A band called Vehemence...

GoblinSupremo

New Metal Member
Aug 30, 2002
Visit site
Recently released a debut with MetalBlade Records. (Not their first release though.)

In my opinion, these guys are easily the next big thing to hit the Melodic Death Metal world.

Who else has heard their stuff? Opinions? Fav/worst songs?

Vehemence aren't melodic death metal, but they are damned good. And you're right in that they're one of the few bands who has a significant shot to garner quite a following (like Nile has). Somewhere between Opeth-progressiveness, Death-like song structuring and Morbid Angel's brutality lies this band. Fine stuff.

Originally posted by markgugs
Vehemence aren't melodic death metal, but they are damned good. And you're right in that they're one of the few bands who has a significant shot to garner quite a following (like Nile has). Somewhere between Opeth-progressiveness, Death-like song structuring and Morbid Angel's brutality lies this band. Fine stuff.

Yes, but as LordFireworm pointed out, do they have saggy tits? :D

Originally posted by markgugs

No, I'm afraid I'm going to have to call you on this. They ARE melodic Death. They just are a great bit more heavy with it.

vehemenceextreme.jpg

Originally posted by GoblinSupremo

No, I'm afraid I'm going to have to call you on this. They ARE melodic Death. They just are a great bit more heavy with it.

You can call me on whatever you'd like. The fact remains that Vehemence are no more melodic death metal than Vader is. And I really don't care what some half-ass advertisement banner says they are. Use your own ears, and don't just believe what someone else tells you to think.

I won't get into your arguments. I just know seeing them quite often here in their home state of ARizona that they are very good and will be much better on their next cd. You should post over at vehemence's board here at ultimatemetal as Bjorn,john, and nathan post on it.

bought the cd b/c of all the hype. was mildly entertained but overall not terribly impressed and it's kinda been shelved.

then i saw them live. was mildly entertained but overall not terribly impressed.

Originally posted by Meatball Grinder
bought the cd b/c of all the hype. was mildly entertained but overall not terribly impressed and it's kinda been shelved.

then i saw them live. was mildly entertained but overall not terribly impressed.

Your post left me mildly entertained but overall not terribly impressed.

John from Vehemence here, good to see people talking about us. My question is Meatball Grinder which show did you see us at?
We are a Melodic Death Metal and no doub about that, we listen to EMBRACED, ILL DISPOSED, GOREFEST, ENTOMBED, DISSECTION, MUTANT, SYMBYOSIS. All those crazy underground Swedish bands no one has heard of.

Half-ass advertisement banner "hey I created that banner in photoshop, I know I know, I havent dealth with animated gifts yet, but soon I will, I am just learning, I design 99% of the Vehemence digital artwork.

Originally posted by VEHEMENCE
we listen to EMBRACED, ILL DISPOSED, GOREFEST, ENTOMBED, DISSECTION, MUTANT, SYMBYOSIS. All those crazy underground Swedish bands no one has heard of.

Yeah man, no one's ever heard of them! :Lol: Sorry, had to say it, these bands aren't even remotely underground anymore.... at least not to me.