A good friend has a lot of trust In me :)

LaSTofTHeViKIngs

Destroyer of the Universe
Sep 4, 2003
And he can cause yeah when im trusted with promo downloads and of something I really want and really want to hear he knows I won't leak it cause A. I have respect for the band. And B. it's watermarked and don't want to get him and his friend who runs the webzine in trouble (so don't ask cause I can't and won't)

I have and heard the entire album. This is quite possibly the best thing they have done yet. They really dug deep into the back catalogue for this one while once again keeping it fresh and new and exciting but staying true to.the AA sound. The melodies are much more profound this time around and fans of WOOOS and Vs the World should be greatly satisfied. You can clearly hear huge Accept influences on Father of the Wolf but its still def AA all the way and man does this fucker invoke major headbanging. As Loke Falls and similar sound to Vs. the World. But the stand out tracks are Under Siege, Coming of The Tide and Warriors of the North IMO but it could change cause ive only gave it one spin so far. Under Siege is epic heavy AA at their best and at times could be pt 2. to Embrace. Coming of the Tide is like the Live for the Kill off the album and is sure to be crowd favorite. Warriors of the North should eventually be played live cause Johan's lyric "We, March again, first in line, to reach Vahalla's mighty gates!!!! is something the crowd will def want to yell. You'll know what I mean when you eventually hear it and will probably get a Victorious March , Gods of War Arise the break part to it. The track Messiah guest stars on "Hel" is great but def odd for AA standards but it works and Messiah and Johan sound great together.The other tracks Blood Eagle and We Shall Destroy I need to listen to again but if I remember correctly Blood Eagle is the major death metal track of the record and We Shall Destroy also as Gods of Wsr Arise feel it.

Now I would not be shocked if this thread got deleted since the album is not out yet but yeah it has yet to leak and I use to write for my friends webzine so I figured id give a quick impression of it to.give you an idea what to expect. All I know this is a lot heavier then Surtur and Twilght and Sneap's mixing added a new element to AA that was missing in the last 2 albums even Bogren is still awesome.. Anyways June 25th can't get here fast enough. Can't wait to hear some of these new gems live!!

,ODIN BE PLEASED!!! \m/ >_< \m/

I hope you used to write better than this or maybe its no surprise that you no longer write for your "friend's" webzine.

Oh yeah as a "review" this sucks that's why its just a impression that I did on my mobile before I went to sleep and after I was floored from what heard so I take no offense to that. My friend did edit my stuff but yeah I was a lot better then this. I don't do it anymore cause I don't have the time lol. Maybe after a few more listens ill edit this and give a true track by track review but for those that know AA this gives them a slight idea what to expect. Thanks for your input :(

i don't think this album will leak this time, TOTG got leaked a month and a half before it's release, SR 2 weeks before, and as for DOTG it's only 10 days before it gets released in Sweden and it was not leaked yet, good job Amon Amarth ;)

Excellent that it is like Versus the World! Still my favorite album. I'm impatient but I will hold until I have the CD in my hand for this one. The mp3 previews are not even up on amazon or itunes yet.

Sounds like this will REALLY be an excellent one :)
All reviews I found are totally positive throughout and your impressions sound pretty much alike.
Posted some more reviews I found in the other thread.

More to note fans of tapping riffs will love As Loke Falls as the main riff is Olavi (I'm guessing its Olavi lol tapping) similar to the tapping riff in Death In Fire extremely epic. Oh and Fans of Asator will love Blood Eagle cause the fucker is super fast. Hell this whole album pretty much never slows down. it makes TTOTG and Surtur look slow! 10 days for Sweden huh? Yeah I doubt it will leak before then.