Your first Katatonia song ever heard (& when)

sitting in a car after having done half a g with my good friend...i was philosophizing as usual...then my friend left the car to go talk to someone down the road...im on my own in the messy junkies car....then i started getting sketchy...i felt my sanity departing...in the background i suddenly realised...there was a soundtrack to my emotion at the time....a dark...lonely...apocalyptic...sorrowful tune....i turned up the volume...the lyrics were spot on....i couldnt beleive what i was hearing....the lyrics telling exactly what i was feeling at the time...too weird...

at the time i thought id juSt fucked my brain up good...had i gone beyond the point of no return????...and found myself not being able to think about anything but the same thoughts over and over...i was stuck in a loop...like the same track playing over and over and over...never ending thought....a panic attack maybe...my face numb as fuck....my heart pounding....my mind on repeat mode...

everything i was thinking was so paranoid...conspiracy theories...hidden messages in TMNT cartoons...etc etc...linking everything to anything...baxter sotckman the scientist representing the crazy scientists of today....meaningless shit maybe...i couldnt decide...i was going insane....i thought i was doomed...no turning back....i felt like such a fool for doing this to my brain and felt robbed...like someone had fucked my youth up.....so u can imagine how i connected with the lyrics in THE FUTURE OF SPEECH!!!!!!!!! :O

My prospects have become less promising
I find it hard to believe in anything
Seems I lost my world and so I lost my faith
And I can't go back to where I've been

Brand new day
Can't get worse

I have no lies or truth in what I say
(There) is no meaning
The words are numb but I'm so afraid
(There) Is no meaning

This is another chance or so I'm told
By these who can push themselves at any cost
They bless me with their fingers crossed
My youth is stolen, transformed and sold

Myself say
Can't get worse

(There) is no meaning
The words are numb but I am so afraid
(There) is no meaning

(There) is no meaning
(There) is no meaning

A brand new day
It can't get worse
Hear myself say
It can't get worse

A brand new day
It can't get worse
Hear myself say
It can't get worse

(There) is no meaning
(There) is no meaning

(There) is no meaning
(There) is no meaning

well I heard about them at Amazon.com. It list bands at the bottom and such. " If you like My Dying Bride you might like these albums". So I listened to bits of Brave Murder Day and I guess my first song would be Brave!

the first if I remember was Tomb Of Insomnia. Yeah, that was something new for me, because I only listened to black metal. I think it was maybe 8 years ago :)

And I would say - hello to everybody. I'm new here hehehe.

brave. It was a friend who listen mostly to black metal. At the time I was into american alternative rock scene and he made me discover this album. I felt in love with them.

norghash said:
"seven dreaming souls" (being the 1st track on dods that was naturally the first one i heard) - must have been in '93...a great year for black metal in general :D :worship:

Focus, Skydancer, A velvet creation, North from here, Vikingligr Veldi, Pure holocasust, Transylvanian hunger, Individual thought patterns,... The smash records just keep on coming! What a year...

Cool thread topic!

First song was March 4 and I was immediately in love. Heard it playing at a small record store, and I bought the Teargas EP right then and there. The line "but everything is now a film on rewind" still gives me shivers every time I hear that song.

My first song was 'Dispossession' and I first heard it all of two days ago :D
Heard lots of good things about Katatonia and decided to take a chance on them so I bought a copy of 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down' on ebay.