A great opinion piece...

Schurl said:
I´m also basically a Reunion supporter but it is correct that this could have been handled way more professional.

This thing has been handled like butt.

First it was we don't know what will happen, then it was we know what will happen but are trying to keep the mystery in rock and roll, then it was we can't tell youo becuase of legal reasons, to the end all we had to do it.

Maybe I'm alone in this but my honest opinion is whatever. I feel like they need to quit being dork shits about the future and just come out and say this is the line up from now on. They need to record a new record. Joey needs to learn to sing some of the Bush era songs live. Don't give me anyshit about how he shouldn't have to sing songs by the guy that replaced him either, John was in the band longer making Joey the junior. How in the hell can you ignore all the music from that time span? I can't see going to a concert knowing that half of my favorite tunes won't be played. Hell I would like to hear Joey sing some of it. I'm a Bush fan, but I bet Joey could sell some of it well, he said he could have sang the songs on SOWN, do it to man.

Past that I think it's friggen funny as crap the reunion fan squad here is always talking about what a punch in the face it must be to the band to have people bitch about the reunion. I agree 100%, the only thing I could see being more annoying is people telling me that the last 13 years of music I made was BS. That must suck.

I stand by Joey being the McRibb. If they make a Joey allbum, I'll but it becuase sometimes I like crap on a bun with pickles.

Oh yeah, and they should make it so Danny can't speak.....ever. Seriously.

Also, I will email Joey a gift card for super cuts :D

Karina_666 said:
you said McRib, uh, huh, huh. I used to love me a McRib. What I meant before was, both Anthrax with Bush and Joey solo had trouble selling tickets when they played the chance. All that proves to me is that the people in my area don't know shit about good music. I wasn't trying to say they were less popular with John, as let's face it, every metal band in the 90s seemed to be drawing less and less, except for Pantera, who seemed to get more popular. I agree with the posters who say if they don't get a new product out soon, that it might be detrimental to the band. However, I trust Scott and Charlie know what they're doing. And who are we to say who they enjoy more as their lead singer? I just think all this bickering is counter productive. We're all here for a reason, and that's Julio Egliasias, lol. But seriously, who cares who's singing? I'm just glad that Anthrax is still around and still has something to say.

well fuckin said Karina.......you are right about one thing,"who cares who's singing? I'm just glad that Anthrax is still around and still has something to say." I think some people do not realize that..I can tell you are a fan and that you do care..I think that's awesome..I think people who bash belladonna over and would rather have bush...are not really ANTHRAX fans...
I'm also a huge maiden fan..when bruce left and blaze replaced him..i was wow..what a different sound compare to bruce...but I still went to see Iron maiden when they toured with blaze and blaze was not bad for fronting a pioneer group..it was not bruce..but FUCK it is IRON MAIDEN..It's STEVE HARRIS and DAVEY MURRAY..they are really the reason why the group is still around..and I am glad they did not give up when bruce called it QUITS.....:headbang:

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
What music are they exactly making? Is there a new album out? A song? A fucking riff???

So true!!! I think they have an idea for a new riff,but they have to remember how to play Imitation of life first in order to move foward.......hahahahaha:lol:

ThraxEm said:
Dude..... If you ask me tomorrow morning what I am having for dinner in five days chances are I dont havwe an answer. An answer cant be given when there simply isnt one. Ya know?

I dont think they ever "used Dimes death" as an excuse. IIRC the event opened Charlies eyes in a way to the fact that this isnt all forever and can end any minute. This thought creates a sense of urgency to do things you have already been thinking about doing. KNow what I mean? Ever had one of those "shit life is short and sometimes brutal" moments?
As for 2-4, isnt it possible to have several motivations?
I was pissed off and vocal about all the same shit that (from an anti-reunion point of view) is hashed and rehashed here for the last year. Mostly I think I was just being selfish in wanting what I wanted and pissed that I may never get it. When I stepped back and looked at the whole thing with perspective its all good. These fucking guys are taking huge lumps merely for trying to keep the fucking thing alive. For doing whatever it took to keep the Anthtrax boat afloat as long as they can some of us decide to bash em for it when they are doing it because they love it and love what they give to the fans. Like it or leave it and move on.......

Great Post

DumbAss said:
Yeah, I'd rather have no Anthrax at all and see them go out with dignity.
This thing that's going on right now smells really bad, and I don't think they'll be able to wash off the stink.

If you hate them so much.. GO THE FUCK AWAY. What is so undignified about selling out shows and having a good time? Everyone leaving the shows seems to be fucking happy.

If you hate them so much.. GO THE FUCK AWAY. What is so undignified about selling out shows and having a good time? Everyone leaving the shows seems to be fucking happy.

This is the type of vitriol, that has become so common since April 1, 2005. This is a message board, for all manner of communication about Anthrax. If you don't like what someone posts, so what? We are here to discuss. Posting comments like "GO THE FUCK AWAY" is not the least bit constructive.

Although, we all get tired of beating a dead horse, this particular topic, seems like it will be here until the band is history, and even then I am sure some will debate the Bush lineup versus the Belladonna lineup.

Can't we all just get along?

vomit said:
This is the type of vitriol, that has become so common since April 1, 2005. This is a message board, for all manner of communication about Anthrax. If you don't like what someone posts, so what? We are here to discuss. Posting comments like "GO THE FUCK AWAY" is not the least bit constructive.

Although, we all get tired of beating a dead horse, this particular topic, seems like it will be here until the band is history, and even then I am sure some will debate the Bush lineup versus the Belladonna lineup.

I totally hear where you are coming from.. But it just gets fucking old hearing people trash the band.. People say some pretty disrespectful things about the band members. And then for someone to say he would rather no Anthrax.. What is the point of that?? I just feel that after a year and a half that they could stop the whining and move on or move out.

vomit said:

No kidding, I was just talking about Sammy vs. Dave with a buddy, it's been way longer than a year and a half for that one.

whitey131 said:
No kidding, I was just talking about Sammy vs. Dave with a buddy, it's been way longer than a year and a half for that one.
OK, let's debate this then! Sammy was a better singer, however the material with Dave was classic...wait a minute, what am I doing?