90's Maiden with Dickinson

When Martin Birch left(after Fear of the Dark)they got some "impotent" guitar sound and most of their songs are really boring.Brave New World was really good but not even close to older albums.
You can literally HEAR when someone stopped doing it with love and passion.But they gave 10 fantastic albums which no one can beat.

My favorite album is SOMEWHERE IN TIME!!!I'll listen to that even when I'm dead.

There are people out there who say those 7 also were packed with filler but I never understood that.

A) The problem with fillers it's that those are in the ear of the beholder :D. I mean I can consider a filler what you consider a great song or viceversa, so I can point right now some songs on those 7 albums that are not as good as the rest of the material but I won't call them fillers, but I will understand if people consider them so.

B) In my particular case there was only one Iron Maiden song I never dug on those 7 albums that is 'Invaders' (but I do like the original version with DiAnno called 'Invasion', there are certain differences with the one in NOTB that make me dislike it). So until FOTD came I practically had all Iron Maiden albums recorded from top to bottom except for that song.
Now I'm not calling 'Invaders' a filler is just a song I don't like.

aw man, Wyv, Invaders might be my favorite! (case in point, I guess) I just love the lyrics and the speed Bruce sings them at. It is a tough song to follow along with him. What a way for the world to be introduced to him!!! Great album opening track!

I can't believe anything Bruce did solo reminds you of newer Maiden at all?!?
Unlike "reformed Maiden albums" Bruce's stuff aren't an overplayed and overextended snoozefest, have so much more interesting ideas and IMHO sound like an updated Maiden sound to a degree so to say... Low tunings and heavy chugging rhythms really set those apart from anything Maiden has ever done. They should've kicked Gers out and bring Roy Z on board :D

Something like Tyranny of Souls sure doesn't sound much like Maiden. Accident of Birth reminds me a lot of A Matter of Life and Death. I haven't listened to either album religiously so you may disagree, but to my ears, there is a lot of similarity.

Something like Tyranny of Souls sure doesn't sound much like Maiden.
Of course not, it sounds GOOOOOD! :headbang:

Accident of Birth reminds me a lot of A Matter of Life and Death.

Brandon please cut the absynthe :p, next thing you'll marry a gal called Sharon and start a reality show about Final Stage :saint:

aw man, Wyv, Invaders might be my favorite! (case in point, I guess) I just love the lyrics and the speed Bruce sings them at. It is a tough song to follow along with him. What a way for the world to be introduced to him!!! Great album opening track!

Such is life in the tropic :D, it's the only song pre FOTD that I cut from my Maiden records.

Something like Tyranny of Souls sure doesn't sound much like Maiden.

"Abduction" for one is more Maiden than today's Maiden itself :p Similarily to "Road To Hell", classic Maiden to the core! By "updated Maiden sound" I was aiming at are songs like "Darkside Of Aquarius" or "Soul Intruders" and lower tunings... Chemical Wedding is much heavier and most unlike Maiden, but AOB and TOS have some connections...

Accident of Birth reminds me a lot of A Matter of Life and Death. I haven't listened to either album religiously so you may disagree, but to my ears, there is a lot of similarity.

I'd recommend in depth ear cleaning hehe :p
Seriously, there's not many strings that connect those two. AOB bursts with creativity and eagerness, while AMOLAD puts me to sleep with its overextended unimaginative boring songs...