Dislike for DoDS?

imho DoDS is the best album ever no matter which musical style is taken into account :worship: it's a monument and will forever be my no. 1! sad that most people don't seem to experience the feelings i have when listening to that album (or the demo or FFTC...)

Bah, I read another interview, made after the release of Tonight's Decision in which Jonas said that taking all things into consideration, DoDS was a 'ver worthy' album.

Dance of December Souls is just super!!! Goh... I remember the days... 1993 I guess??? The first time I heard Katatonia bringing their own unique cold style. That album makes me think of the coldness in winter and the sadness of the long dark nights... The atmosphere is so pure... Tomb of Insomnia, I am God,... When I hear it now, it's not that special anymore. Back back those days... Mmm... The ultimate melancholic release... That's like 10 years ago. Embrace this album. This one started it all...

DoDS is a great album (what can I do? I just love doom metal.)
Gateways Of bereavement is just great, In Silence Enrished has a great solo, Without God is a very good death-metal-song, Elohim meth just sounds great, Velvet thorns is so soft and beautiful, and tomb of insomia is just g-r-e-a-t!

I can't understand why people dislike it.

DoDS is something not to be measured or compared to later records of Katatonia.. it was mostly a product of a moment in time.. and its a brilliant display of blackish-doom metal.. I consider it to be unique in its shape/style.. its so classically doom as Paradise Lost or Candlemass were.