A Katatonia song for you and your love?

the last lonely man

New Metal Member
Jan 17, 2008
www.myspace.com
Basically, Ive seen the thread about Katatonia songs and failing relationships, but I have a couple of songs that me and my girlfriend consider "our song".

Any one else?

---------------

For me its "Unfurl". It came about, when we started seeing each other seriously, and I was riding a bus to meet her in town, it was snowing quite bad, and i was running late...I was listening to my mp3 player and at nearly 9pm Unfurl came on! That was the night I realised I loved her :) The lyrics are almost scarily similar to the situation, hence why I consider it "our" song;

"At city centre 9pm
Just like you wrote
And I try to think about
Snow coming in
Just like before
I will be on stand-by

Releasing the vapour
Into the lung
Letting the wings unfurl
And for a moment I feel young
I call on the bird
Unfurl"

I'll assume we can put songs even if we aren't currently in a relationship. I'll mention a few.

Saw You Drown
Teargas
Dispossession
My Twin
July
Deliberation
Right Into the Bliss
I am Nothing
Dissolving Bonds
Ghost of the Sun
Criminals
Burn the Remembrance
One Year from Now
Evidence
Omerta
Cold Ways
Day
Inside the Fall
Code Against of the Code
Unfurl

Ok so that was more than just a few, but whatever. I'm sure you'll be able to relate if you know the songs.

I don't think there are any Katatonia songs that quite fit this bill... maybe 'Evidence' because that was the first Katatonia song I ever played for her. If we have an 'our song', it would probably be 'Huomen' by Tenhi. She had just got that album, and we were driving to a different town, and she put it on that song, saying it was her favorite on the CD. I'd never heard Tenhi before, and I instantly loved it. I felt very close to her while it was playing, and it reminds me very much of her no matter when I hear it.

I'd say the entire Last Fair Deal Gone Down album as far as Katatonia goes. Soooooo many make out sessions have featured that ultimate gem of late-night mood enhancement. Our wedding song was actually "Come Undone" by Duran Duran.

Isn't my wife awesome?:

Haha. Notice my inverted-cross necklace hanging from the cupboard door knob. Hail satanic dinnerware.

Last edited by a moderator:
I somehow consider TGCD good making out music, mainly because I have a long distance relationship and therefor feel especially good when this cold distance is overcome.

The first time I kissed my current girlfriend was during TGCD.

We've been together 15 months yesterday now. haha

My girlfriend actually tells me to turn on Evidence now and she actually sings along with me..some pretty cool shit :)

One Year From Now describes how I feel about our relationship, since we're both leaving for college within the next month. I wonder where it'll go from here

We don't have a particular song, at least not by Katatonia. We actually like very different songs. She's a Sweet Nurse/My Twin/Evidence fan like every female and I prefer more weird and/or depressive tunes :p

We don't have a particular song, at least not by Katatonia. We actually like very different songs. She's a Sweet Nurse/My Twin/Evidence fan like every female and I prefer more weird and/or depressive tunes :p

:p like every female? I think Sweet Nurse is one of their worst songs hehehe.
Can't really choose one for me and my new guy since we have been together such a short time. Probably something off Brave Murder Day like Murder. Since I was wearing the BMD shirt on the night I met him, and that's what he asked me about when he came to talk to me. Also a band played a cover of Murder that night and he mentioned it to me too. (along with everyone else in the bar cause I wasn't there when it happened lol)

I don't think there are any Katatonia songs that quite fit this bill... maybe 'Evidence' because that was the first Katatonia song I ever played for her. If we have an 'our song', it would probably be 'Huomen' by Tenhi. She had just got that album, and we were driving to a different town, and she put it on that song, saying it was her favorite on the CD. I'd never heard Tenhi before, and I instantly loved it. I felt very close to her while it was playing, and it reminds me very much of her no matter when I hear it.

I adore Tenhi a lot. Somehow I am related to one of the guys in that band. Tyko. They have many beautiful and poetic songs. Though Mum heard it today and said it was a bit "morbid" she even liked it.

But I suffer the "curse of Mannhilde".... a tale I will tell you all someday around a camp fire.... I like to sing over that song with stupid lyrics actually when I am bored at home alone.

o my sweet nurse
can I have another slice of pie
some ice cream too
it better not be diet
you smile and say
but it's your third plate

o my sweet nurse
just one more before dinner time

then like a ghost at night
I sneak down to the fridge in spite
it's calling to me
and so I have to drink