My First Katatonia CD

Lady_Ahriman said:
Hail! For me, the best Katatonia's album or maybe the best doom metal's album (haha XD) is Dance Of December Souls... All songs are perfect, specially Velvet Thorns and In Silence Enshrined.. I love them all... It's simply wonderful, and I don't think the production is bad... ¬.¬

Totally agree. Specially with Velvet Thorns as a very beautiful song.
And I also like Brave Murder Day. I always said BMD and DODS are my favourites.

Vomitonator said:
What are you talking about? Bad production my ass. That album sounds great, the production is just perfect for that kind of music. It wouldn't have the same cold and desolate atmosphere if it had some goddamn superclean Abyss sounds.

Yeah you are right that the production adds to the bleak, cold atmosphere. But I still think it has a low budget sounding, uninteresting sounding production.
I'm not complaining though, because like you said, it adds something to the music, but it's not GOOD production like Katatonia's last two albums.

shivering corpse said:
Yeah you are right that the production adds to the bleak, cold atmosphere. But I still think it has a low budget sounding, uninteresting sounding production.
I'm not complaining though, because like you said, it adds something to the music, but it's not GOOD production like Katatonia's last two albums.

Yeah, well that depends on how you determine "good production". The production on DoDS suits the music great thus I think it is well produced, but it's definetely not hifi and probably done with a low budget, if that is what you mean by "good production".

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
Wow...

That must be one KILLER CD to say the least...

Opinions vary. That album bored me to death the last time I listened to it. Gotta bore more into it someday,but for now I'm liking the recent Katatonia releases more.

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
Wow...

That must be one KILLER CD to say the least...
It is... you'll see.

Not to indulge in too much of a favourite's post, but after listening to 'Viva Emptiness' for several months now, I thought this evening I'm a bit down so I'll put on 'Tonight's Decision' considering I haven't heard it in ages. And bloody hell, it all came flooding back and blew 'VE' out of the water.

'VE' is a good album, but it's no 'TD' or 'LFDGD'.