A few words on the WS artwork...

First off, I'd like to give a shout out to Travis for the super-fan-fucking-tabulous work on this!!:headbang:

Also, the house picture really got me since I just finished reading Hell House (great book, a little dry in parts).

The artwork is definitely chilling.

You liked Hell House? I've read a few Matheson books, but I Am Legend was the only book of his I felt had any merit although it was also my favorite book growing up as a kid, and is still among my favorites. It's just that Matheson isn't a very good writer. I recommend reading "Something Wicked This Way Comes" since it's has the same overall theme as Hell House, but Ray Bradbury is a much more articulate writer, and the tale is much more resonant.

I agree. The artwork for Opeth's albums is always spectacular. It is so creepy but with no blood or guts. It is great success! always

I said that in a way as to be open to interpretation. What did you think I meant? I meant whatever you want it to mean! ;)

I'll be blunt, lest my point be lost because you think I'm merely being sarcastic or something.

Although you could interpret my "I'm not surprised" however you like, I wrote it meaning something specific.

Just like you can interpret Trav's artwork however you like, but I do think he did things intentionally and meant something by it (by his own admission).

That's all. I'm not trying to be argumentative or nasty or anything. I just think things can be suggestive of something, but still have specific meaning. I also admit that there's a lot of room for reading too much into something. But I don't think I'm wrong here.

Am I the only one who sees the face in the armchair on the DVD cover? Maybe I'm trying to hard to find something, but it seems quite clear to me, especially since it looks like the dude with the drink is acknowledging him...

Am I the only one who sees the face in the armchair on the DVD cover? Maybe I'm trying to hard to find something, but it seems quite clear to me, especially since it looks like the dude with the drink is acknowledging him...

Can you elaborate on where you see it? It would make sense. There's all that sworly business, and in the other pics, they indicate hidden faces and whatnot.

Look at the back of the armchair.
It looks like (at the top of the back of the armchair, between someone's shoulderblades if he were sitting down) there are two small black slits which are eyes. Underneath that there is a smallish black spot which could be a nose. Under that, there seems to be a (black) grimancing mouth. It looks like someone creaming out in pain, or something like that.
So, basically, it's not the swirly, but more like the shadows that are creating the face.

This could be my imagination though...

If someone has a scanner and can upload the pic, I can mark the area.

Look at the back of the armchair.
It looks like (at the top of the back of the armchair, between someone's shoulderblades if he were sitting down) there are two small black slits which are eyes. Underneath that there is a smallish black spot which could be a nose. Under that, there seems to be a (black) grimancing mouth. It looks like someone creaming out in pain, or something like that.
So, basically, it's not the swirly, but more like the shadows that are creating the face.

This could be my imagination though...

If someone has a scanner and can upload the pic, I can mark the area.

Here's what I see. I think I see something different, but it's really hard to describe. In the upholstery of the chair back, just slightly off center from the top of the oval, I see a face that's about the size of the wine glass, stem excluded. Eyes are most prominent (light center, dark rings around), "eyebrows" sort of in a worried expression. Reminds me of "The Scream" by Munch.

You know what? Flip it over. It's very clearly a gaunt looking face.

I'm totally lost on what anything means on the Special Edition booklet and I think I will only decipher the secret code when pigs fly. I did notice some really cool hidden things though, but that could just be my imagination.

I see another one on the DVD cover. This one is in the sworls, directly above the cup. Smiling wickedly.

I've noticed that these are easier to see at arm's length, as opposed to up close. Sharpens the image right up, less "pixelated", I guess.

I really need to find a way to scan these and outline the things I'm talking about...