Your first Katatonia song ever heard (& when)

tix

what is it in my eyes?
Mar 7, 2005
Krakow, PL
It was over a year ago , don't remember exactly.. but I suppose it was December 2003 or January 2004, first song? Ghost of the Sun - and I have liked it instantly! :D but I am not convinced to the old katatonia, it's like the other chapter for me.. but I'm trying ;]

and what about you? ;] :headbang:

murder some years ago, since then i hear the bmd at least 3 times the week!
unbelievable, and for me this is actually the one and only katatonia release ever!

probably Brave, followed by the rest of the Brave Murder Day album, and it was pretty damn good! (this was only a couple of years ago)

I can't seem to recall the exact time I first heard them. But it was around Viva Emptiness was released...However they quickly became one of my favorite bands. Which is funny because the very first time I heard them I didn’t think that much of their music?

I believe the first song was Criminals or Sleeper

Deliverance6 said:
I heard katatonia for the first time in 1997 on the Firestarter compilation CD.....the song was MURDER.....repeated in my cd player for a month or so and then I got BMD.....my favorite band ever since.

The firestarter comp, great cd!!! It was probably the same for me, although I did a tape trade around that time and recieved a dub of BMD, so that could be it instead...needless to say I was instantly hooked.

For My Demons ,,,, I guess around spring 2000???
'In Death, A song' was what got me hooked. The guitar part I just had to learn!
But the whole thing became a fav.

I think it had to be "Ghost of The Sun". I downloaded "Viva Emptiness" (I own the CD today) sometime in 2003 to see what kind of band Katatonia was. At first it didn't click but I tried it out again around 6 months or so later. After that I started enjoying it thoroughly and got more of their stuff. Now I enjoy all eras of Katatonia and I'm a total addict.