums straight through, I'm not from Tennessee. What I want to know is, what will you be doing for over an hour that requires a device to play multiple albums straight through?!? I can easily commute to work in less time that it would take to listen to one album. A 60 minute album would do just fine for a brisk jog aswell. Are people so fucking lazy they can't take 15 secs of their day to press "eject" and change a cd on their affordable discman? Only pro I see to having an mp3 player is its compact size. Yet such a feature does not warrant a $300 price tag. Especially considering these mechanisms are more fragile than a care crew heart string. If I am to listen to music, I prefer to listen to it with adequate equipment ala a Stereo. All you dobards talk about celebrating ancient times of splendor, yet you can't live one day without your cellphones, ipuds, hair dryers, and game boys.

Hail Vikings!!
You have to have one to understand just how much they become essential. You have it in your pocket all day. Smoke break - listen to whatever, Lunch - listen, Walking - Listen, Take a shit - Listen, waiting in line - listen, bank - listen, walking down the block, going on the subway, stuck somewhere for a long time, on a plane, bedtime, wake time, beer time, anytime - listen.

It's hard to have a backpack full of 1333 albums with you constantly, so you always have whatever music strikes your fancy for that little snippet of your day that you'll rock your MP3 player.

In the end people come up with many reasons why MP3 players suck, but any music fan will almost CERTAINLY become attached to one if given the opportunity to test drive a good product somehow. It's really that simple.

Also, I don't celebrate ancient times of wonder, hahah.

I share the same reasons as Jerry, except I am from Tennessee. I just can't think of anything I'm doing in a day when I need access to 5,000 songs. Tully has some good situations but he left out a major component of most people over the age of 22 - a full-time job. There's just not much time for most adults to listen to that much music. I don't really know any who own an mp3 player. Even all the runners I know would find them annoying to carry. Seems like they'd be good in a gym, though, but then again, anyone who works out for more than the length of an album is overtraining/doesn't know what they're doing

They really do make it a lot more convenient. Before I bought my iPod, I thought about all the CDs I could get with the money I was spending on that, but I went through with it and haven't regretted it at all.

My 30 gig is filling up. I'm thinking of getting a bigger one soon. I didn't know they had 80's. Maybe I'll go with that, if I can stop buying CDs long enough to save up some money for it.

Enough to have your entire collection and then some with you at all times. Not to mention you can have videos and pictures and shit on there too.

I prefer the new ipod shuffle. in the morning, you put what you fancy on it, clip on your belt, and listen when you feel like. $69 dollars (same price as expensive CD player), 4 or 5 albums, and a little bigger than your thumbnail. People fail to realize that there are mp3 products out there that are cheap, even more portable than a 40000 million gig, and capable of holding a fairly large amount of music compared to your CD player.

I'm thinking of getting one for Christmas, but if I do, it'll have to be at least 80, because I know that I'll be regretting not having a bigger one very soon, as my record collection tends to expand quickly at times. It's a lot easier than carrying around multiple CDs only to suddenly change your mind and want to listen to something else that you didn't bring along with you.

dorian gray said:
Tully has some good situations but he left out a major component of most people over the age of 22 - a full-time job. There's just not much time for most adults to listen to that much music.
20 and yeah I would really like more free time to do nothing at all/listen to musix EDIT DAMMIT FOMTOMTOMBOMBTOMBMOBTOMTBOMm

Hey I'm 20 and I work full time now as well, going to work now, all this week and next week are 8:30am-9:30pm days, except sundays off. I still find time during the day to rokk out. So having a job is no excuse as Erik said.

I've got a 30 go , it's more than I need but in the long run it will be ok I think... Like cellephones, once you have one , you can't do without. We're all trapped :)

I am currently in the tractor plantin wheat 14 hours a day, and a big mp3 player is nice. I have a 20GB right now, but I want much bigger. The new 60GB Gigabeat S is nice, plus it plays videos in widescreen. But I'm waiting for the price to come down. I just can't buy an Ipod. Life would probably be much simpler if I did.

Kill Tully: Have you looked at Wolverine mp3 players? They are kind of ugly, and the reviews aren't great, but they are as big as 120GB. That Neuros you mentioned earlier is supposed to suck. Terrible battery life. Take a look at reviews of lots of players at www.cnet.com.