a dry review of the Friday in Metalcamp

Tee

Satan's yoyo
Oct 31, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
...there is a first time for everything right, so you go and see what's not for you.

the organization of the camp itself was so amazing that 2 security guards even told us that it's more than terrible and that in the end there will be dead people (not enough water even, except in the river), because of the heat. I kinda didn't care as we were not planning to stay, just for that one day. bad thing was that there were no signs anywhere, people walk around like cattle through the shire without knowing where they should go to exchange the tickets for the wristbands, tents are built in such places and in such ways that it's art actually, beating the rules of geometry.
though who cares, kinda, we were not there to camp. In order not to die from heat (which was abnormal), we went to a coffee shop, not so close to the camp, on foot, and spent there good 2 hours sitting and drinking coffee before we forced ourselves to go. lol it was really bad outside.

more important part, music.
Scaffold we missed as we were not interested... actually the whole schedule moved because of Arch Enemy that cancelled, and the show started later, to my joy, as I got to see Decapitated, that were great, with a very good sound, not to explain about their music. metalized enjoyed Jon Oliva's Pain, which was great too, that man can really sing... not my kinda thing, but .... nice.
Nevermore.... .... oh, not to forget, before the show Warrel and Jeff were giving autographs and posing for pictures with fans on the fence for the V.I.P. entrance 20 meters away from me. it's very nice when stars come and do that. makes people very happy. :)
as for the concert... Nevermore has and always will have the most energetic performance, it wakes my killer instinct and I guess I'm never too old to learn a thing or two about myself, (so I almost got into a fight with a guy who was brutally pushing his way to the fence. I sent him "into his mother's cunt" in Croatian which is a very nice curse here and middle fingered him right between his eyes; too bad not in his eyes, and fortunately he was Croatian and understood. metalized made sure that he gets blue ribbs (might be for lunch today too), so the guy was on the fence but surprisingly calm when Nevermore finished playing. I hate people who spoil other people's fun at concerts. or as metalized said: "if I can't enjoy the show, now he won't either :) " and did what had to be done...
I will never come to terms with Nevermore playing "their greatest hits" only, for which I'm sure will be sold as evergreens some day, and that for live perfomances they don't have any albums previous to DHIADW... anyways... here is the setlist, not in the specific order as I don't remember such things:
Final Product to begin with and closed with Born.
In the middle, Narcosynthesis, The River Dragon Has Come, Engines of Hate, DHIADW, Enemies of Reality, I Voyager, This Godless Endeavor.
I love to believe that there was more, so someone who sees this, please, add to my list... I really enjoyed the show, despite the fact I got showered with cold water on the head :D, as I was on the fence, so, basically close to the well....and old cow doesn't have to headbang on the fence, either. :p I had a lovely sight, right in front of Jim/Chris. Yeah, Steph, congratulations. :D
Hypocrisy were greeeeat, they played on the instruments Amon Amarth lent them, as theirs got lost on the airport :err: or similar... too bad Amon Amarth didn't have such great sound like Hypocrisy did.

Deathstars we missed, had to hurry back (5 and half hours of the nightdrive) so Nick could go work in the morning.

One of the highlights of the night was also when I guy lifted his manskirt and started pissing some 30 centimeters from my right ear, while I was just sitting there. LOL

And I thank all the lovely boys that complimented my tee and one even apologized to metalized for doing so. I mean, I've never been told I have the nicest balls in town. First time for everything, eh? ;)
girlwithballs.jpg
I deeply apologize for the lously looks, the shower made my hair wet and my make up leak in the manners of Sir Alice. and my mood was not really in top shape...

EDIT: sorry, forgot to add that Nevermore and Amon Amarth seemed to be the only ones with bad sound.

Tee said:
...there is a first time for everything right, so you go and see what's not for you.

the organization of the camp itself was so amazing that 2 security guards even told us that it's more than terrible and that in the end there will be dead people (not enough water even, except in the river), because of the heat. I kinda didn't care as we were not planning to stay, just for that one day. bad thing was that there were no signs anywhere, people walk around like cattle through the shire without knowing where they should go to exchange the tickets for the wristbands, tents are built in such places and in such ways that it's art actually, beating the rules of geometry.

I was kinda expecting this, that's why I didn't go...
I went to metalcamp once and I promised to myself that I'll never go there again no matter who will perform...

Tee said:
sorry, forgot to add that Nevermore and Amon Amarth seemed to be the only ones with bad sound.

Their regular soundman is on tour with Cannibal Corpse.

I don't know why, but I love festival shows like this with all the craziness that most people hate.

Tee said:

though who cares, kinda, we were not there to camp. In order not to die from heat (which was abnormal), we went to a coffee shop, not so close to the camp, on foot, and spent there good 2 hours sitting and drinking coffee before we forced ourselves to go. lol it was really bad outside.

more important part, music.
Scaffold we missed as we were not interested... actually the whole schedule moved because of Arch Enemy that cancelled, and the show started later, to my joy, as I got to see Decapitated, that were great, with a very good sound, not to explain about their music. metalized enjoyed Jon Oliva's Pain, which was great too, that man can really sing... not my kinda thing, but .... nice.
Nevermore.... .... oh, not to forget, before the show Warrel and Jeff were giving autographs and posing for pictures with fans on the fence for the V.I.P. entrance 20 meters away from me. it's very nice when stars come and do that. makes people very happy. :)
as for the concert... Nevermore has and always will have the most energetic performance, it wakes my killer instinct and I guess I'm never too old to learn a thing or two about myself, (so I almost got into a fight with a guy who was brutally pushing his way to the fence. I sent him "into his mother's cunt" in Croatian which is a very nice curse here and middle fingered him right between his eyes; too bad not in his eyes, and fortunately he was Croatian and understood. metalized made sure that he gets blue ribbs (might be for lunch today too), so the guy was on the fence but surprisingly calm when Nevermore finished playing. I hate people who spoil other people's fun at concerts. or as metalized said: "if I can't enjoy the show, now he won't either :) " and did what had to be done...
I will never come to terms with Nevermore playing "their greatest hits" only, for which I'm sure will be sold as evergreens some day, and that for live perfomances they don't have any albums previous to DHIADW... anyways... here is the setlist, not in the specific order as I don't remember such things:
Final Product to begin with and closed with Born.
In the middle, Narcosynthesis, The River Dragon Has Come, Engines of Hate, DHIADW, Enemies of Reality, I Voyager, This Godless Endeavor.
I love to believe that there was more, so someone who sees this, please, add to my list... I really enjoyed the show, despite the fact I got showered with cold water on the head :D, as I was on the fence, so, basically close to the well....and old cow doesn't have to headbang on the fence, either. :p I had a lovely sight, right in front of Jim/Chris. Yeah, Steph, congratulations. :D
Hypocrisy were greeeeat, they played on the instruments Amon Amarth lent them, as theirs got lost on the airport :err: or similar... too bad Amon Amarth didn't have such great sound like Hypocrisy did.

Deathstars we missed, had to hurry back (5 and half hours of the nightdrive) so Nick could go work in the morning.

One of the highlights of the night was also when I guy lifted his manskirt and started pissing some 30 centimeters from my right ear, while I was just sitting there. LOL

And I thank all the lovely boys that complimented my tee and one even apologized to metalized for doing so. I mean, I've never been told I have the nicest balls in town. First time for everything, eh? ;)
girlwithballs.jpg
I deeply apologize for the lously looks, the shower made my hair wet and my make up leak in the manners of Sir Alice. and my mood was not really in top shape...

EDIT: sorry, forgot to add that Nevermore and Amon Amarth seemed to be the only ones with bad sound.

Well I hope you had somewhat of a good time. Atleast there was NEVERMORE :kickass: . In the pic you remind me of Debra Harry. Forget the make-up you look lovely, although unhappy, still lovely.

Will Bozarth said:
they got Kelly Gray
LOL

that .... Jacek is lovely too. :p

@fading, I had a great time, on certain levels, of course. the face expression, even the body language (except for the testicles), that's plain dysphoria, when it hits.

good that we have a Metalcamp sticker on the windshield that we had to put there, where it says Friday, but a guy directed us to park wherever, just to get it over with, fast. nice that we didn't have to drive over some tents and fight the way through/between other cars when we were leaving. was ok, thanks to another parking lot (yeahlol) guard.
a deer and five cats on the road, lovely sight, and an engine that started boiling at some point, in the middle of nowhere, at 2 AM. now that was metal. :kickass:

Hey Tee -

1) Was it Van in the manskirt that peed by you?
2) Hot hot did Chris look
3) and where are the photos?!?!?!

no pictures.
I saw Miss Traitler there and knew there would be awesomeness on her site, and I'd re-drool over all the moments again if and when I feel like it....then again... I never have any pictures from Nevermore concerts. maybe two or three... why? cuz I have to headbang and throw myself here and there. and headbang a bit more. metalized had to hold that guy in a tight man hug and rub his... ribbs.
I also have a too shitty camera for such big distance. I am the person Behind the rail, not in front of the stage. a L.I.P., no V.I.P.

as for Chris... hot, yes. not only that. the man radiates so positively that you have to smile... :dopey:

and no, the guy pissing next to my ear wasn't Van (although he had his skirt alright). I bet if that had been Van, something would have touched my shoulder or the mentioned right ear.... from such small distance. o_O y'know.... o_O :loco:

glad you dig the shirt. so do I. many good fellas do. :D

(if I take pictures, I lose from the concert. I can't afford that.)

ok. officially, Sentient, sorry I didn't come close to search you as it's normally expected from a girl fan. :wave: there were reasons for that.

ark, I hate it when its hot and humid and disgusting and I'm somehow in a metal festival / camp.... happened before so I can somehow relate ...
I'm sorry the organization wasn't great tee... those things can sure fuck up a festival...
at least you got to see Nevermore! :kickass:

lolzie@ Tomi :tickled:
dunno, gotta check. at some points there seemed to be not so many, at another, like when Amon Amarth played, it looked like the river flooded the place. agaiin. amazing. :)

@Lioness: yep, I got to see... to see..., mostly Chris and Jim. a lot even. :loco: as for the rest, not that important, I wasn't camping, and I wouldn't anyway, the health doesn't allow, plus... people take showers in front of the audience? no thx. :p