A great opinion piece...

I am of the opinion that JB and RC did not "butcher" anything. Quite the opposite.
We're having fun. This tour has been great for us. Why? New audience. That's why we did it. 8000 people in Little Rock is why. 4000 in Grand Rapids is why. Not doing it because Rob once opened for us would be retarded. He's bigger. He's given us a shot where so many other acts would say, "We love Anthrax, you guys rule, you influenced us blah blah blah" but take us out? Never. Why? We'd destroy them. We're too metal. We'll make the children cry. Anyway, our plan is to write after this and release a record when we're happy with it. Same as always. If another tour comes along that we feel will do something for us, we'll decide then.
Arguing over this is really pointless as I see most of you understand. Then again, I just spent the last week as part of an email chain with Jericho and Ed Trunk and Mike Portnoy arguing Maiden vs. Priest so who am I to talk?
From a pitbull to a poodle? I get it.

Black Thirteen said:
... He's given us a shot where so many other acts would say, "We love Anthrax, you guys rule, you influenced us blah blah blah" but take us out? Never. Why? We'd destroy them. We're too metal. We'll make the children cry...
Right on!:kickass:

Black Thirteen said:
I am of the opinion that JB and RC did not "butcher" anything. Quite the opposite.
We're having fun. This tour has been great for us. Why? New audience. That's why we did it. 8000 people in Little Rock is why. 4000 in Grand Rapids is why. Not doing it because Rob once opened for us would be retarded. He's bigger. He's given us a shot where so many other acts would say, "We love Anthrax, you guys rule, you influenced us blah blah blah" but take us out? Never. Why? We'd destroy them. We're too metal. We'll make the children cry. Anyway, our plan is to write after this and release a record when we're happy with it. Same as always. If another tour comes along that we feel will do something for us, we'll decide then.
Arguing over this is really pointless as I see most of you understand. Then again, I just spent the last week as part of an email chain with Jericho and Ed Trunk and Mike Portnoy arguing Maiden vs. Priest so who am I to talk?
From a pitbull to a poodle? I get it.

well said

Black Thirteen said:
I just spent the last week as part of an email chain with Jericho and Ed Trunk and Mike Portnoy arguing Maiden vs. Priest so who am I to talk?
So, who did you say...? Maiden or Priest?

jackfromczech said:
What makes me laugh is a fact that I haven't read any official statement so far that they've been writing a new material and most of you are full of expectations... What will happen if they won't record it for whatever reason? Will they go on touring and playing State Of Euphoria down-the-line...? I don't believe it's the right thing you want.

you know I've been a fan of this band for a long time and i support whatever this band does..my expectaions has always been that they make good music; better than their previous album even...I don't think this band gets the credibility they deserve..Plain and simple if you don't like where the direction of this band is going??you don't have to tune to them...I do not care if it's John, joey or john doe on vocals..it's all about anthrax making music..if the day would come that I see that this band ain't worth listening to ex: Metalllica..cough cough excuse me...then that'll be it for me:cool:

walking dead 666 said:
I fuckin care. Bush is a better fit for the band in this time and age.

I think any of them would be cool for vocals...I do agree that bush has a very,very strong voice...
it always makes me wonder how it would have been like if john was the lead vocals for metallica...that would have been interesting to hear...:loco:

Karina_666 said:
I'm still wondering what Julio Iglesias thinks about all this reunion shit. I mean, they obviously stole their whole attitude from him after he left Anthrax and are just cashing in on the name. To me, no Julio=no Anthrax. That's just the way it is.

:heh:

Stay trüe!

jackfromczech said:
What makes me laugh is a fact that I haven't read any official statement so far that they've been writing a new material and most of you are full of expectations...

That's simply the fact that at every show Scott has said that they'll be recording a new album. I bet it'll make children cry!:kickass:

DarrellDethSDMF said:
That's simply the fact that at every show Scott has said that they'll be recording a new album. I bet it'll make children cry!:kickass:

If you bead a child with anything it will make them ry.

nafnikufesin said:
The topic is old. You're tired of it. I get that. But the fact that the topic keeps coming up suggests it's still a relevant topic. What tires me is people complaining that the topic tires them. Feel free to stop posting in these threads if they bore you so much.

Only a fellow canadian could sum things up so nicely. Now I wanna have your babies NFF. Wait! Did I say that aloud? What I really wanted to say was: "God, I missed you!" :lol:

dbluntman said:
Plain and simple if you don't like where the direction of this band is going??you don't have to tune to them...

What direction are you talking about??? Anthrax has no direction these days at all, they've been crawling by inertia for over one year and profit from the past glory... :Smug:

jackfromczech said:
What direction are you talking about??? Anthrax has no direction these days at all, they've been crawling by inertia for over one year and profit from the past glory... :Smug:

that is such a weka statement man.

Black Thirteen said:
Arguing over this is really pointless as I see most of you understand.

Alot of us are just sick of the "mystery" you talk about. Damn, you can't be that clueless that you don't know what's going on with your own band. If you don't want people arguing here, then get to the point and say whether you guys plan on John coming back or if Joey is staying permanently. It's that simple. All the Bush fans will go elsewhere and your board will be filled once again with happy people. But until that statement is made I don't see this arguement ever going away.

mrthrax said:
scott has said a zillion times they cant say anything because of contract stuff,we dont want any more fuck ups,coe join the cdc u haters

Why would us "haters" join the cdc?? To read the same responses and statements from Ian we hear here?? You said because of "contract stuff" he can't say anything here, does that mean the CDC forum isn't included in the contract?? He can say what he wants there, but heaven forbid if he does it on the Ultimate Metal board there's gonna be hell to pay, yeah, that makes alot of sense.

Fuck ups?? What fuck ups have there been?? If they can't at least say who their singer is and if John is coming back or not, then the only fuck up I see is that Anthrax signed a retarded ass contract. Do you actually believe that shit?? You're pretty damn naive.

mrthrax said:
scott has said a zillion times they cant say anything because of contract stuff
To sign a contract where's given that you aren't allowed to speak about your future seems to be fair anyway...