First Katatonia song you ever heard?

bleedingfilth

Lost Pet Needs Home
Jun 24, 2002
www.fadetoblack.com
For me, it was "I Am Nothing" When I heard it I was sitting at my computer with my mouth wide open. I was totally in love with it.
Then I got Tonight's Decision for Christmas afterwards and I was a happy camper.
Katatonia CDs are nonexistant here :(

Deadhouse, on Century Media ID5... promptly then went out and downloaded as much as i could, and then checked every cd store i went into until I finally found LFDGD... and picked up the rest randomly as i found them, basically... testimony to the fact that mp3's do get you to buy more music, if you use 'em right... which i try to do.

As I Mentioned earlier, my first experience was Deadhouse, and in the same way as Elric (from ID5). I had no computer back then, and so everytime I went to the music store, I looked, and finally, eventually, I found The Discouraged Ones. Three or four months later, I went to a place with great selection (three hours north), and found Tonight's Decision, and was even more delighted. About a year later, I found LFDGD. Now that I got computer access, and I can keep up to date, the new album seems to be coing about agonizingly slow!!

I first listened to "I Am Nothing". Wasn't real impressed at first. Then I read the lyrics, and REALLY liked them. So I gave the song another chance and it started to catch on. Then I think I downloaded "For My Demons" and "Dispossession". So as you can see, I haven't been into them all that long....but I listen to them almost everyday :) I can relate to their lyrics in so many ways...its almost scary.

The first one I listened to was "Brave". I remember I heard it like 1 month before, but I didn´t find nothing special in it. But oh God, when I heard it (I mean, HEARD IT) one month later... :worship:

That song changed my life.

Originally posted by speakinstone
For My Demons. It really made an effect!!

yeah me too, it was almost a full week till i played the rest of the album :eek: i mean i was so impressed, and i kept playing it up to 4 times in a row at times. anywho, once i listened to the rest of the album i put it on MD and constantly listened to it. i dont think any other band has impressed me as much, my dying bride came close though:cool:

i don't remember the first song i heard...shame on me!
Actually i remember that I was at a friend's place and my friend made me listen to a bunch of katatonia songs from the earlier albums and the newer ones. At first I enjoyed their older style more, but then it took me very little to appreciate and fall in love with their new style!